Basics

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

"What do you mean 'read the introduction'?" I asked in an annoyed tone. Kibum scrolled up the page all the way to the top and pointed to the words written at the third paragraph while reading it out loud to me.

"Certain words that start with the english alphabet 'U' will sound like 'yoo' instead of the basic sound 'uh'." He read before turning to me. "Get it?"

I grumbled and pushed him off, speechless and totally embarressed at the same time. "Why didn't you let me know earlier?" I scolded pointlessly. "You sould have read the introduction." He mumbled, clearly amused with my shame. I pulled out my tongue at him and continued my lessons.

"Hi, I am 'my name' speaking." I read at one of the lessons, then turned to Kibum. "That's how we answer calls." He just nodded emotionlessly while reading something else at the other corner of the room. I shook my head and sighed. I really wanted to call that girl, Alicia, again. But if I did, I would have to learn more english. This was going to be one hell of a day.

 

YOUR POV

"Okay. Let me try again." I mumbled to myself, walking back and forth in my own room before reciting the things I had learned so far. I learned how to say 'how are you', 'I don't understand', 'I understand', 'please', 'good morning' and a few more. Most of the basics at least.

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the number that popped up. Unknown number. Oh my god! The last time an unknown number called me, it was Jonghyun. I started to freak out!

After a brief moment of squealing and hesitating, I answered it. "Hello?"

There was a short silence. Then a voice. A male one.

"Hey, Alicia! Waddup girl! Remember me?"

"Uh... Jason?" I sighed a little, dissapointed. "Yeahhhh!! It's been so long girlfriendd! How ya doin'!?" He screamed at the other end of the line.

"I'm good, I'm good. Ha ha.. How are you?" I replied.

So, Jason and I used to be really close during 6th grade and all. The thing about him is, he's not into girls, if you get what I mean. He's gay, but he's a really nice guy to hang out with. When we were 8th grade though, he moved to L.A. We do call up each other occasionally, but recently he's been changing numbers a lot. That explains why it was an unknown number that he called with.

"Well, I've been doin faaaaiinnn darrling! Ohmagerrd, have I told you about my boyfriend?" He squealed. I squinted my eyes, trying to remember. "You mean, Chris?"

"Ohhh naww! He's long gone darrling. Now I'm with this super amazing guy, who I swear dear, is THE ONE! I just know it Ali. He's perfect!"

Yeah, that's what he used to say about Chris. After about two hours putting up with Jason, I finally managed to end the call and resume my Korean lessons. AT LAST!

I jumped onto bed landing comfortably on my tummy and clicked on my sleeping laptop to 'study', when my phone rang again.

"Oh please!" I groaned, starring at my noisy phone that was vibrating tauntingly on the study table across the room. I picked myself up and walked up to the table, seeing the unknown number again. "Ugh!" I sighed. What else does he want?

"Yess? What is it?" I said after clicking the answer button, tring my best to sound a little annoyed.

"Um." Another voice said. "Hello?"

, that's Jonghyun!