Page 6 (First Time)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 6

Suddenly… she actually wanted to have Chan yeol come and talk to her… instead of talking to a bunch of other girls…

As the days passed by with EXO’s fame rising, Ji Yeon noticed that conversations with Chan Yeol became different. Before, Chan Yeol would talk about anything like a TV program he watched or a song he just listened to. Sometimes he even talks about the class or the weather. But recently, all he ever talked about was the Exotics (EXO’s fans). How the Exotics made a fan page about them online, wanted to schedule interviews with them and told them about plans to organize a fan meeting at the end of the year. There wasn’t anything bad about it, but Ji Yeon felt uncomfortable; she didn’t like Chan Yeol talking about the Exotics so much. But since Chan Yeol seemed happy about the recognition, she decided to keep quiet about it.

Upon realizing this, it surprised her; this was the first time she didn’t tell Chan Yeol about her uneasiness. Usually if she was pissed off, annoyed or bored about anything or anyone, she would tell Chan yeol exactly what she wanted to say. This time, even though she clearly did not like him talking about his female fans, she could not bring herself to tell him. She tried numerous times, but in seeing his smile she just ends up saying “never mind.” In fact, she didn’t even know why she felt uncomfortable about it! This was the first time she felt this way.

Chan Yeol didn’t know that he was making Ji Yeon uncomfortable. He kept talking about the Exotics because he found it very unbelievable that girls actually liked him. What was there to like? After all, Ji Yeon was the only girl he was close to and she never expressed any affection in the way the Exotics did. What was even more surprising was among the fans, there were some who were very pretty. So he was wondering why so many other girls like him, even pretty girls, but Ji yeon never saw him that way. The whole thought of having fan girls was quite unrealistic, that every time he thought about the Exotics he would just be in awe; wondering how this all happened.

 

Today again, Chan yeol and Ji yeon walk to school…

“Ji Yeon, do you want to go eat ice cream with me and the guys later?”

“Why? What’s up?”

“Well, yesterday an Exotic’s friends asked if we could come to her family’s ice cream shop for some free ice cream today. You see, it’s her birthday today so they want us to come over and surprise her later. The guys and I decided that we might do a silly dance for her or something, while singing happy birthday to her. We were allowed to invite other people, so would you like to come?”

“… I’ll pass…”

“That’s strange… you like ice cream a lot Ji yeon. Plus, it’s free (-_-) Why would you refuse?”

“I just… don’t feel like it today. You go and have fun.”

“Don’t feel like it??”

Chan Yeol became concerned with Ji Yeon’s reply… it was so… indirect. It seemed like she was holding back from telling him what she really wanted to say. This was so… unlike her.

“Did you perhaps get into a fight with that girl?”

“Huh? (-_-) What nonsense is that?”

“Hmm… if it’s not that, are you sick? Is that why you can’t eat ice cream?”

“What are you talking about Chan Yeol?”

“Ji Yeon, I’m worried about you. It’s the first time I felt that you aren’t really telling me what’s on your mind… your reply was so vague. Usually, you’d just tell me straight up whatever it was.”

Chan Yeol sits down in front of Ji Yeon

“Ji yeon, what’s the matter?”

“Chan Yeol, get up; don’t sit on the ground. Your clothes will get dirty.”

“I don’t care; just tell me what’s on your mind like you usually do. You know if it’s me, I’ll understand anything, so why are you suddenly keeping your emotions bottled up? Just say it already.”

“Chan Yeol, if you don’t stand up I’m going to school ahead of you.”

“Why aren’t you answering me?”

“Chan Yeol, do I have to tell you everything?”

“Huh?”

“Is it so wrong if there’s something I don’t want to tell you?”

“Well… no… It’s not wrong; It’s ok if there are certain things you don’t want to tell me…”

Chan Yeol stands up

“…but… we’ve always freely talked to each other about anything, so it felt weird that for the first time, there was something you didn’t want to tell me.”

Chan Yeol hugs Ji Yeon

“I’m sorry Ji Yeon; I was being selfish. I won’t ask so much next time… so please don’t hate me.”

Ji yeon hugs Chan Yeol too

“Chan Yeol… I’m sorry too. I also don’t know why I can’t tell you, but when I figure it out I’ll say so. And if I don’t figure it out, then I hope you don’t mind if there will be some things I can’t share with you.”

“It’s fine… (smile) I was just asking you to some ice cream anyway. There will be plenty of other times to ask you. But for now, I guess that you not coming with us will remain a mystery. Shall we continue going to school?”

“Yeah… and… I don’t think I can hate you Chan Yeol. You’re really annoying and talkative, and you smile too much… but I don’t think that I’ve ever been so open with anyone else the way I’ve been with you… with exception to my family and God, of course.”

“In a way, I guess I appreciate you a lot.”

“Man… (blush) you’re so sly Ji Yeonie… I won’t ever hate you.”

“Shut up; you keep saying embarrassing things these days.”

“Thank goodness, she told me to shut up (^_^), she’s back to normal. And, hello? This is how I’ve always talked to you. Why are you getting embarrassed now?”

“How should I know? (blush) That’s another thing I haven’t figured out yet. Just be quiet already! (-_-)”

“Whoah! (blush) I just realized something… didn’t we sound like a couple a while ago? Worrying about not telling each other everything and then hugging each other on the streets, apologizing to each other (^_^). Let’s do this again some time, hahaha.”

“You (-_-)! (hits Chan Yeol) Stop that already!”

“Hahaha! Shall we hold hands Ji yeonie?”

“No! (blush) Go jump in a lake!”

“Hahaha! (^_^) Only if you jump in with me!”

 

 

And just like that, things became normal between the two again…

Or did it?