Page 13 (A Change of Pace)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 13

But… inside Kai knew something was wrong with him… he wished it hadn’t appeared out of nowhere, but it did… and now, he had to make sure he got rid of it before it became anything serious…

 

He had to get rid of his crush on Ji Yeon

 

Following Day

 

Dismissal

 

Ji Yeon had a big smile plastered all over her face. It was so full of happiness and so unusual that the EXO members thought something was going on.

 

Su: (whispers) What’s up with her Chan Yeol? Did you finally confess yesterday?

 

C: (whispers) What!? (blush) Of course not! I’m not mentally prepared for that yet.

 

D: (whispers) I wonder why she’s so happy, considering that we had a science test this morning.

 

Se: (nods)

 

Ji Yeon approached them

 

J: “Heehee (^_^) Guess what you guys~~~”

 

B: “Ok (chuckles), what?”

 

J: “Yesterday Kai helped me and Chan Yeol review for today’s science test, and it totally paid off!For the first time, I didn’t leave a single blank on my test paper! I knew all the answers! (>_<) Woohh! Miracles do happen!”

 

C: “That’s great! To think that science is one of the subjects you’re weak in; hearing you say that is just wonderful! I actually did well too; I remembered everything Kai taught us (^_^)”

 

Su: “I’m so proud of you guys! (^_^)”

 

D: “Yeah; and of Kai too (^_^)! It’s great that he taught you guys well enough.”

 

B: “Praise the Lord (^_^)! Wooh!”

 

Se: (shakes hands with both Chan Yeol and Ji Yeon) “Chukhamnida (congratulations)”

 

The mood was so happy and festive. Chan Yeol felt so proud of Ji Yeon he wanted to give her a congratulatory hug. But as he was about to, Ji Yeon ran pass him…

 

and hugged Kai who just got out of school.

 

Of course, Kai was in complete shock. Well, so was everyone else. Chan Yeol was so shocked that even though he opened his mouth to talk, no words were coming out.

 

K: “NOONA, WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT!? (0_0) (blush)”

 

J: “(In total bliss) Kim Jong In! Thank you so much! (lets go of Kai) Because of you I knew the answers to the science test today!”

 

K: “(exhales and returns to normal) Oh, so that’s what this was about (thank goodness). (blushes) You scared me to bits a second there, ehehe (>_<) Good to hear Noona (^_^) I’m so proud of you (pats Ji Yeon’s head). By the way, it’s all thanks to you that omma’s really happy too (^_^) She’s already planning when you guys will have dinner at our place. I haven’t seen her all excited like this for quite some time. Thanks so much for telling me to stay last night; or else I probably would have missed the opportunity for a very warm family dinner with you guys. Thanks so much.”

 

J: “No problem; you’re welcome anytime (^_^) I guess every time there’s a science test I’ll be counting on you; ok?”

 

K: “Um… well… (blush)”

 

Kai knew this wasn’t a good idea. How could he get rid of his feelings for Ji Yeon if he would be spending time tutoring her? This was obviously a situation to say “no”; he needed to limit his interactions with her while it was still early.  But as Kai looked at Ji Yeon’s face to give his reply, she was all happy and enthusiastic. Her whole face was brightened by the smile she was wearing… how could he disappoint her when she’s this hyped up about his tutoring sessions?

 

Kai looked up and bit his lower lip, in desperate need of strength to reject this one golden opportunity to get closer to Ji Yeon. He couldn’t take this chance—absolutely not; not when he knows how much Chan Yeol likes Ji Yeon.

 

Now obviously, Ji Yeon was expecting Kai to say “yes” right away, not knowing of his small crush on her. But as he took a long time and still hasn’t made up his mind, Ji Yeon realized something; perhaps she may be asking for too much. She was too shrouded in bliss that she didn’t think about what it would cost Kai to tutor her.

 

J: “Oh dear, Kai I’m so sorry.”

 

K: “(stopped lip-biting and looked at Ji Yeon) Huh?”

 

J: “Was I asking for too much? I completely forgot that you’re not always free! After all, you’re part of the dance troop and then you also have to take care of your mom.”

 

When Suho, and D.O. heard this, they were a bit surprised—Ji Yeon knew? About Kai’s story? Sehun and Baekhyun on the other hand were not as surprised; they had a hunch Kai was going to tell Ji Yeon when he said he’d walk her home. Chan yeol too wasn’t shocked; considering that Kai and his mom ate dinner at Ji Yeon’s place, chan yeol assumed Kai must’ve told Ji Yeon about his story.

 

K: “No Noona; it’s not a burden at all (blush)… but… (sighs in frustration) the timing is so wrong. (bows with his hands clasped together) I’m sorry; but I don’t think you can come to me for tutoring sessions for a while… (blush) but don’t worry, I’ll definitely let you know when you can. I promise.”

 

J: “(smiles) thanks Kai (^_^) It’s alright; I can’t always depend on you. I have to learn to study by myself; thanks to you I’ve got motivation. I’ll do my best; I’m so happy God let you tutor me (^_^)”

 

Ji Yeon proceeded to pinching Kai’s cheeks. For some reason, looks like she grew fond of doing that. Meanwhile Kai was blushing like a tomato just looking at the ground with his hands in his jacket pockets; trying to hold in his smile.

 

Ji Yeon and Kai were so comfortable with each other; so at ease. When did this happen? How did this happen? Suho and D.O. were completely at lost about what’s going on with those 2. They looked around and saw that Chan Yeol had a worried look, while Baekhyun and Sehun were clearly debating about which of “Chanyeon” and “Kaiyeon” was a better looking couple. And so, the 2 people who didn’t know anything demanded an explanation.

 

Su: “Guys, now that D.O. and I thought about it, weren’t we at a party while Ji Yeon went home and Kai had an errand? How exactly was he able to teach Chan yeol and Ji yeon, when the 3 of them were at different places?”

 

D.O.: “Also, what’s this about Kai and Ji Yeon and dinner? And since when did Ji Yeon know about Kai’s story?”

 

This obviously entailed a long discussion, which they just couldn’t finish while standing outside the school. And so they decided to talk things over while eating ramyeon (ramen) at the nearby convenience store. Everything was mentioned; even Baekhyun and Sehun knowing about Kai’s reason for skipping the party, and Ji Yeon’s story was also retold.

 

Few minutes later

 

Su: “Ok; I think I get it now. So they actually saw each other at Ji Yeon’s house? Wow; what a twist (^_^) Not to mention that Baekhyunie and Sehunnie were part of Kai’s plan.”

 

D: “I’m so relieved (^_^) It’s good to hear that Kai’s mom had time to bond with other people. And I really didn’t expect your story Ji Yeon; I’m glad things worked out for you (^_^).”

 

J: “Thanks D.O. Oppa; I seriously had no idea about Kai’s story either. But I’m glad he told me; he also told me you’re his other half (^_^)”

 

B: “Hahaha (>_<) So he told you that too huh? That Jong In here and Kyung Soo complete each other, Hahaha! We used to tease them about that you know? Kai and Kyunggie seemed like a married couple; they liked holding hands and pushed each other on the swing quite often. Sehun was like their kid, Hahaha (>_<) So cute. Eventually, all of us started joining.”

 

Se: “… yeah, (chuckles) Kyunggie hyung’s like a mommy (>_<) (hugs D.O.) He’s all chubby and meek. I like patting hyung’s stomach sometimes, like there’s a baby inside (>_<) But really I just do that because it’s soft, hahaha. I used to lie down on it when we were kids. Then later Kai hyung brought us juice boxes—he specifically chose orange juice because it was “full of vitamins” (>_<) Swear, we were like family. Suho hyung was grandpa and Baek hyung and Yeolie hyung were my older brothers. I think we played this family game thingy all the way until 3rd grade. By then our interests have changed; we started playing outdoors more.”

 

Su: “Bottom line is Kyunggie had mommy instincts to complement Jong Innie’s daddy instincts (^_^) He’s the type of guy who always carries around a first-aid kit. It’s too bad he and Kai are in different sections this year. The girls would be swooning all over their couple-like relationship (>_<)”

 

K: “Ya (hey); Kyunggie’s first-aid kit comes in handy. It really does. And you don’t have to be a girl just to carry it around, seriously (-_-) but yes; he’s like a mommy (^_^) Of course he can be pretty manly when he wants to, but hyung is so docile he hardly acts tough. That’s what some of the girls like about him (^_^) He’s so freaking nice.”

 

D: “Ya (hey) (blushes) will you guys stop it already? You’re embarrassing me in front of Ji Yeon; I’m all man even though I’m like this you know? I just don’t think I need to be all tough and stuff; what makes a man is his heart after all (^_^)”

 

Actually, Sehun was still hugging D.O. at the time, and D.O. in turn was Sehun’s hair. So even though he said he was “all man,” it just didn’t help that much (>_<).

 

Everyone was having fun talking about how they used to play “family”. This was Ji Yeon’s first time getting to know D.O. She thought that he sounded really nice; rarely was a guy so meek and behaved. She also noticed a new side of Sehun; the silent maknae (youngest) was actually completing sentences! He was starting conversations even! To top it off, he really looked so cute clinging on to D.O. like that; well, they were in middle school. It was such a long time since they last played “family.”

 

While everyone was conversing happily, there was one person at the corner of the table just slurping his ramyeon… and never said a word since they got to the convenience store… Chan yeol was obviously not used to the sudden change of pace. Even though it was great how everyone was getting along, he couldn’t help but worry… was it going to be like this from now on? The alone time he had with Ji yeon decreased again. If the EXO members started hanging out with her more… and got close to her more… would he lose his position of being her “closest friend ever”? After all, she was all over Kai’s cheeks a while ago! Everything was happening too fast. To think that they got so close after just one afternoon and dinner; meanwhile, it took him so long before Ji Yeon actually started really conversing with him back in elementary… it took 2 weeks maybe? And for the most part, she openly said how annoying and talkative he was (-_-) Although obviously their relationship improved greatly as time flew by, Ji Yeon just felt so distant now… he didn’t want anyone else to start understanding her, because that was supposed to be his job… he was the only one, aside from family, that could tell what Ji yeon was feeling…

 

But not anymore… Kai and Ji Yeon were starting to get close… it won’t be long now, the other members will too… Chan Yeol knew he was supposed to be happy about this… but his jealousy was stirring up again. He hated himself for being like this… if he truly loved Ji Yeon, then he should be happy that she’s making new friends; not to mention they’re his friends too… “But gosh… it’s going to take time to get used to this,” Chan Yeol thought to himself as he drank the soup of the ramyeon, finishing his meal.

 

J: “Chan Yeol?”

 

Chan Yeol turned to look at Ji yeon and realized that everyone was looking at him.

 

J: “You haven’t said a single word since we came here. That’s a bit abnormal for someone like you (^_^)”

 

Su: “Yeah; what’s on your mind? (^_^)”

 

C: “Um… well… a lot of things actually (chuckles). Umm… listen guys (stands up), I think I’ll head home early for today (^_^) I need some time to think about some things… to get used to sudden changes, hehehe (^_^)”

 

J: “Oh… (frowns) … Oh! Then I’ll go home too.”

 

C: “ (?) What’s wrong Ji Yeonnie?”

 

J: “I got a sudden text from my mom just now (^_^) So I have to go home early as well.”

 

“Ok~ Take care you guys!”

 

B: “And Ji Yeon; I’ll be dropping by your place later (^_^) Kai told me you might want some help on tomorrow’s math test, so later he’ll bring me over after we finish all this ramyeon and end our conversations.”

 

J: “Oh yeah (>_<); thanks so much Baekhyun Oppa!”

 

Se: “… you’re in luck Noona; if Kai hyung’s the best at Science, Baek hyung is the best at Math. Too bad Suho hyung isn’t in the same section with us; then you might as well ask him about everything; him being the brainiest of our bunch.”

 

Su: “Hahaha (>_<) (pats Sehun) Truth be told, even though I’m at par with Kai’s science skills, Baek’s Math skills are slightly higher than mine. So I think he would be the best choice.”

 

D: “You and Chan Yeol hyung have a safe trip now (^_^)”

 

J: “We will, bye! (^_^)”

 

C: “(waves at them)”

 

Ji Yeon and Chan Yeol walk home

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

Yo everyone! ^_^ I was so suprised to see that the number of subscribers has reached 50! (>_<) Thanks so much for appreciating the story! It makes me so happy~ Thanks also for those who upvoted; such love warms my heart~

I have some news for you guys: unfortunately this will be the last update for a while :( I have another story I need to attend to :) plus all the work I'll be having from school this week, seems like my schedule is packed. Sorry to leave you guys hanging! >_<

Oh yeah, for EXO members shippers, in case it wasn't obvious there's a bit of Kaisoo in there. hahaha, I couldn't help myself >_< I really like that pairing; they're so cute together. But don't be mistaken; Kai's not going to end up with D.O. hahaha (>_<) as you can see, this chapter marked the start of a bit of Kaiyeon fluff (^_^) Pretty soon... Baekyeon fluff will appear as well! (^0^) Poor Chanyeolie; hang in there boy!

Again, I'm sorry to leave things this way (TT_TT) I'll update when I'm free~ Bye guys~ (^_^)