Page 20 (Story Untold pt. 1)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

Page 20

There was a knock on the door—Suho enters. He suddenly sees a dejected Chan Yeol; sadness all over his quivering face. Suho immediately hugs Chan Yeol; patting his back gently and whispering…

Everything’s going to be fine…

 

Chan Yeol’s sobs become calmer, but his trembling doesn’t cease.

How long has it been? Since he last saw his brother?

All of those small memories flash back in a minute…

Small and short memories… but still holding the biggest impact in his life…

Those brief moments held the reason he loved his hyung so much…

 

Chan yeol sniffs, regaining some composure from the warmth of Suho’s hug.

 

“Yeolie, mind telling me what’s wrong?”

 

“U-um… hyung, are the others still coming?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Then… I would like to tell you guys all together? Could you wait until then, hyung?”

 

“Of course I can.”

 

Suho urges Chan Yeol to eat his potato chips some more to feel better, while Suho gets him a glass of water from the kitchen. Chan Yeol’s sobs slowly disappear, replaced with silent reflection about his brother’s call. Hopefully things are going well with him, wherever he is. Maybe the day is coming when they’ll finally see each other. At that positive thought, Chan Yeol smiled—he thanked God so much for giving him the ability to think of something nice at such a sad moment. Well, his name did mean Vehement Brightness; no wonder he’s such an endless ball of sunshine, constantly being called the Happy Virus. Chan Yeol chuckles a bit after realizing how accurate people were with his nickname.

Suho returns to the living room with a glass of water in his hands. Seeing Chan Yeol look better already, he grinned.

 

I knew this kid was nothing to worry about.

 

Later on, the other members of EXO came.

Sehun was mocking Baekhyun because he was “short in stature; like someone took all his height and hid it away somewhere he couldn’t find it.” This earned him a hit on the arm from the older, and Sehun just laughed at his hyung—thinking that he was hit on the arm probably because Baekhyun couldn’t reach his head.

Meanwhile, Kai was back hugging an annoyed D.O. because Kai accidentally spilled on him a perfume that smelled like muffins while they were at the mall buying groceries. As a result, D.O. was attracting attention from everyone and everything; from people they passed by on their way here, to the flies and, stray dogs and cats.

 

C-  “Whoah… something smells sweet… like, like…”

Su-  “pastries? Gingerbread men?”

K-  “No… (chuckles, and hugs his poor hyung tighter)… it’s muffins—cinnamon muffins.”

Se-  “Muffins? Someone brought muffins?? Yeyeyeyeyeyey~”

B-  “Wait a minute…(sniff, sniff)”

 

Baekhyun makes his way to D.O., still being hugged by Kai.

 

B-  “Kyung Soo? I thought you were planning to make Kimchi spaghetti; you bought muffins too? Wow, that was a great idea!”

 

Kai tries his hardest to stifle the laughter just wanting to burst out of his mouth.

D.O.’s furrowed brows just got even more furrowed (if that was possible), as he flailed his arms and wriggled—trying to get out of Kai’s hold on him. He practically moves like a worm for a full 5 minutes, the others trying to control their laughter at how childish he was. Eventually, he started panting and gave up—obviously Kai had strong arms from the start, but he had to try didn’t he? D.O. was the hyung after all, not the other way around.

He was still irritated at the younger, and refused to look at anyone but the ground (which was not exactly a person). The others sensed that something was wrong.

 

B-  “Jong In? Did you do something to him?”

Se-  “Which is actually a weird question to ask, considering he’s your other half and everything.”

C-  “Yeah—explain what you did to my Omma! (mother) Appa (father), defend your wife!”

Su-  “ahem… (deepens voice) Jong In, son, what did you do to Kyung Soo Omma?”

 

Kai sheepishly looks at his shoes…

 

“I may or may not have accidentally spilled muffin perfume on Kyungie hyung while we were at the mall… I swear; I was just looking at the samples! But then someone bumped into me, and the bottle spilled over hyung.”

 

Everyone was in shock… then all exploded to laughter.

 

B-  “Yah! So are you saying he didn’t buy muffins, but was actually the muffin? Oh wow Jong In, way to upset our cook!”

Se-  “Hahaha, no kimchi spaghetti for you! You bad bad boy!”

K-  “But I apologized! All the way from the mall ever since it happened! Hyung won’t forgive me.”

Su-  “Then son, I’m sorry but I’m disowning you—you’ve upset my wife. (holds his laughter) You turned her into a muffin! This is the worst kind of disrespect I’ve ever heard of!”

K-  “What?? What??”

Se-  “That’s right hyung—I don’t want to be brothers with you. I like my omma as a human—I’m disowning you too (^_^)”

K-  “H-Hold on…”

B-  “Jong In, just let go of Kyung Soo and kindly step out of the house. You’re no longer…ppff… welcome in this household… (chuckles to himself.)”

K-  “NOOOOOO!! I AM NOT LETTING GO!”

 

Chan Yeol was smiling goofily right now; his friends were really amazing.

God surrounded him with people who eased up his load and brightened his day.

These people were so silly—he fit right into this family perfectly.

He decided to join in the fun.

He pulled Kai’s arms away from Kyung Soo, releasing him from the hug.

The guys were shocked, except for Kyung Soo who still refused to look or talk to anyone.

Then he hugged Kyung Soo.

 

C-  “Yah, Jong In just get out of my house already. You’re still making fun of Kyung-kyung? Get out. Get out. Get out. I’m serious.”

 

Ooooohh~ Jong Innie’s being kicked out~

 

K-   “Huh? Ch-Chamkamman (wait). Hyung…”

 

He tries to approach Kyung Soo, but Chan Yeol steps back—Kyung soo still in his arms, face buried in his chest.

 

C-  “I mean it Jong In. Look at what you did to my Soo baby.”

 

He felt Kyung Soo hit his chest—he knew that Kyung Soo didn’t really like that nickname, it’s sooo not manly. But Chan Yeol doesn’t care and likes teasing him (he teases Baekhyun occasionally too). Chan Yeol only calls him that when they’re alone. Nobody knew about that nickname until today.

 

And Kai was sometimes very possessive when it came to Kyung Soo—Kyung Soo was his other half, not anyone else’s; considering the fact that Kyung Soo was the first friend he had.

 

S-Soo baby?”

 

The other guys were now comfortably sitting on the couch, enjoying the show in front of them while munching on Chan yeol’s potato chips without permission.

 

“Yeah, that’s right. It’s my nickname for Kyung Soo; not yours (sticks his tongue out) Now get out Kai.”

 

“No.”

 

At the firmness of Kai’s voice, everyone got goosebumps, even KyungSoo.

 

“I love my Kyungie hyung. And it may take him a while to forgive me, but I have confidence that he will! Like when we were playing in the sandbox this one time in kinder, where I got sand in his eyes. He didn’t talk to me for a whole week—it was hell, but I never gave up on apologizing to him, and the moment he forgave me—it was heaven!”

 

(B-  “Oh my gosh, this is getting so interesting…”)

(Se-  “I know; I feel like I should be getting this on video to sell to the fans.”)

(Su-  “Sehun, please; respect your hyungs’ privacy.”)

(Se-  “ Appa mianhe (sorry). (chuckles)”)

 

“So Chan Yeol hyung, I will NOT step out unless I’m stepping out with my Kyungie! And don’t even call him Soo Baby! It’s soooo does not sound cool—Kyungie’s a manly man! Not a baby!”

“O—k? (-_-) And that’s coming from someone who calls him Kyungie, Dodo, and when you two are alone—kyungie-bear?

“Yah! He’s my other half! I claimed him first! Kyungie hyung, I said I was sorry! How many more times, hours, days do I need to say it!? And anyway, I like muffins! Also, if you don’t let go now Chan Yeol hyung, I’m telling Ji Yeon Noona you’re bullying me.”

“Hey, now wait a second Jong In. That’s not fair!”

“Life’s not fair!”

 

(B-  “Hahaha! This is so entertaining (>_<)”)

(Se-  “Ooooh, another woman is stepping into the scene.”)

(Su-  “What a twist!”)

 

Suddenly, Kyung Soo pulled away from Chan Yeol’s arms.

 

“Yah! You guys are making me feel so gay right now! (-_-) Jong In, this is your entire fault! And Chan Yeol hyung, you’re not supposed to call me that in front of others! In fact, you’re not even supposed to call me that at all—I just allowed it because I couldn’t stop you (-_-)”

 

Jong In quickly takes this chance to hug Kyung Soo again.

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry!”

“(-_-) I got it, I got it—sheesh! But I’m not done with you yet; you need to be punished for making me a walking cinnamon muffin.”

 

“Guys, I won’t cook for you today.”

 

B-  “(0_0) WHAT!? NOOOOOO!!”

Se- “B-but, Kyungie Omma! Sehun was excited about your Kimchi Spaghetti!”

Su- “Yeah Soo; that’s a real shame.”

C-  “(-_-) Now look what you did Kai—no more kimchi spaghetti.”

 

“Oh, but there will be—what I meant was I’m not cooking. Jong In has to cook it for us.”

 

“WHAT (0_0)!?”

 

K-  “Now, Kyungie hyung wait a minute… I’ve never really…”

B-  “I think I lost my appetite.”

C-  “You know what guys? I’m actually full right now.”

 

“You want forgiveness? Cook Jong In. That’s all you need to do.”

 

Kai gulped. He wanted so much to fix things up with Kyung Soo (and rub it in Chan Yeol’s face), but he couldn’t really cook as much as he could dance. After a minute or two, remembering all the times he watched D.O. make Kimchi Spaghetti, he agreed to cooking—somehow thinking he could at least remember a few of the steps.

 Then all the other guys were groaning—saying something about getting pills ready, writing their last will and testament, and even checking on their insurance.

 They settle for watching t.v. first and talking about some school work, while Kai was in the kitchen preparing the meal.

Later on, Kimchi Spaghetti was served.

D.O. was the first to try it, since all the other members were too scared. Sure it looked normal, but still you never know.

 

K-  “H-how is it hyung?”

 

“…”

 

 “… it’s edible. I guess that must be a big achievement for you. Araso (ok); I forgive you.”

 

Wow! The Kim Kai actually made edible food for the first time! I’ve got to try this!

Nice job Jong In, nice nice.

You must’ve used all your brain cells for this.

 

And so, EXO happily ate their meal together, with Kai sticking his tongue out at Chan Yeol who just rolled his eyes.

Such a happy family they were… Chan yeol couldn’t wait until Ji Yeon would also come and join them.

As the others were talking, Suho glanced at Chan Yeol. Chan Yeol caught his eye and suddenly remembered he still hasn’t told them about his brother’s phone call.

Now would be a good time to do so.

 

---------

Hey there everyone! ^_^ I'm back! Sorry for the super late update, how have you guys been? ^_^ I actually finished this chapter yesterday but didn't get the chance to post it.

Has school ended for you guys as well? Don't hesitate to message me once in a while, just for fun or anything :D we're all friends here after all!

 

Oh yeah, then I noticed that this story has reached 60 subscribers...

 

I'm so happy, so so so happy!!

Thanks so much to those who waited until my exams ended! And sorry if this chapter isn't long, I'll make sure to update soon!

Thank you for the commenters who activey displayed their feelings about each chapter, and for the silent subbies out there who has kept up with me this far (^_^)

 

Thanks so much! It means a lot! God bless all of you guys! (>_<)

 

Also, I spilled some of my D.O. feels in this chapter--sorry about that Chan Yeol! ^_^ But don't worry, you're the main character so your air time shall start being consistent! haha, I got inspired by these pics  as I was writing this (>_<)

 Chan Yeol and Kyung Soo (>_<)

 Kai and Kyung Soo (>_<)

Oh my feels!