The SHINee World

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

"Wow, these people are crazy." Carol muttered beside me as we found our spot a few rows from the stage. We could hear the millions of fans screaming and shouting even before the concert had begun. 

Thats when suddenly, the laser lights came on. Music rumbled through the air. I was pretty sure that the concert was starting. "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! THEYREGONNASTARTOMGICANTTHINKRIGHTNOW!" I started shouting at Carol, who was laughing at my reaction.

One by one, the SHINee members stepped out from behing the stage, each of them with a signature dance move. The whole crowd started screaming even louder, when I thought they couldn't get any louder. I screamed too, upon laying my eyes on, the one and only, Jonghyun.

"OMG HE'S SO HOT!!" I screamed frantically at Carol, shaking her arm abusively. She slapped my arm away, laughing again before looking at the performance. 

"How're you doing New York?" Key spoke through the mic, making everybody scream out. They must have been saying, 'fine', or 'okay', or 'great' I guess. Though all I heard was 'asdfghjklkhhjgfdsa'.

Keys English was adorable. He kept asking cute questions and saying cute things and doing cute moves. He was just so cute. Then he passed the mic to Onew, who speaks good English as well. I was surprised at the way he spoke, it sounded quite professional. He was funny and joked around. Sometimes making little grammar mistakes, but it was cute.

Then they passed the mic to Minho. He's voice was just so y! I think he had the iest English among the members. His grammar was so wrong in every way, and yet so cute and y. We just enjoyed every moment of his cute engRish. When the mic was passed to Taemin, he was slightly blushing before he spoke. Awww!! He said a few words, tried to communicate with the crowd, and also kept looking at Key to ask 'How do I say..'. It was so funny.

At last, Jonghyun took the mic. I was so excited. It's not often that we get to hear Jonghyun speak English. I mean, I've heard that he's the weakest in his English, but I just wanted to hear it so badly. I watched as he placed the mic close to his lips. "Hello."

The massive crowd went wild. Everybody was just as excited as me, wanting to hear a proper sentence in English from him.

"I am SHINee's Jonghyun. Nice to meet you."

Gaahhhh! Everybody was screaming! Carol glanced at me, smiling at the way I was starring at him, full of anticipation. Of course we wanted to hear more. His lips formed a smirk when he saw the reaction of everyone at his simple English. But instead of saying anything else, he passed the mic back to Key. 

"We are the shining SHINee!" They chorused. I stared at them, my mouth hanging wide. That's all Jonghyun says in English? After that, they start talking in korean, only having Key and Onew be translators for them. 

They started off by singing 'Replay', then 'Love Like Oxygen', and followed by all their other songs from the oldest to latest. Everything was fun. Towards the end of the concert, they started calling out some lucky fans to the stage. You should have seen me. I was frantically waving my hands like as if my house was on fire. Sadly I wasn't chosen.

"Oh Ali, laugh it off. It's not like they remember who was on stage with them." Carol cooed me as we walked out, pushing through the dispersing crowd. Yeah, I was pretty upset that I didn't get chosen to go on stage with them.

"Yeah, you're right." I sadly agreed, sighing heavily. But not all hope was lost. I still have a chance to talk to SHINee in the fan meeting event! I was so excited, and so was Carol. She said the tall one with the big eyes looked hot. She meant Minho! The excitement was so much when I found out that she was slowly getting in to like them.

We waited for at least an hour before the event started. The crowd was still wild and crazy, just like us I guess. Only a little more barbaric. "How long do we have to wait?" Carol started complaining at the back of the line with me. 

After another hour of waiting in line, the girls infront of us got their turn to meet SHINee. We were next! My heart was thumping like mad. All sorts of crazy thoughts clouded my mind. Like, what if I trip? How do I greet? What do I say? What should I do? But, mostly it was filled with, 'Omgomgomgogmgomgomg!!'

At last it was my turn. Minor fangirl mode was playing in my head for a minute. 

I walked into the hall where I saw 3 tables on the left and 2 on the right. The hall wasn't empty though. Many fans were crowding around each table, although they were distance limited by security guards around them. I walked up to one of the tables and nudged one of the girls. I saw Minho sitting down and smiling to each fan while signing posters to be given to them.

I tried reaching out to him, but all the other girls were crazy. They sort of pushed me back and their screams were deafening. God, I need some civilization around here. Deciding that Minho's table was too hard, I moved to the next table. Again, the girls crowded around like insects around a bright light.

"Nah ah." I muttered to myself. "I'm getting this one." 

I rudely pushed all the girls aside, barging through them to reach the front, unsure which member am I going to see. Just as I nudged one girl's shoulder, I stumbled on someone's foot, causing me to fall infront. Instinctively, I banged my hands on the table and my hair flew infront of my face followed by a grunt. "Ugh!"

"Omo! Kwaenchanayo?" A deep and familiar voice asked me. I looked up, probably looking like a freak, and saw the most dreamy and handsome face right infront of mine. Oh... My.... God. It's Jonghyun!

"Ah, uh.. So..sorry. Uh, hi." I quickly brushed my hair with my fingers and smiled shyly at him. He smiled back. God that was so embarrassing. I think I was blushing, so I quickly placed my hands on my cheeks to cover the redness. He chuckled at me. 

I don't know what happened then. My knees probably failed to function and someone pushed me from behind. I fell. Again. I heard a few gasps and a chair move. When I looked up, there were eyes looking at me and Jonghyun got up to look down at me from behind the table. Oh god, save me.

I felt like hiding myself, or suddenly going invisible. This was just too embarrassing. I wandered my eyes around the floor, looking for a clean spot to place my hands and lift myself up. But suddenly I spotted a little amulet, and when I pushed myself up, I picked it up as well. It looked quite interesting. Okay, I'm not a thief or anything. But some amulet was there, I might as well take it rather than leaving it on the floor. 

"Kwaenchanayo? Uh, you're good?" The handsome singer asked me politely, earning little giggles from other girls when he spoke in English. "Ah, yeah. I'm good. Th..thanks." I managed to reply, holding back my own giggles. He flashed me another charming smile and said something in Korean, that I didn't understand. "Josimhada.." I just nodded. 

In my head, all I could think of was, 'He looks so much more hotter in real life. Damn, I love him!'