Page 25 (One Whole is Two Halves pt.1)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 25

Well, whatever he needs to say, he can say it when he’s ready. It must be something pretty serious for him not to tell her. Now, Ji Yeon’s more determined to figure out what it is.

 

The weeks passed by and it’s already half-way through the school year; EXO’s popularity still going strong, and Ji Yeon learning to think nothing of it as the time goes by. Maybe it’s because she knows she has a special place in the EXO family. Too bad though, Chan Yeol liked jealous Ji Yeon a little bit.

 

Tutoring sessions with Kai and Baekhyun have been fun. Today was a Friday and they were to have a science test on Monday. Kai agreed to tutor Ji Yeon.

 

It was a rainy day.

 

“You ready to go Noona?”

“Yup.”

 

Kai proceeded to open his umbrella, while Ji Yeon was still looking for hers in her bag.

 

“Oh no… It seems that I don’t have my umbrella with me.”

“You want to share mine Noona?”

“Yes, please. Sorry for the trouble Kai. I’m already asking for your help for the test, and now I need to share an umbrella with you.”

“Don’t worry; it’s nothing. Shall we?”

 

The two made their way to Ji Yeon’s place. As they walked the wet streets side by side, rain pouring down, Kai sneaked glances at Ji Yeon. Would it be so wrong to say he was happy being like this? He liked Ji Yeon; he knew that. He had a tiny crush on her; emphasis on the tiny (not). But still, a crush was a crush. Tough luck for Kai that he ended up liking the one girl Chan Yeol was after. Everyone knows friends come first before crushes or girlfriends/boyfriends. And it makes Kai feel bad for liking a girl someone already had eyes on; that someone being one of his best friends. He’s been doing his best to lower his crush level on Ji Yeon. But it’s difficult because apart from being seated next to her (making him the person she talks to the most in class), he spends extra time with her when he tutors her. He finds it cute whenever Ji Yeon can’t understand scientific concepts and stuff. And he feels very proud when she finally gets it. Ji Yeon still pinches his cheeks at times; it often catches him off guard and he ends up saying incoherent words. Ji Yeon now knows to do it when Chan Yeol’s not around.

 

“Aww, Kai is cute~”

“Noona, you think everything younger than you is cute.”

“And so? Your point is?”

(-_-)

 

Memories aside, they continued to trudge on the damp streets. The rain got stronger. And stronger, and stronger and stronger. The gust of wind was blowing quite forcefully. They got worried.

 

“Kai, I think our tutoring session can wait until tomorrow. You should go home.”

“Yeah; I think so too. Since I live across your neighborhood, I’ll still accompany you to your house.”

“Ok, thanks Kai.”

 

 

All of a sudden, there was a car heading their direction. The road became slippery because of the rain, and the car was a bit too speedy earlier, now it was out of control.

 

Kai dropped the umbrella and hurriedly took Ji Yeon in his arms. He quickly ran with her to the opposite side of the road; in order to avoid the swerving car.

 

It seemed they were going to make it at first, but then the car was getting closer and closer—they were still at the middle of the road.

 

Kai used all his strength to push Ji Yeon to the other side.

 

 

 

Ji Yeon made it.

 

 

Thankfully Kai made it too.

 

 

But not without a scratch.

 

 

The car’s bumper had a sharp edge; Kai got lacerated on his side.

 

Blood was leaking out.

 

 

“Haaaah…”

“Kai! Kai! Oh my gosh! C’mon, I have to take you to my house!”   

 

 

Ji Yeon placed one of Kai’s arms on her shoulders as she supported him in walking to her house. It was so difficult because the rain was still pouring and the wind still blowing.

 

Thankfully, they made it. Ji Yeon’s mother was out today, attending a reunion with her friends. Her father was still at work. She had no idea what to do because Kai was still bleeding. She ran around the house to find a cloth to put on Kai’s laceration.

 

 

“What do I do? What do I do? I don’t know what to do! Kai, don’t die or something ok? Tell me you’ll be ok.”

 

She held Kai’s hands.

Tears were threatening to fall from her glistening eyes;

 

 

“Kai… Jong In… I’m sorry, I don’t know how to fix this.”

“Call… KyungSoo…”

“K-kyung Soo? D-do you have his number?”

“Here… use my phone and call him up.”

“Ok. Just hold on Kai.”

 

 

-----

 

Have you guys watched EXO's Overdose MV? It was another great comeback from them (^o^)

I be...

 maybe others be...

if they ever saw me and they weren't into Kpop. But meh, (^_^) I like what I like.

Btw, I though Kai's eyeliner made him look pretty, especially when he smiled (^_^)