Technical Problem

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

A/N: Hello again, my faithful readers! :D Just wanted to let you guys know, in this this chapter (and the others after this), in Jonghyun's POV, dialogues or words spoken in English will look like this! Cause Jonghyun speaks Korean, and since I'm writing his Korean thoughts in English, I need to differentiate his English thoughts. Hope this doesn't make you guys confused. Well, happy reading! <3

P.S: Short chapter btw. ^^

"Did he say anything?" Carol asked me on the other side of the line eagerly. I was on the phone with her the next day because she had to leave early from the concert hall when some of her relatives came over to her house. We didn't have time for me to get on with the details of my conversation with SHINee the day before, so she called up.

"Yeah he did! He thanked me, like, a million times! It was just so sad that he didn't say anything in English, but OH MY GOD, he was fudging hott!" I almost screamed through the phone, making her laugh.

"So, that's all? What about the hot one? The one with the big eyes? What's his name again? Taemin?"

"No.. You liked Minho!" I sneered, a little disappointed that she got their names mixed up. "Oh riiight! Minho. Did he say anything?" She asked again.

"Nope. He was pretty quiet. Just a few words here and there to the other guys, not me. Though I did notice some 2min in there, since he and Taemin were sitting together." I joked cheekily with a small grin on my face.

"Huh? What's too mean?" She asked, making me roll my eyes. I keep forgetting that she doesn't know anything about shipping. I huffed at her. "Never mind. It's a long story."

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I looked at the screen. An unknown number was calling. "Carol, I'll call you back. Someone's calling me now." 

"Who?"

"I don't know. Unknown number. Kay, I'll call you back. Bye!" I said before ending her call and answering the unknown number's call.

"Hello?"

There was some fuzzing sounds like as if the phone was being moved around on the other side of the line.

"Uh, hello?" I said again. This time the fuzzing stopped and I heard someone clearing their throat.

"Hello." The male voice answered. A guy? Wait, I know that voice. 

"Who is this?" I asked, a little nervous. But he didn't say anything through the phone. Instead I heard some whispers and giggles, before he cleared his throat again. "Is this Alicia?" He asked. 

Damn, the more I hear that voice, the more I feel convinced that I know it. "Yes." I replied. "Who are you?"

"I am Jonghyun."

I died. 

 

Jonghyun's POV

"I am Jonghyun." I replied confidently. She didn't say anything. I looked at Key, who was beside me, with a raised eyebrow. "She's not saying anything." I mouthed to him. "Did I say it right?" 

He nodded his head with a frown, before mouthing back to me. "Say something else."

"Hello?" I called casually, since that's the most confident word I am with in English. "Uh, yeah I'm here. Who's is this again?" She replied shakily. I turned to Key. "Tell her your name again." He mouthed to me.

"I am Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun." I told her. She must have been pretty surprised that an idol like me is calling. Then Key suddenly handed me a piece of paper that had some English sentences on it, and told me to read one of the sentences to her. I squinted my eyes and blindly read what was written.

"Can..we be..more than..fri-" 

"No! Not that one!" Key suddenly shrieked and covered my mouth, before covering his own mouth in shock when he realised that Alicia could hear him. I glared at him. "The other sentence, hyung." he mouthed while pointing to the sentence he wrote below.

"Hello?" Alicia spoke on the other line. I hesistated, suddenly feeling nervous. English was the most confusing language, and I'm actually trying to have an English conversation with some American girl.

"What are you doing? Say something." Key whispered in panic. Then after a growl, he grabbed the phone in my hands and began talking to her in English fluently. I just stood there staring at him with my mouth hanging open until he clicked the end button, looked at me and smiled.

"I told her that you'll be waiting for her at the Asian Avenue Café tomorrow evening at 7.30." Key beamed at me with his excited face. "That's what you wanted right?" I looked at him, still blurr and confused before regaining my senses and nodding at him.