Deiteu~

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

JONGHYUN'S POV

"Okay, you guys gotta help me here." I yelled from the middle of the dorm, loud enough for all my members to hear. Well, of course they heard. They just pretended that they didn't.

Taemin and Minho were gaming on the couch, Key was on his laptop and Onew hyung was out with his aunt. Forget Onew. I needed the other there's help.

"Guyssssss!" I yelled again, louder this time. Key was the first to respond.

"What hyung?" He groaned while taking off his headphones. I turned to Minho and the maknae. "Yah, listen up!"

With a hard annoyed push on the game control button, Minho paused the game and looked at me, frowning. "What?!" 

Satisfied, I smiled and placed my hands on my hips. "I need your help."

"What kind of help hyung?" Taemin spoke from behind Minho. My smile grew wider. "I'm going to confess to her."

All eyes stared at me in disbelief. "Yah pabo! Are you crazy?" Key scolded. "You can't confess to so done you just met."

"I know her long enough. And besides, I have to before we leave to Korea."

"Hyung, she's an American." Minho said, backing Key up. I nodded. "And your point is?"

"She lives here. You can't be with her."

"Guys, guys. I'll handle all that. Just help me, okay." I said, flapping my hands up and down like an excited child. Taemin nodded as if he was sharing my excitement. 

"You see that." I pointed at him. "There's a good maknae! See why he's my favourite deongsaeng?"

Key and Minho rolled their eyes. Taemin smiled sheepishly before looking at me. "I'll help you hyung." 

"Aww, that's so nice of you." I praised while walking to him and grabbing his arm to pull him closer and I whispered suspiciously. "What's the catch Tae?"

Taemin surprisingly looked at me and shook his head. "Nothing. Really. I just want to help." I eyed him with more suspicion. But then I let him go and smiled. "Thank you."

 

 

 YOUR POV

Our dinner with Mrs. Han and Onew went smoothly. Well, it was smooth to a certain extend. Onew kept slipping hints about me and Jonghyun in his conversations, making me glare bullets at him. 

"So how are you enjoying New York so far?" My mum asked. 

"It's a really nice place. My members even like the people around here. We extended our stay to spend more time with our New York fans." He answered while eyeing me. 

My fingers were crossed the entire time.

After dinner and chatting until 11pm, the visitors left and I let out a huge sigh of relief. But my heart still kept pounding in my chest. Onew could tell his aunt anything anytime. I hoped he wouldn't.

Just before I slept, I checked my phone and saw that I received a text from Jonghyun. 'Goodnight Alicia. Sleep well. See you in dreams. ㅅㅇㅅ'

Smiling at the words on my screen, I typed back. 'Goodnight Jonghyun. Thanks. You too. ^^

I drifted off to sleep and had the sweetest dream I could ever have. 

The next morning I woke up to another text from SHINee's dinosaur. It was kind of strange that he kept texting me so often. 

'Good morning! I can't wait to see you.'

I chuckled as I read the text. He seemed so excited, even from last night. I wondered what his surprise was going to be.

'Me too. X3 what time?' I replied, smiling at the cuteness overload. I still couldn't get over the fact that I was texting SHINee's Kim Jonghyun. The thought just hits me so hard on the head everytime. 

He's text came in again with the time of our rendezvous. I couldn't wait.

 

 

JONGHYUN'S POV

"Hyung, what am I going to do?" Taemin asked me from my side. I glanced at him, but didn't say anything. I was too busy reading my script. Key had helped me write a full monolog for my confession to Alicia in English. So, there I was, trying to memorize it and make it sound as natural as possible until the maknae arrived and caught me off guard.

"Uh, nothing Tae." I mumbled, trying to catch my focus on the script again. 

Taemin let out a sigh. "But I didn't do anything at all."

"It will be a big help if you let me read this in peace." I grumbled.

"But I want to help do something. Minho hyung helped you choose a place for your date, and he even told you what to wear. Kibum hyung helped you with your script and English stuff. I didn't do anything." He whined and looked down, playing with his fingers. I put down my script down and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry. But there's really nothing you can do now."

He pouted quietly, looking really pitiful. Why does maknae have to be so full of aegyo? Now I feel bad for him. I let out another sigh before ruffling his hair playfully. 

"Yah. Don't make that face. You're still my favorite deongsaeng." I said with a calming tone. He smiled thinly at me and nodded. "Thanks hyung."

Just then I got a message. It was from Alicia. 

'Carol wants to come along. Is that okay?'

My eyebrows raised. Did she just say that her friend wanted to come along? I gave myself a face palm and a grunt. "What's wrong hyung?" Taemin questioned when he saw my actions. I shook my head and sighed heavily. If her friend comes along, it might ruin the surprise. But if I say no, then it would seem rude of me. I grabbed my phone and quickly typed a reply.

'She really must come?'

"Hyung. Why do you look so worried?" Taemin asked again curiously. I clicked my tongue anxiously and turned to him. "She wants to bring her friend along."

"You mean Carol?" He beamed a smile. I nodded, too disturbed to notice his sudden happiness. Then my phone vibrated again.

'She really wants to come.' Came the reply. I sighed yet again while thinking about a solution. I had to think of a way to get rid of her friend. As harsh as it may sound, I still didn't want any distruptions when I'm trying to confess. It was all perfectly planned, I couldn't afford to ruin anything.

"That's great." Taemin continued, his happiness level still sustaind. I frowned curiously at him, suddenly noticing his excitement about the bad news. "Great? What's so great about my date being ruined?" I snapped in frustration with a harsh tone. Taemin flinched.

"No.. I didn't mean th- that.." He whimpered while looking down nervously, playing with his fingers. I scared him. "I- I meant it was great that.. Carol was coming.. I mean.. I thought-" He kept stuttering. 

I ran my fingers through my hair and let go my breath. "Sorry Tae. I'm just really stressed out right now." I apologised. "I dont want Carol to come. She might ruin my date with Alicia."

Taemin silenced for a moment as if he was thinking as I waited for his respond. Then he looked at me with a big smile. "Then let me come with you. hyung."

"What? Are you crazy?"

"No." He gleamed. "I could come to accompany Carol. I'll distract her for you."

My face blurred out for a second while thinking his words through. Then I, too, smiled with him. I ruffled his hair and laughed. "You smart kid! That's a fantastic idea."

I quickly picked up my phone again and typed out another message to Alicia.

'Okay!'