Page 19 (Waiting)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

Page 19

Chan Yeol and Ji Yeon ate together, enjoying each other’s company—reminiscing about the days they were still in elementary. It was indeed a day to remember.

Ever since celebrating with Ji Yeon that day, Chan Yeol became twice as bouncy, twice as talkative, and twice as smiley than usual. Ji Yeon was beginning to regret celebrating with him because he always looks so high now; looks like he had sugar rush every day. But then again, this sun-shiney side of Chan Yeol grew on her; it strangely wasn’t as annoying as it used to be… it even makes her smile now. Ji Yeon concluded she was losing her resolve and slowly turning into the nut that was Chan Yeol; she did not want to be as bonkers as this guy.

Apart from his even more hyperness than before mode, there was at least one thing that Ji yeon was happy about: Chan Yeol became more tame about her spending time with other guys. When he heard that Baekhyun was her math tutor, he simply smiled and thanked Baekhyun; urging him to teach well. All the EXO members were shocked at his mature and calm way of handling the news—they were expecting some complaining and bawling, even just a little bit. But Chan yeol did none of that—for once he was starting to be composed about this. Well, after all, he was too high up in fluffy clouds; all because he now had a special day with Ji Yeon every year, reserved only for the 2 of them.

He thanked God over and over and over… and over some more. Everything felt so right... he was starting to gain confidence about confessing to Ji Yeon. Who knows? Maybe by middle school graduation in 2 years, he’ll be fully prepared.

2 weeks have passed. Chan yeol was in his house busy reading up on some history material while eating Lay’s potato chips—laughing at the thought of his Chinese friend Lay, also known as Zhang Yi Xing. Suddenly his phone vibrated and his ringtone played: someone was calling. He took a look at his phone.

 

Calling…

K

 

Chan Yeol’s eyes grew wide when his sight fell on the name on the screen.

He let the phone ring some more as he blankly stared at it; face growing pale and fingers trembling.

After a while, he snapped out of it and answered his phone.

 

 

“Yeoboseyo? (hello)”

 

 

“Chan Yeol, it’s me… do you still remember me? My voice?”

 

 

 

“Of course I do… How are you?”

 

Chan Yeol’s fingers don’t stop shaking as his eyes slowly start to water.

 

 

“I’m fine (chuckles); no need to worry about me. I’m sorry that I haven’t called for so long…”

 

“Sorry?... Sorry?... Hyung…”

 

 

I waited for your call everyday… You have no idea how alone I was… How much I missed you…

 

 

The caller could sense Chan Yeol’s sobs; tears were now racing down his cheeks.

 

 

“shhh, shhhh… calm down Yeolie… I’m really really sorry; it must have been hard on you… (chuckles) it wasn’t so easy for me too… But I got to call you at last! Hahaha. So don’t cry; this is the first time we’ve talked for so long, and you end up crying? Not cool dude, hahaha.”

 

 

Chan Yeol sniffles a little, and controls his sobs

 

 

“Hyung… when can I see you again?”

 

“I still don’t know… but everything has its own time. Let’s just be patient... ”

 

 

Wow… When was the last time I saw you?... I hope you’ve grown up well…

I prayed for you every day, and even until now, that God will keep you safe... are you having a good life?

 

 

“Yes, I am! I’m really tall right now, seriously! My best subject is PE. I have friends and we’re called EXO—we’re like some kind of idol group in school; probably this generation’s flower boys (^_^) And then hyung… I met the perfect girl!”

 

 

“Hahaha! I’m so happy you’ve been smiling! You know how I love your smile, don’t you? And another thing, I was asking you if are having a good life—I didn’t tell you to give me a bio data, hahaha (^_^)”

 

 

“Hahaha…”

 

Hyung… bogoshipo (I miss you)… come see me soon…

 

 

“Of course Yeolie… When time permits, I will come running to you and hold you in my arms… but right now, it’s not that easy. There are things I still have to take care of, and I don’t want you getting involved and being harmed… you know that, don’t you? How much I love you Yeolie?”

 

 

 

“Of course I do…”

 

 

 

“That’s great…”

 

Yeolie, have to go now…

 

 

 

“Wait! Already?? When will you call me again?”

 

 

“… I don’t know… all I do know is that I’ll call you when I get the chance…"

"Take care of yourself Yeolie, stay strong. God is with me, and he’s with you too. I know I’m not there right now, even though I want to be… but I’ll make up for all the time we lost once everything is over.”

 

“Bye Yeolie, I love you.”

 

“Bye Hyung…”

 

The call ends. Chanyeol’s tears now overflowing, he places his face into the palms of his hands; trying to suppress his soft whimpers. There was a knock on the door—Suho enters. He suddenly sees a dejected Chan Yeol; sadness all over his quivering face. Suho immediately hugs Chan Yeol; patting his back gently and whispering…

Everything’s going to be fine…

 

 

--------

Yey! (^_^) I haven't updated for a while! I missed you guys (>_<) I bet you're all curious who Chan yeol was on the phone with, aren't ya? How about a  prize for anyone who can guess? You guys get 1 try each. The first person to get it correct gets to request a special side story (oneshot) just for her! (^_^) Just give me the genre, the characters-- you name it! And i shall make it for you~ Hoping to please you of course (^_^) So please don't expect too highly of me, hahaha (>_<)

 

And guys, SAD NEWS OVER HERE (cries). My parents are being all strict on me: just becase I got a lot of grades ranging from 89-91 (in my college, that's 1.75), they told me it was average. They said no listening to music, no tv, and NO WRITING STORIES ONLINE (0_0). Gawsh... when I look at my grade, it's not that low is it?... In fact, i used to think getting a 91 was quite high... but I guess, it's because I was pretty lax: they know I'm more capable of this--they want me to get 95 (in my college, that's 1.00)... Well, I supposed it's because I'm the eldest among the kids--I'll be the first one to graduate and get a job. so I guess they want me to get a really good job; so I need to study hard and make the most of my remaining years in college. In fairness, this is for my own good too. So guys, I guess this is goodbye for a while (cries) (o_o). I'll be back to writing on March once school is over, but I'll be online every now and then for anyone up for a chat ^_^

Bye~ Sorry for the hanging ending :p