More Confessions?

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

I paced back and forth in the dorm with a frown on my forehead. They say the more you frown, the more wrinkles you will get. But I didn't give two hoots about that. I was frustrated. Angry in fact.

"What's wrong with you hyung?" I asked rudely while eyeing our 'clumsy and innocent' leader. He was definitely nothing like what fans see him as on tv. He kept silent, sitting on the massage chair with his head leaned back and his eyes closed. I edged towards him. "Hyung." I raised my tone making him furrow his eyebrows.

"Tch." He clicked his tongue. "Shut up bling bling. I'm resting."

I scoffed at his attitude. "I'm not going to let you rest until you answer me." He opened his eyes and clicked his tongue again at me. Then switching off the machine, he got up, cracking his bones a little, and moved to sit down on the sofa. "What?"

"Why didn't you let me confess to Alicia?"

I shrugged. "Because you can't Jonghyun. Get back to your senses."

"I can date whoever I want." I sneered. He shook his head. "This girl lives here. Her lifestyle is totally different from ours. You might seem to love her now, but soon you'll realize that you two won't be able to get along."

"That's none of your business. I know how to take care of that." I argued. Hyung had no right to tell me who to date. "If we love each other, we will go through our problems together."

"We can't have a broken hearted member in our group again." He fought back with a stern voice. "Getting over Sekyung was already a big headache for us last time."

I fell silent. Speechless all of a sudden. The words hyung said stung a little. Swallowing hard, I my lips to respond. "That was a different story."

"Oh? How different was it?" He asked back sarcastically.

"Sekyung is an actress. All eyes were on both of us when we dated. People could bash her whenever they could. We broke up because her career was plummeting."

"And how different is that from this girl?"

"She has a name, hyung." I growled angrily. I didn't like how he was looking down on her so lowly. He raised an eyebrow in amusement while I continued. "Nobody knows her. Nobody is going to bash her. She doesn't have anything to lose."

Hyung sighed. "Jonghyun, that's not even the main problem."

"Why are you so against me?" I finally shouted. "Why can't I love whoever I want? As long as it doesn't affect our group, there shouldn't be a problem."

"It might just affect our group." He started raising his voice back. I shot him a teasingly confused look. "In what way exactly?"

He suddenly his lips awkwardly. Like as if he was nervous. My question caught up to him and he realized that he didn't have a suitable answer. "Like, our image." He mumbled, covering his hesitation.

"Our image? Hyung, nobody is going to know about me dating her. Nothing will happen to our image." I defended strongly with a little teasing smirk. Hyung swallowed and frowned at me. "You don't understand.." His words trailed off.

"Understand what?" 

"Nothing." He shook his head silently and got up from the couch to walk away. I grabbed his shoulder. "Wait, where are you going? We're not done yet." I asked. He glanced at me and sighed. "I think we are."

"No we're not."

"Yes we are. Now let go." He ordered while staring a hole on my hand on his shoulder. I shook my head adamantly. "I'm telling you, I love her. Don't do this to me." 

He scoffed. "Do what to you Jong? I love her too, I can't do anything about it, can I?"

My eyes grew wide and my mouth hung open when I heard his words. He too looked shocked, looking away quickly and brushing my hand off. But I wasn't going to let him go just yet. I gripped his arm and pulled him down to sit on the sofa again. Then standing in front of him, I crossed my arms and looked at him expectantly. "Spit it out. The whole story."

Hyung sighed and moved restlessly on his seat, his face quickly turning into a bright shade of red. "I liked her from the moment I saw her at the concert." He gave in. "She was arguing with the security, but I saw her holding your amulet so I let her in. She was..really something. Sweet, well-mannered, shy, kind.. I liked her." He swallowed nervously. "But she was a fan, an American fan. I didn't want to cause any trouble, so I decided to let her go. Then you asked her number." He came to a pause and glared at me. "You asked her number and went out with her. Again. And again. And now you say you want to confess to her? Of course I'm angry. I saw her first. It's not fair."

I stood speechless in front of the leader as shot bullets at me with his stare. Then suddenly his expression softened. "But she loves you."

I frowned curiously while he continued. "She loves you and you love her, it's obvious. I'm just.. Still trying to accept that fact." He pressed his lips to form a thin line and looked up at me. "I really hate you Jong. But you're like my brother, so I just have to let it go, right?" His voice quavered uncertainly.

I placed my hand gently on his shoulder. "Well, I- I'm sorry. I didn't know.." I said hesitantly, not used to apologizing. I hardly ever apologize to anyone, mainly because I had an egoistic character. But this time, I didn't have a choice. I felt bad. Hyung shook his head. 

"No, don't be. I just need some time." He responded with his down. "Alone." He added. Nodding my head, I removed my hand from his shoulder and walked to my room. I passed by Kibum and Taemin who were watching some video on a laptop, their laughing expressions turning into confused frowns when they saw me walk by. 

"Hyung." Taemin called. "You okay?"

I smiled thinly and nodded. "Yeah, just tired."

I walked into my room and picked up my phone to check for any notifications. There was one text message.

Alicia: Hey, is everything okay?

An automatic grin formed on my lips. No matter how many times we texted or talked on the phone, I never failed to feel butterflies in my stomach. It was just such magic she had on me. I swiftly typed my reply.

Now it is. How are you? ^^

I dropped my phone and myself on my bed, laying my head on my arms as I stared at the ceiling. My mind drifted to what hyung had told me. Somehow it really explained his weird character whenever Alicia was around. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or not. Suddenly my phone vibrated.

Alicia: I'm fine here. Can we meet up soon? Or is Onew going to call Mrs. Han?

She wrote in English. Reading a few times repeatedly, I guess she meant to ask if Onew was alright and if he let us meet up. I guess..

Let's meet tomorrow.

I replied safely. That was probably the best english sentence I could ever write confidently. A few moments later, I recieved a quick reply.

Alicia: What about Onew?

What about Onew? She wanted hyung to come along? I squinted my eyes in confusion at my phone. Why in the world should hyung come? Giving up on trying to figure out what she meant, I walked out of my room towards where Kibum was. "Kibum-ah." I said while extending my hand to his face, interrupting his view of the laptop screen.

"Aish, what?" He groaned while clicking the pause button. I showed him my phone. "What does she mean? I told her to meet me tomorrow, but she wants hyung to come along."

"What are you talking about?" Kibum asked in an annoyed tone while grabbing my phone and scanning my conversation with her. Then he let out a scornful laughter to mock me. "She doesn't want Onew hyung to come, silly. She's just asking if he's going to call Mrs. Han- Wait, why is he going to call Mrs. Han?" Kibum eyed me curiously. 

"Oh, really? Thanks." I said with a wide fake smile while grabbing my phone back, ignoring his question. "Yah, wait. Is Mrs. Han coming here today?" He asked again. 

"No, she's not. Just mind your own business." I responded and walked back to my room while typing out my next reply to Alicia.

He's not going to call Mrs. Han. Don't worry.

Satisfied with my answer, I touched the 'send' icon and fell onto my bed again to wait for her reply. Then, my mind drifted again.

I should really improve more on my English. Then I won't need to keep asking Kibum to translate our conversation. If me and Alica start dating, it would be so awkward if Kibum had to see all our cheesy messages. I cringed at the thought of him reading through our lovey-dovey conversations and laughing out loud at them. Just then my phone vibrated again.

Alicia: Alright. I'm counting on you.