An "Almost" Date

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

Because iammia960107 was able to guess correctly who the mysterious person on the previous chapter was,

she has availed of her prize which is a side story request (^_^).

She wanted some BaekYeon fluff, so here you go! I hope it’s to your liking iammia960107 (^_^)!

(Warning: got longer than planned. >_<) I can't wait to write again after my exams, so I made this in advance ^_^

The next chapter of the story is soon to come! See you guys soon!

“Come here~”

“No way, get lost hyung!”

“But Sehun, hyungie needs your help!”

“No! I don’t want to!”

“I said come here you little brat!”

“NOOOOPPPEE~ Noona!Noona! Save me!”

“…? What’s going on Sehunnie?”

“It’s Baekhyung (-_-)”

 

The situation: Baekhyun has been chasing Sehun around for 5 minutes already, insisting Sehun should accompany him to grocery shop in the mall. It looked a bit silly to see a tiny Baekhyun chasing a tall Sehun—if you didn’t know them, you’d laugh out laugh if you ever found out Baekhyun was older.They possibly looked like Tom and Jerry in reverse.

Today was a lazy Saturday morning. They were called to school for a special announcement on some future programs, and to have free medical check-ups. As soon as they were dismissed, that’s when this whole thing happened. Turns out Baekhyun was asked by his mother to do some grocery shopping. He didn’t mind at all and had done it about 3 times already… but there’s this one problem—in those past times, all the girls kept looking at him. Of course, there’s no doubting that he’s good-looking (who in EXO isn’t?) which caught much attention from every little girl, Noona, Omma and female mall staff in there. A guy doing groceries? That’s a chick magnet—itshows a very soft and caring side of a guy. But unlike Kyung Soo who was very much used it since he does the groceries often (he even greets them back), Baekhyun wasn’t and often blushed hearing soft chuckles or the shutter of a phone camera from nearby teenage girls. He blushed a lot too when Ommas would come say “a little boy doing grocery shopping? Aigu, you’re so cute! Your omma must be so proud.” Then cue the pinching of his oh so pinch-able cheeks. Not to mention when he feels the female mall staff of the grocery department have their eyes glued to his back.

School girls—yup he can handle them. Any amount of Exotics is no problem with him. But every girl in the grocery department varying from teenage to mid-40s was a bit too much. It made him embarrassed about doing the groceries alone; he still needed some time to get used to it. And so for now, he wanted to drag Sehun alongto have someone to share the embarrassment with (^_^). Obviously Sehun was another delectable eye candy—tall and slim physique, beautiful jaw line, stoic expression and silence. Indeed, these were the traits that made Oh Sehun known as “silent but deadly.” If you thought he was hot as he usually is, just don’t get him to unleash aegyo. Please. Just don’t. You won’t be able to sleep at night.

But little Sehunnie (or tall Sehunnie?) refused to come along, whining to JiYeonfor any help.

 

“Noona~~ I don’t wanna go with hyung to shop for groceries! (-_-) Suhohyung said we’ll go out for sushi today if I’m free, because I showed some aegyo to aNoona from the student council weeks back. ”

“Oh? How come I’ve never heard of this Sehunnie?”

“(-_-) Becausehyung, you were tutoring JiYeonNoona at that time. It happened when Suhohyung and I were walking home. We saw her along the way and turns out she was an Exotic. I was her bias so Suhohyung wanted me to show my aegyo… but you know I’m kind of shy about it to people I’m not close to… (-_-) even if he calls it fan service, it was still quite embarrassing… so he bribed me with sushi, and I showed some aegyo which sent the girl squealing (^_^).”

“Hahaha (^_^) I bet she didn’t see that coming! Especially since you look so expressionless most of the timeSehun.”

“Exactly Noona (^_^) Exactly. Well, I was promised sushi as a reward, but because Suhohyung’s been busy our trip kept being pushed and pushed day after day (-_-) And today he’s finally free to treat me! So Baekhyung (-_-) NO.SORRY, BUT I AM NOT GOING TO DO GROCERIES WITH YOU. PERIOD.IF YOU WANT TO TAKE SOMEONE, TAKE NOONA.”

“Me?”

“JiYeonie? Well, I guess it’ll be alright but I don’t want to bother her. What about the other guys?”

“Kai hyung’s got dance practice; Chan Yeolhyung scheduled to play hide and seek with some elementary kids; and  D.O. hyung was asked to water the school garden again (-_-), and you know he’ll take long because he’ll serenade each one of the flowers.”

“Oh… I see.”

 

There was no one else to ask.

Baekhyun looks at Jiyeon with his innocent smile.

 

“So how about it JiYeonnie? Wanna go grocery shopping with me?”

 

JiYeon kept her poker face on, but she was heating up and could feel her cheeks burning. Baekhyun was asking her to grocery shop with him… married couples do that (o_o)… whoahwhoahwhoahwhoah (cue mental fangirling)… a lot of girls would give anything to go grocery shopping with theByunBaekhyun of EXO… if JiYeon was lucky, someone might even mistake them for a couple.

So as stoic as she possibly could, she said…

 

“Ok, I’ll help out.”

 

“Thanks Yeonnie (^_^) it’s a big help!”

 

Baekhyun pats JiYeon on the head.

 

“Sehunnie!”

 

Suhohyung arrived.

 

“You ready for our sushi? (^_^)”

“Yes yesyesyes! AGFKGHTSYRBWIRZXYI!! (>_<)”

“Alright then Baekhyun, JiYeon; we’ll be going ahead (^_^) Bye!”

 

Baekhyun and JiYeon wave as the 2 guys walked away.

 

“Oh wait.”

 

Sehun looks back at Baekhyun and JiYeon.

He smiled a playful grin.

 

“I just wanted to remind you guys to stay away from cookies (^_^). Bye~”

 

Sehun continued walking away, satisfied, as he left the boy and girl both pink and wide-eyed at his statement.

 

“That’s revenge for you, Baekhyunhyung! Noona should really thank me for this (^_^)”  he says to himself.

 

There was awkward silence for a moment.Baekhyun remembered that JiYeon seems to like him. JiYeon remembered that embarrassing tutor session. So yeah… A-W-K-W-A-R-D…

 

After a few minutes, Baekhyundecided to speak up.

 

“Yeah, hahaha.Sehunnie’s right. I have to be careful about cookies (^_^) Don’t you agree Yeonnie?”

“Oh please (-_-) don’t even remind me. I certainly would not want to shop with you acting like a 5 year old—I’d feel like a mother.”

“Hahaha (^_^) I guess that’s about right. But for now, instead of a mother…”

 

“I wonder if anyone would mistake us for a couple…”

 

“What do you think Yeonnie? (^_^) Does it seem possible?”

 

“(-_-) (blush) O-Of course not. You look so immature—sooo not my type (even though you really are).”

 

“Well (-_-) excuse me for being a baby-face; that in fact is what I’m known for. And if I remember clearly…”

 

“You were busy pinching my cheeks and calling me cute, and even almost kissed me at that time.”

 

And there he came!—the devious and playful side of Baekhyun.

He mockingly looked at JiYeon, smirking and even winked at her.

 

JiYeon glared at him, her cheeks furiously red.

She just looked so annoyed and embarrassed, it brought Baekhyun joy to no end (^_^)

 

“Ahahaha! (>_<) GawshYeonnie, you’re too much fun. This will definitely help distract me as we go shopping! So let’s go! (^o^)”

 

Baekhyun grabs JiYeon’s wrist and drags her along as they head to the bus for the mall.

 

While sitting in the bus.

 

Obviously whenever playful Baekhyun comes out, one thing is sure: an upset JiYeon due to all the embarrassing teasing.

 

“Ya (hey); Yeonnie ah! You’re still upset? C’mon, I was just teasing you~”

“Hmph. I shouldn’t have agreed to shop with you.”

“Oh really? (smirks) I’m pretty sure this might as well be your first date with the man of your dreams (^_^) Hahaha!”

 

JiYeon (blushing) punches Baekhyun’s arm

“Ya! You’re so conceited! Who ever said that I liked you? Really… gosh, what a narcissist. So Vain~”

 

“Hey (-_-)”

 

“And this isn’t even counted as a date—I’m only helping you distract yourself from embarrassing stares.”

 

“Hahaha. I know.”

 

You’re doing quite a good job.”

 

After that, Baekhyun was smiling at her with the usual cute smile.

JiYeon’s face was a mixture of shock, happiness and I-don’t-know-how-to-react-to-that.

Finally, she manages to blurt out,

 

 

“Whatever.You’re weird Oppa.”

 

“Of course (^_^). Always have been, always will be (>_<). Well, just to let you know I’m not going to stop teasing you for a while (^_^). I’ll need to distract myself as much as I can. I’ll make it up to you by playing the princess game later, araso (ok)?”

 

“(-_-) Just please go easy on the teasing. If you don’t, I might walk out on you.”

 

“ No, don’t do that~ But sorry, I can’t agree with you on this one Yeonnie(^_^).Get ready for some teasing to the maximum level, mwahahaha !(>_<) I’ll pretend to be your boyfriend on this ‘almost’ date. I won’t call it a real date because, (1) you’re only helping me and (2) Chan Yeol will kill me (^_^) Today is simply an ‘almost’ date with your pretend boyfriend (>_<) Hahaha!”

 

“… (o_o) I am so scared right now. I blame Sehunnie for this! Why did you have to mention the cookie!? Why Sehun!? WHHHYYY???”

 

Later on the bus stopped, dropping off an excited Baekhyun and a terrified JiYeon.

The mall was only a few steps to go.

 

JiYeon tried to silently run away, carefully walking backwards until it was safe to sprint as far as possible.  But it was no use; Baekhyundidn’t give her that chance. He took her left hand and intertwined their fingers, allowing no possible way of escape.

On the short walk to the mall, Baekhyun kept laughing at JiYeon for blushing like a blooming rose on a spring morning—and yes, that comment made things worse.JiYeon was heating up even more after hearing that and was desperately praying to God to end the madness.

 

ByunBaekhyun was holding hands with her in this “almost” date.

 

Though not a real date, her heart was looking for every possible way to leap out of her chest due to the warmth engulfed by Baekhyun’s hand on her’s.

 

Inside the mall, they headed to the grocery department. Baekhyun used his free hand to grab a grocery basket, while JiYeonused her free hand to take out the grocery list Baekhyun handed her while they were on the bus.

 

They started with the vegetables.

Later they got the fruits.

And finally, some meat.

 

They were holding hands the entire time. Baekhyun seizedevery moment to tease JiYeonby saying cheesy lines each time they crossed out something from the list. For example:

 

“Wow, my Yeonnie chose the best carrots in the house! Aren’t you just a little bundle of joy? I’m so glad I have you~”

 

“Amazing, my Yeonnie knows exactly what apple looks reddest! You used your face as an example, didn’t you? You used your blush to properly find the prettiest apple, didn’t you? But it doesn’t matter, your face will always be the reddest thing in the world!! (^_^)”

 

“Just look at this meat my Yeonnie chose! It looks like it will be absolutely juicy once cooked! JiYeonnieSarangheyo~ (I love you~) Sarangsarangsarangsaraaaaaang he Yooooooo~~~Loooooove youuuuu baby!”

 

Baekhyun just kept on laughing and laughing at how embarrassed JiYeon was, because every time Baekhyun said those comments, people stared at them—probably thinking they were a young couple on their first time grocery shopping.JiYeon, on the other hand, was feeling so abashed that she felt like she would disintegrate any moment now. People were staring at them! All because this stupid oppa here practically shouted sugar with every comment—she seriously wanted to hide under a rock, or go around telling people she doesn’t know this guy. Being invisible would’ve been very useful right now.

Finally, the horror came to an end when they reached the counter and had paid for everything. Both of them carrying one grocery bag each using their free hand, they walked out the mall.

As soon as they got outside, JiYeonforcefully pulled her hand back from Baekhyun’s hold.

 

“Hahaha ^_^ What’s wrong Yeonnie? Didn’t you like holding hands with me?”

“(-_-) We are no longer at the mall. You don’t need to embarrass me any further.”

“Aww… you’re sulking (^_^) Aigu, cuteie pie.”

“BaekhyunOppa. Please just stop it already (-_-). I can only take so much.”

“Hahaha (^_^) Alright, alright. I’ll stop now. But JiYeon…”

 

“You can hold my hand if you want. I won’t tease you.”

 

“Nope. I don’t want your hand. In fact right now (-_-), I don’t want anything to do with you.”

 

“Hahaha. Yeonnie, look at my hand~~ It’s so lonely and cold; it wants your warmth back in it. You know that song? By 2NE1? Baby, I’m so lonely lonelylonelylonely lonely~~”

 

JiYeon didn’t react. She just kept walking, facing forward without even glancing at Baekhyun.

JiYeon had her limits of course.

But the problem was Baekhyun wasn’t even teasing anymore; he was just trying to be nice.

Oh well, JiYeon must just be tired.

 

He grabbed her hand. 

“Since you won’t hold my hand, I’ll hold yours instead.”

 

Jiyeon tried to release her hand, but Baekhyun’s grip was tight.

When they rode the bus again, Jiyeon just decided to give up and sighed to herself.

 

“Man… oppa’s quite troublesome… how can I like this kind of person? Something must be wrong with me (-_-)” she thought.

 

She was on the window seat, so she rested her head on the window. She was so tired after blushing hard and being self-conscious the whole time at the mall. She just wanted to close her eyes and calm down for a moment.

 

“Princess?”

 

Baekhyun was smiling softly at JiYeon. Jiyeon was just looking at him—her eyes drooping from drowsiness.

 

“What now? Didn’t I say no more teasing oppa?”

 

“Here.”

 

Baekhyun finally let go of JiYeon’s hand.

He used his hand to lay Jiyeon’s head on his shoulder.

JiYeon blushed and immediately tried to lift her head, but to no avail as Baekhyun’s hand stilled her position.

 

“Yah—why do you keep doing this? I said enough already.”

 

“Who said I was teasing?”

 

“Why else would you do that?”

 

“I don’t know—maybe because you look tired and my shoulder is much better than a window? Yeonnie, I’m just trying to be nice to you. Even when we were out the mall, holding your hand wasn’t to tease you—I was just trying to be nice.”

 

“(-_-) Well sorry—sometimes I just don’t know whether to believe you or not because the fact is, Normal Baekhyun and Playful Baekhyun are soooo far apart. You were teasing me to no end in the mall!! How was I supposed to know when you’ve really stopped?”

 

Baekhyun exhaled

 

“I know, I know—it’s my fault and I’m sorry. But gosh Yeonnie, I was having the time of my life! (>_<) Best grocery day ever, I swear! I wasn’t conscious at all! And it’s all thanks to you.”

 

“Yes (-_-) yes; you had fun at my expense. Please don’t bring me along anymore next time.”

 

“Hahaha (^_^) Alright Princess. Next time, I’ll make sure to ask someone else to come with me. But you know? This was like our 2nd bonding moment after our 1st tutoring session. It was fun (^_^)”

 

“And I’m hoping next time I bring you to the mall, it won’t be an ‘almost’ date, but a real one.”

 

JiYeon’s eyes widened after that statement, and looked up from Baekhyun’s shoulder where her head was still resting.

 

“Y-… you mean that oppa?”

 

Baekhyun covered his mouth

 

 

 

trying to stop the laughter just wanting to explode.

 

 

“What… pfft…d-you… think...pffft…(>_<) Yeonnie pie?Hahahahah!! ”

 

“Oppa!! You said you’re not teasing anymore!”

 

“I wasn’t, I wasn’t Princess! (>_<) But then later, I felt like teasing you again (>o<) I just can’t help myself when I’m around you girl! I just want to see you blush like fresh strawberries—it makes me so happy! My dear dear lovely JiYeon!”

 

“I hate you so much Oppa.”

 

“Yes, yes. I love you too dear (^_^)”

 

“Shut up!!”

 

And so a cranky JiYeon and a cheerful Baekhyun continued to ride the bus on their way home.

 

Baekhyun to no end; Jiyeon sulked and hit him.

 

But all throughout the ride, JiYeon’s head was still on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

-The end-