Communication Error

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

I put on my favourite pink dress and lucky bracelet and sat down infront of my dressing table. Damn, I gotta look my best. Not too much make-up, but I need to stand out....

Ugh! I'm panicking! 

I simply put on some light shaded lipgloss and eyeliner, and that's it. It was time to go.

I still couldn't believe that I was going out for dinner with a famous idol. What's more, my bias! Suddenly it sounded too cliché. But who cares.

I walked down the busy streets of New York heading towards the café I used to hang out in with Carol. Asian Avenue Café. What a coincidence. I glanced at my watch, it was 7.35pm. It's okay to be a little late right?

Reaching the entrance, I peeked inside to find my dream guy. I couldn't be too sure that he'll be there. I mean, it might just be a prank. What if someone was trying to kidnap me? That's why I brought my pepper spray and kept aware, making sure I was always with a crowd.

Then I saw him. He was sitting inside with a casual shirt and black jeans. Wow. I was surprised that he was there. I was half expecting it to be a prank. I walked in, trying to be as confident as possible, but the moment he looked at me I just HAD to trip on my heels and stumble forward, hitting one the waiters in front of me who spilled the food on his tray.

"Oh my god! Sorry, sorry. So sorry." I apologized, embarrassed as hell and made my way to Jonghyun's table. I looked at him with a smile as he got up to pull out my chair and gestured me to sit. Oh, what a gentleman. 

"Hi." I greeted with a shy look. 

"Hi." He replied. It became awkward from there. We both didn't know what to say. I could have said something, but... My bias doesn't speak English. I looked down at the menu and he did the same. "So, uh. What would you like to eat?" I started. He looked at me with a puzzled look, but I guess he seemed to understand what I said.

"Eat?" He said. "You like spaghetti?" 

My tummy started squirming and turning and doing cartwheels when he spoke. Gaahhh! His voice is beautiful. I nodded in reply before he called the waiter and made the order for us.

"Two spaghetti bolognese please, and two sky juice." He ordered without hesitation. It was obvious that he was reading the orders from the menu, but I liked his confidence.

Once our orders were taken, he looked at me and smiled sheepishly, but said nothing. I smiled back and didn't know what to say either. This is going to get really awkward. 

Suddenly he spoke in korean to me. I guess he was asking me a question, but I couldn't understand. Damn it. I made a clueless face to make him understand that I didn't understand what he was saying. He must have understood my expression and started thinking.

"Uh." He stammered. "Age?" I chuckled. He sounded so cute. "Eighteen." I replied while sticking out my eight fingers. He nodded. 

"Um, thank you." He said, making me tilt my head. "For what?"

"For.. Uh, you find bujeog. Very..uh, precious." He said, what sounded like him stringing up directly translated words. It was still cute though and I couldn't help myself from giggling a little. "Bujeog?" I asked him. He pulled out something from his pocket and showed it to me. His amulet.

"Bujeog." He said. I grinned. "Oh. Your welcome."

Our food arrived and we started eating. Thank god we could eat. One, because I was hungry. Two, because it makes things less awkward. But things were still awkward.

We looked at each other rather awkwardly. He looked so lost, and I'm sure he could see that I felt the same. 

"Uh, how's the food?" I tried to ask.

He smiled. I knew he didn't understand. So I smiled back. 

I swear we both just looked, and felt, SO stupid.