Page 9 (Ji Yeon's Story)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 9

“Aww, c’mon Noona~ I said I was sorry. (starts doing aegyo, aegyo, aegyo and more aegyo)”

 

“Hahahaha! (>_<) Kai stop! Your face looks so freakin’ weird”

 

“(-_-) Well, if you just start your story telling, I wouldn’t be doing this. You know I’m not really a fan of doing aegyo, but I found out it was an easy way to get what you want (^_^) Provided that you do it in front of the opposite gender. Hahaha, if you ever did it in front of Chan yeolhyung, (>_<) I bet he would just die.”

 

“No waaaayyyy on Earth, dude (-_-)… anyways, about my story… it’s really nothing much…”

 

When I was a kid, my mother and father were always busy. My father would usually be someplace else because of his job, while my mother had a part-time job every afternoon until evening. Every day I went to school, later got picked up and brought home by mother, and left there eating the food she prepared while she goes to work. We could only see father during the weekends at that time, so I really cherished our family time together; it was the only moment when all 3 of us could enjoy each other’s company. They had to be busy with work because at that time, we didn’t have much money. So they needed to earn a lot for my education. They always felt bad and apologized for having to leave me alone, but I knew that they were doing everything for me anyway. So even though I was a bit lonely, I didn’t say a word. I just smiled and hugged them, and told them “I’m fine.” On days when I missed them the most, I would open the television and try to distract myself, but it didn’t stop the tears from flowing. I used to cry when no one was around because only then did I feel that I was really doing good. I knew that my parents struggled to take care of me day and night, and because of that they had to leave me alone. It wasn’t right for me to feel lonely; I was such a burden, but they worked hard and long because they loved me. So I convinced myself of not feeling bad; after all, God gave me the best parents in the world. I vowed to never complain or cry in front of my parents and to always remember those lonely days, because in those days I felt the intensity of my parents’ love: It was as deep as an ocean, and as sweet as candy… it was… something that couldn’t be measured; it just felt so warm and comforting. That’s why unlike most people, I don’t really say what I feel. It’s because I grew up keeping my feelings inside, that I’m not as sociable as other people. But it doesn’t mean I’m still lonely; it’s just how I became.

 

I think it was about 2 years later, around the time I met Chan Yeol, when my father got a promotion that helped to unite our family under one roof again. He no longer had to move around; he went to work in an office one bus ride away and could make it home just in time for dinner. My mother on the other hand, worked 6 months more until our savings were just right. Then she didn’t have to work part-time anymore, and became the housewife that she is today (^_^). I thanked God so much… to finally be with them together. God heard all my prayers and all my cries; He fixed everything. But… as you know… one thing remained: I became a rather quiet child (^_^) Hahaha. I got so used to suppressing my feelings that it became natural. When I look back at my lonely days, I wished I had a brother. It didn’t matter if he were younger or older than me; I just wanted one. I preferred a brother rather than a sister because I’m already a girl; it would be a lot more interesting to have a brother (^_^) So I ended up liking that sort of guy; one that could resemble the ideal younger or older brother I had imagined.

 

K: “…”

 

Kai hugs Ji Yeon

 

J: “Oh (surprised)”

 

K: “I’m sorry that you had to retell your story. It must be hard remembering those days… (lets go) You know Noona, if you needed a brother—Chan Yeol hyung’s there, and so are we. We can all be your brothers.”

 

J: “Hahaha (^_^) (pinches Kai’s cheek) Is it just me, or are you being too cute today?”

 

K: “(blush) (rubs the cheek Jiyeon pinched)”

 

J: “Thanks for the offer Kai, I’ll definitely see all of you guys as my brothers, not just Chan yeol (^_^) it may take some time to open up to others, but since it worked out with you, I’m sure it won’t be long before I open up to them too. Anyway, let’s finish our ice cream (^_^).”

 

K: “Yeah…”

 

 

 

Kai, still bright red from JiYeon’s pinch, felt something different at that time… as though something appeared that wasn’t there before… well whatever it was, he refuses to ever think that he might have fallen for Ji Yeon… because Chan Yeol was first… not only that, but… he never wants to repeat what happened with his parents…

 

 

 

Kai and Ji Yeon finish eating ice cream

 

 

 

K: “Shall we go home now Noona? (^_^) Along the way, I still have to hold up my end of the bargain: it’s my turn to tell you my story.”

 

J: “Oh yeah (^_^) I totally forgot about that. Just being able to express my past to you was really refreshing Kai.”

 

K: “(blush) Noona, please don’t say such misleading things.”

 

J: “Huh?”

 

K: “ (looks away) Never mind, let’s go.”

 

 

 

In the Exotic’s birthday party

 

The EXO members had finished singing to the celebrant, Chan Yeol did some freestyle rap for her and did some aegyo, and they are now finishing their slices of ice cream cake. Everyone was having a great time… except Chan Yeol. He was enjoying at first and he was so glad to make a person smile, but after that… eating ice cream cake without JiYeon… just felt incomplete… it just felt like something was missing…

 

C: “Hey Suho hyung.”

 

S: “What is it Chan Yeol?”

 

C: “I really enjoyed and the cake is delicious, but I think I have to leave now.”

 

S: “Why? What’s wrong? The picture taking hasn’t started yet and you only ate half your cake.”

 

C: “I… really miss Ji Yeon already. I want to go see her.”

 

S: “Oh… hmm… ok then (^_^) But you can’t just leave. I’ll let the other guys know; for now go over to the birthday girl and apologize that you have to leave early. After that, be sure to take a picture of you two so she has a remembrance. Ok? You can be well on your way after that.”

 

C: “Thanks hyung (^_^) I owe you guys again.”

 

S: “Hey, we’re pretty much family aren’t we? (^_^)”

 

C: “Yeah, we are (smiles).”

 

 

 

And so Chan Yeol stood up and went to the celebrant, apologizing for having to leave early. They took a picture together and he greeted everyone good bye. As soon as he stepped out of the ice cream shop’s door, he ran full speed ahead—heading to Ji Yeon’s house.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yey! ~ (^_^) I finished sooner than I thought I would (actually, there were times when I just couldn't study no matter how hard I tried, so I ended up writing a bit of the chapter, hehehe ^_^) My last exam for school will be tomorrow, then I'll be able to rest easy! >_< Hope everyone's having a great day! And if like me, you've got to study (-_-), just hang in there!