Excuse Me Oppa

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

"Hey Ali... Look at this!" Carol chirped from behind me during our first period of school. I looked behind and saw her flashing me a flat wrapped package. "I bought an original SHINee album!"

I frowned. Not because I wanted one, but since when did she want a Kpop album? "Jealous much?" She taunted me, making me laugh. "Me? Jealous? Nahh of course not! Why would I want an album of the only most amazing group that I love in the whole world? Right?" Carol laughed back, catching on my sarcasm. 

"Yeah. You wouldn't want one. I know. I just.." She pulled another album from inside her bag and handed me the wrapped up one and finished her sentence. "..thought that you might just like to OWN one."

I laughed again, in shock this time. "Carol, you serious? I've been dying to get this!"

"I know. I'm surprised you didn't try to kill me when I showed you mine."

I took the package from her excitedly, starring at the words written on it. 'For Ali..' 

"It's cause you made me like SHINee." She said, smiling at me. "When I got home from the concert, I was stuck to my laptop searching about them! Oh my god, Minho is SO hot!"

Is this it? Have I finally accomplished my all-time mission to bring Carol into the world of K-Pop? My eyes gleamed with happiness at the album in my hands, then towards Carol. My life is perfect. Well, almost perfect. My smile suddenly disappeared.

"Carol." I said softly. "There's something I need to tell you.." She looked at me, her smile slowly fading when she saw the seriousness on my face. I felt bad keeping a huge secret away from my best friend. I had to tell her, about Jonghyun.

"You see.." 

"Good morning class! Have you done the work I gave you last week?" My teacher beamed out of nowhere. Great, just in time. Carol gave me a look, I didn't understand what kind of look she wanted it to be, but she just looked and then turned behind to get her books. I turned infront towards my desk and let out a sigh. How am I going to tell her?

In the middle of our lessons, suddenly I heard a whisper from behind. I glanced back and saw a piece of paper being held out. Taking it from Carol's hand I opened it and read. 'Is it really that important?' She wrote. I grabbed my pencil and wrote back. 'Nothing life-or-death ish.. So it's fine.'

"Remember to do page 52 and 53, class. I want to see it done tomorrow!" Our teacher announced before walking out of class. School was over early that day and as usual I was walking home from school, but this time alone. I'd usually walk with a junior who lived nearby, but she was finishing late.

On the way home, I pulled out my cellphone to check the time. Strangely, I received a message. Who in the world would send me a message now?

'I heard that theme parks around here are better that the ones in Korea. Would you like to show me around? :3'

My heart definitely skipped a beat. It was from an unknown number. Who else would it be? A wide smile grew on my lips, especially at the little face he put at the end of the text. He's so adorable. 

'What time?' I replied the text. My stomach was raging with butterflies. And dragonflies, fireflies, moths.. Anything that flies! Except birds.. Cause it would be disgusting to have birds in your tummy.

It wasn't even a minute when he replied. 'I'll pick you up at 3.'

Three. Three! Three! My favourite number of the day. If you had been watching me, you'd think I was crazy, skipping home with a stupid grin on my face while humming a tune out loud. I was just happy.

 

JONGHYUN'S POV

"I said I'd pick her up at three." I told Kibum proudly. I wrote an English sentence on my own. But he looked at me as if I was stupid. "That's very generous of you hyung. Do you know where she lives?"

Oh damn. "Why do you have to be so smart around me?" I muttered while gritting my teeth.

"Because you have to be so dumb around me.." He mumbled with a small grin before realising that I was glaring a him. Just then I received another text.

'Where are you picking me at?

I turned to Kibum, showing him the text. "You're lucky." He simply stated. "Tell her you'll pick her up at the cafe you guys went to the other day." I looked back down to my phone to reply. How do I say that in English? I will picking you at- Nahh, that doesn't sound right. You go to the cafe we first time eat- That sounds to long. Uhh.. We eat the cafe yesterday yesterday you come- Am I even saying it right? Hm, guess there's only one way to tell her.

'Asian Avenue Cafe.'

I looked at the clock and realised that it was almost two. Better get ready. 

 

A/N: Hehe, this chapter probably seems a little boring, in my opinion that is.. Well, don't worry my dear readers! It only gets better. ^^ kekeke. Btw, don't you think it's just sooooo adorable if Jonghyun really tries to make up a sentence in English that goes all wrong? Haha. I wish my story could come true. :D

Comment and subscribe please. <3