Page 14 (Don't Walk so Fast)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 14

D: “You and Chan Yeol hyung have a safe trip now (^_^)”

J: “We will, bye! (^_^)”

C: “(waves at them)”

Ji Yeon and Chan Yeol walk home

while walking

 

“So, what was so important that you had to go home all of a sudden?”

“Nothing”

“Hmm? But you said your mother texted you-”

“Nothing. I made it up as an excuse to walk home with you (^_^)”

 

“…”

 

“Ji Yeonie… You would do that for me?”

 

“Sure; you’d skip parties for me, right? Don’t you think I would do the same for you? (^_^) After all, we always walk home together. So this much is already natural.”

 

“…”

 

“You were all over Kai a while ago.”

“Huh?”

“You were pinching his cheeks and thanking him… being all happy and stuff. Then later Baek will be coming to your place, for Math tutoring. Will you… get all giddy and blissful again once you score well in the Math test?”

“Duh. Isn’t that normal? Plus about Kai, he’s younger than me so I thought he was kind of cute. It’s not like I like him.”

“Well I guess not… but your preferred type is Baek isn’t it? Little brother/ older brother type.”

“When did I even tell you about that? (-_-) I already forgot.”

“I think it was around 5th grade. You described your ideal type of guy, not knowing that the description fit Baekhyun perfectly.”

“Yeah… I pretty much only found out that Baekhyun Oppa was my type when I told Kai about it…”

 

 “Chan Yeol, if you knew all this time, why didn’t you ever tell me it was Baekhyun Oppa?”

 

“…”

“I didn’t think you needed to know.”

“(punches Chan Yeol on the arm) Crazy; if I knew I definitely would have tried getting to know him sooner.”

“(winces from the pain of Ji yeon’s punch) (whispers) That’s what I was afraid of…”

 

“…”

 

“Ji Yeon… don’t walk so fast.”

“What are you talking about? I’m right here; our pace is the same.”

 

“No; it’s not… you keep getting further and further away from me…”

“…finally, there might come a time that even when I shout your name, you might not hear me.”

 

Ji Yeon pauses

 

“Chan Yeol? What are you saying?”

 

Chan Yeol also stops walking, face to the ground

 

“… don’t leave me… “

“…don’t walk so far ahead of me…”

“…don’t replace me…”

“… don’t live your life without me…”

“… don’t look for someone else when it’s me you need…”

 

“… don’t… walk pass me…”

“…as if I’m not there…”

“… and hug someone else right in front of me…”

 

Ji Yeon approaches Chan Yeol

“Chan Yeol?”

 

“…please… Ji Yeon…”

“stop walking so fast… I don’t want to lose sight of you…”

“… always… stay by my side…”

 

Ji Yeon exhales and hugs Chan Yeol from behind

 

“Gosh dude (blush); you’re a lot of trouble you know that? Such a drama queen. You come into my life and start talking to me randomly… and now we’re here.”

“Do you think anyone would be a good enough replacement for you? Even if I searched the entire world, I don’t think there would ever be someone as strange as you.”

 

Chan Yeol holds onto Ji Yeon’s hands as she hugged him; they could freely do things like this on a normal basis. But… if he confesses his feelings… would things still be the same? Could they comfortably do these kinds of things? It would be terrible to ever lose this intimacy… but he didn’t want to stay in the friend zone forever… maybe…

Maybe Kai’s right… maybe confessing on graduation isn’t a bad idea.

 

Ji Yeon lets go

“Feeling better?”

“Yeah… you always make me feel insecure Ji Yeon.”

“Me? Yeah right… (blush) you’re the one with tons of girl fans.”

“Ehehehe (^_^) Are you my fan?”

“No; that’s like demotion for me. Fans are girls you don’t even know, but started liking you because they found you attractive. I’m more than that.”

“I’m your closest friend ever; and I intend for it to stay that way.”

“...”

“Well… would it be so bad if you started seeing me as a guy and not a puppy?”

 

Ji Yeon’s eyes widened at the statement. She turned and gave Chan yeol a confused look.

 

“ (scratches his neck) I was just asking… Am I even handsome Ji Yeonnie?”

“You?...”

“…”

“Yes (blush); you’re quite handsome.”

“Really? You think so?”

“(-_-) Whatever; you’re better looking than most guys.”

“Ahahaha (^_^) I… (blush) always thought since the first time we met, that you were really pretty.”

“Oh… thanks.”

 

silence filled the air

The 2 arrived at Ji Yeon’s house

“Want to come in?”

“Nah; I better be getting home. Say hi to auntie for me.”

“Oh... ok. You don’t want to join me and Baekhyun Oppa for math tutoring?”

“(chuckles) It’s alright. I can handle myself; I might not score high, but I’ll try to; using my own abilities...You should have some alone time with him (wink) (^_^)”

For the second time today, Ji Yeon’s eyes widened and she looked at Chan Yeol with a confused face

“Who are you and what have you done with Chan yeol? He would NEVER, and I mean NEVER, feel so comfortable about me being alone with some guy other than him.”

“But I thought you said Baek’s your ideal type?”

“Well, yeah (blush) but, are you ok with this? You weren’t exactly welcoming when you found out about me and Kai (-_-)”

“Yeah, I know. And I’m sorry for that. But you said you would accept my fans, so I too should be able to accept the fact that I’m no longer the only person you can turn to; you have more now (^_^). And I look forward to you becoming close with all the EXO members. It’s not going to be easy and expect that I may act weird sometimes, but with God’s help I hope I’ll stop being so freaking possessive (-_-)”

When Ji Yeon heard this, she felt so pleased and so happy; she felt so proud that Chan Yeol was finally going to be less clingy. She gave him a tight hug.

“Thanks Chan Yeol.”

“Yeah... of course (smiles). Since this makes you happy. Just promise me that even if you get a hundred new friends, you and I will still be close ok?... maybe I’ll even lose my position of ‘closest friend ever,’ but even if that happens in the future I’ll still accept it.”

“Just know that I’ll always be here for you.”

“Silly Chan Yeol.”

Ji Yeon pinched Chan Yeol’s nose

“Your position is not for sale.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! ^_^ I was so stressed and tired today :( I had 7 reflection papers due today, so last night I only got 1 hour of sleep! (from 12:30 PM to 1:30 AM?) I finished my work at around 5:30 AM, and tried to sleep again... but I think I only fell asleep for around 30 minutes. So yeah, when I headed off to school I was so wasted (-_-); so sleepy and drained. The worst part was I did horribly on my math test! Seriously, the whole second page was blank! I wanted to cry so badly (>.<) 

After telling God about how exhausted and tired and absolutely miserable I was, i went to Belgian Waffles outside of school with a friend and I ate a choco-hazelnut waffle (^_^) it cheered me up a bit. But I totally de-stressed by writing this chapter (^_^) So yeah, I ended up updating sooner than I thought again, but writing this fic really helps me de-stress. So there (^_^) I actually have another test tomorrow and a role-playing activity in class. Geez! Being a sophomore in college is pressuring! Well, wish me luck guys :) May God bless each of you!