Page 15 (Note Taking part 1)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 15

“Silly Chan Yeol.”

 

JiYeon pinched Chan Yeol’s nose

 

“Your position is not for sale.”

 

 

 

Chan Yeol waves goodbye to JiYeon and heads home

 

JiYeon enters her house and informs her mother Baekhyun will be coming over

 

 

 

“Wow Yeonnie, another guy? Is he as good-looking as Kai?”

 

“Hahaha (^_^) Don’tyou seem excited.”

 

“Well, if you’re going to bring home handsome men every time you need help studying, then of course I’d get excited. Just don’t tell your father.”

 

JiYeon and her mother laugh

 

“So, ByunBaekhyun, right? He’ll teach you math?”

 

“Ne (yes)~ But unlike Kai, Baekhyun’s older than me.”

 

“Ohhh~~ Older men~”

 

“Wahahaha! (>_<) Omma! Cut it out!”

 

“So, which do you like?”

 

“Hmm?What do you mean omma?”

 

“Well, all along I thought that you would someday end up with Chan Yeol. He’s not bad, you know? If you look closely, he’s just like a model—tall, slim and pretty cute. But of course (^_^) looks aside, he’s known you for a long time now, and you know he’s the type of guy who likes to please you and take care of you.He’s a good guy—he loves God, and… he reminds me so much of your talkative father, hahaha (^_^) I thought you might follow in my footsteps, but then you introduced Kai yesterday. I realized that it was actually possible for you to have liked someone else. Too bad though, I’m a Chan-yeon shipper, hahaha (^_^)”

 

“Umm, honestly speaking omma, I don’t think I have a crush yet. Even if you say I have handsome friends, I guess I’m just not swayed by that kind of thing. I think I’ll leave this one to God (-_-) Apparently, I’ve already met my ideal type and yet I don’t have feelings for him either. I think I’ll have to get to know him first.”

 

“I see… well that’s quite alright (^_^) You’re still young anyway; don’t rush it. It’ll come in time. And anyway, sometimes liking someone just makes things complicated, hahaha (^_^) Advice from a married woman: don’t look for love, let it find you. Once it does, you’ll see exactly who you’re looking for. Constant prayer helps too (^_^)”

 

 

 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

 

 

“That must be BaekhyunOppa. I’ll go open the door.”

 

 

 

The door opens

 

 

 

“Hey Oppa! (^_^) Where’s Kai? I thought he was supposed to bring you over.”

 

“Yeah; he already left (^_^) Something about him forgetting a notebook in the classroom.”

 

“Oh, I see. Anyway, please come in.”

 

Baekhyun enters JiYeon’s place. And again, her mother was pleased. This guy had a different image compared to Kai; he’s somewhat cute like Chan Yeol,but didn’t look as hyper.This one seemed to act a bit mature, but still had an aura of innocence about him. Yup; another hot catch (^_^)

 

“(bows) Hello Mrs. Park. Please pardon the intrusion.”

 

“Not at all. Thank you for helping JiYeon study for her test.”

 

“The pleasure’s all mine.”

 

“Alright then. Why don’t you two go to the living room and study, while I make juice and prepare some snacks?”

 

“That sounds really nice Mrs. Park; thank you so much.”

 

“Oh please; it’s the least I can do (^_^). And call me ‘auntie’ instead; I don’t like feeling old (>_<) Well, I’ll be in the kitchen if you need anything; just holler, ok?”

 

“Yup~”

 

 

 

Living Room

 

“Alrighty then JiYeonie (^_^) Open your text book to page 29.”

 

And so, Baekhyun’s lecture began. He explained the meaning of all the terms and solved each formula. He then prepared a test paper for JiYeon to answer. It seemed like he was quite a professional at tutoring (^_^); as expected from theByunBaekhyun. Kai also explained well, but to think that Baekhyun could even prepare his own test papers! Prettyimpressive. As JiYeon answered her test paper, a thought suddenly came into mind—now was actually the perfect time to observe her supposedly ideal type. Since she never really spent that much time with Baekhyun, this was her chance to get to know him.

 

JiYeon’s mother came in at that time and placed a tray on the small table in the room. It had a pitcher of juice, 2 cups, a bag of chips and a plate of cookies. After telling the two to take a break, she proceeded to folding some clothes in another room.

 

“It’s time for some rest, JiYeonie (^_^)”

 

“Oh, it’s ok. I’ll eat while answering the test.”

 

“Are you sure? There’s no rush, you know? You might as well let your hands take a break.”

 

“No, really; I’m not tired (^_^) and I’m pretty determined to solve every number right now. I don’t want to lose momentum, so please go ahead and eat Oppa.”

 

“Oh, I see. Alright, I’ll wait for you to finish. Then we’ll eat together.”

 

“But Oppa, it’s really not a big deal; you should go ahead and eat.”

 

“We had some ramyeon before coming here anyway (^_^); so don’t worry about me JiYeon. Just keep answering your test.”

 

“ButOppa that was over an hour ago already, and—”

 

“No buts; I won’t eat without you. So if you don’t want me to starve, pick up the pace (^_^)”

 

 

 

JiYeon pouts at Baekhyun who in turn was giving her a wide grin; this was certainly a battle she could not win. She was just trying to be courteous by letting Baekhyun eat first, but he’s being so stubborn. And she didn’t want to take a break either because she has been able to successfully answer 3 numbers; she wanted to keep going. But at this rate, it’ll take a while for her to finish. So, she had to surrender.

 

“Alright; alright! (-_-) Let’s eatOppa.”

 

“Hahaha (>_<) (pats JiYeon) chill girl; I was just messing with you. Of course you can eat while answering. I’ll start eating too.”

 

“Huh?? But you said you would only eat when I finish answering!”

 

“Yeah; I wanted to see what you would do if I said that (^_^)”

 

“So, it was all a joke?”

 

“Yup, pretty much (^_^)”

 

JiYeon was extremely pissed off; she never knew that underneath that aura of innocence and gentle smiles was some guy who teases people. She glared at Baekhyun and went back to answering her test, while Baekhyun was chuckling and opening the bag of chips. Hearing the foil rustle as he took out a handful, and the crunching noises as he ate one chip after the other—this really made JiYeon’s blood boil.

 

She found out that Kai had a cute side although he’s more of the handsome type of guy; she also found out that D.O. sort of acts like a mother. Both of these discoveries brought a smile on her face.

 

But

 

discovering that Baekhyun had this unexpectedly playful side to him was not funny at all. If anything, it was absolutely horrid (-_-) She had better take note of that, and be careful next time. So much for ideal type; JiYeon did not like being teased up like that. She was totally agitated.

 

 

 

The crunching of potato chips stopped.

 

 

 

“Ok, my bad JiYeon; I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

JiYeon turned to look, brows still furrowed, at Baekhyun who was now apologizing? Even though he completely messed with her for no reason just a few minutes ago? Unacceptable!

 

“So you want me to forgive you Oppa?”

 

“Would you please?”

 

“No; are you even seriously sorry?”

 

“Yes I am; I just couldn’t pass off a chance to prank you is all (^_^) Sorry; I really wanted to see your reaction.”

 

“Were you satisfied when you saw it?”

 

“Yes, I was.”

 

“Well then, good for you; because right now I don’t think I can forgive you yet. I hope that little prank of yours is enough to satisfy you.”

 

And with that statement, JiYeon knew victory was hers as she felt a frowning Baekhyun’s gaze. If Baekhyun didn’t , she probably would have felt sorry for the guy. But no; he was at fault, so he deserved to suffer for a bit.

 

Jiyeon, completely happy with her triumph, smirked to herself as she went back to answering her test paper.

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun kneeled right in front of her and bowed with his face to the ground.

 

“I’m so sorry, my princess. I, your knight, was just being playfully ridiculous. I meant no harm. But I hurt you with my shameless joke. So I wholeheartedly apologize to you, my lady. You can have me locked up in the dungeon.”

 

“And where would that be?”

 

“I don’t know; you’re closet?”

 

“Actually, (-_-) what nonsense are you even spouting out right now?”

 

“I’m really sorry dear princess! Forgive me!”

 

“No; no. Your insolence was far too great. Not even someone like me could save you from your untimely death sentence.”

 

“What!? (0_0) You’re going to kill me? I thought you would just lock me up in the dungeon. Spare me Princess! I’ll do anything for you!”

 

“Anything, you say?”

 

--------------------------------

Wooohh!!~~ The start of some Baekyeon ^_^ yeah~ Today was a good day for me; I thought I failed my math test, but God made a mirace happen: I totally hit the passing mark! Yeah yeah yeah~~ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

BTW, today I noticed some of my friends were a little TOO close; it feels like relationships will start soon. I kind of feel sad :( hahaha. Valentines is coming soon! And yup, I'm a single lady ^_^ For all those who have bfs, good for you! For all those like me, that's what having friends are for :) I'll be eating together with my pals on that day ^_^

I'm considering making a special chapter just for Valentines :) Please choose among the 3 couples if interested. ^_^ That'll be all~ bye!