Annyeong~

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

"That's my dad!" Carol pointed.

We ran towards him, passing through the crowd mercilessly and shouting for him. “Dad!” Carol called. “Dad!” I mimicked after her. A few shouts later he seemed to hear us and turned around. “Carol? Alicia? What are you doing here?” He asked while walking towards us worrisomely. “I told you I was busy.”

 

 

“Dad, we really need to tell you something. It’s very important.” Carol stated firmly. Seeing how serious she was, he decided to keep his attention on her.

 

“Okay, fine. Just give me a second.” Mr. Rogers walked towards a security guard, informing him something about some security stuff probably, before coming back to us. “Okay, what is it?”

 

We both swallowed nervously and smiled coyly towards him. “Well,” I started. “It’s a pretty long story.”

 

JONGHYUN'S POV

 

“Do you think that’s manager hyung?” Minho asked warily. Nobody usually knocked on the door, especially manager hyung when he’s calling us out. We all gave looks to each other. “It’s probably him.” Onew hyung said and went up to open the door. The four of us watched him anxiously, hoping it wouldn’t be some crazy dangerous fan.

 

“Yes?” He answered as he opened the door slowly. A police officer stood behind the door, his face seeming unsure of something. 

 

“Excuse me.” He said in English. “Is there a ‘Taymen’ here?” 

 

We all looked at Taemin, who raised his eyebrows in shock. Why in the world a police officer would want to see Taemin?

 

“You mean Taemin sir?” Hyung asked. The officer nodded. “Yes, sorry. Taemin.”

 

The maknae stepped forward hesitantly and bowed deeply. “Yes?” He managed to utter. The only word he was most confident with in front of the policeman. The officer looked confused at the young dancer when he bowed but cleared his throat to speak anyway. “You and your friend, Jonghon.”

 

I felt my heart pounding hard on my chest, ignoring the mispronunciation. Did he mean me? 

 

My members looked at me with more worry. I stepped forward beside Taemin, sweat already forming under my chin. “Is something wrong sir?” I asked, but he shook his head. “No. But somebody would like to meet you.” Me and Taemin looked at each other before turning back to the officer. Suddenly from behind him, two girls walk up to us. My pounding heart instantly melted.

 

“Alicia.” I muttered in disbelief. She ran to me and I caught her in arms, giving her a tight warm hug. “How did you get here?” 

 

“I just wanted to say goodbye.” She replied with a shy smile.

 

“And we don’t have a lot of time, so please don’t take long.” The policeman added. “I’ll be outside. You girls only have five minutes, okay?”

 

Despite the fact that he was talking to the girls, all of us nodded as if we all understood him. 

 

YOUR POV

 

As soon as Mr. Rogers left the room, Key shot wide eyed looks at me and Carol. “How did you both get permission to get in here?” 

 

“Well, my dad is pretty much in charge of the security for the five of you, so he found ways to let us in.” Carol stated proudly.

 

The five members started discussing among each other in Korean, until Taemin looked at Carol and smiled at her. “Carol.” He spoke, catching her attention of guard. Her face turned red instantly. “Thank you for coming.” He added with a cute accent, making her blush harder.

 

“Well.” She stuttered. “Actually, um, I wanted to give you something..” Her words trailed off as she looked at his expression. “Uh,” She stuttered again, wondering if he even understood her. “Present. I want to give you a present.”

 

“Present?” The maknae said, more as a statement than a question. Carol quickly pulled out something from her bag and swallowed before handing it to him. He took it in his hand, admiring it as if it were diamonds. His eyes gleamed happily and he smiled widely at her. “Thank you.”

 

“I guess you could say that I’m a huge fan of you now, Tae Tae.” She giggled. Keeping the smile on his lips, Taemin leaned closer to her and put his arms around her for a hug. Carol froze, but her lips started to form a similar smile.

 

“And I am a fan of you.” He spoke. “Carol-ssi.”

 

“Awww.” Suddenly Key voiced out from the corner before pulling on his sarcastic face. “Now stop this before I puke all over the place. “

 

The two of them blushed and moved away from each other, giggling in embarrassment while Key walked pass them to stand in front of me. Jonghyun was beside him and noticed the way he was eyeing me. I looked down, anxious to look back at him. “You.” He muttered.

 

I glanced up warily, worried with the way his tone seemed so menacing. “You are the reason we all almost got into huge trouble.”

 

Jonghyun stared wide eyed at him and everyone else in the room was silent. “Our image was almost over thrown because of you. Manager hyung could have punished us severely because of you. You made us go through a lot of risks.”

 

At that point, I felt like crying. Is that really what I caused? Key looked as if I destroyed his house and murdered his family. Then Jonghyun nudged him. “Yah, it not her fault. Why you like this?”

 

“Because.” The blonde turned to him. “Because I’m not done yet.” Then he turned back to me. “It’s an experience I’ll never forget.” His expression softened under his warm smile. He held out his hand for a shake. “I’m glad I met you, Alicia.” He said in a cheery tone, contrasting the tone he had on earlier. “And I’m sure Jonghyun hyung is glad too. Right hyung?” He said and patted Jonghyun's back really hard, making Jonghyun move forward towards me. “U-uh, ne.”

 

“Oh.” Key added, looking and Carol. “And you too. Nice meeting you.” She just nodded politely, shy beside her Korean crush. 

 

“Um, Alicia-ssi.” Taemin called. “Jonghyun hyung really really, um, like you.”

 

I giggled at his sentence while Jonghyun turned red, rubbing he back of his neck coyly. “Yah, wae- aih?” He sighed with a shy smile while the youngest continued. “Hyung really care about you. So, um, take care, uh. Take care his heart.” He managed. I nodded at him and smiled. “Don’t worry, I will.”

 

I circled my arm around Jonghyun’s arm and felt his muscles tense at the touch. I swallowed nervously and managed to smile at him, and he smiled back. 

 

“Minho hyung.” Taemin called to the silent corner before saying something Korean that must have meant 'say something to her.' He looked at the maknae, then to me with a blank expression.

 

"Uh." He stuttered. "Take care.."

 

That's all he said.

 

Suddenly Onew, the cold leader, walked up to both me and Carol. His expression wasn't easy to read. I instinctively let go my arm from Jonghyun's. Even Jonghyun felt worried.

 

 

He sighed, breathing through his gritted teeth. "What can I say?" He said with an annoyed expression. "You're the most craziest fan I've ever met."

 

 

I honestly had no idea if he meant to say 

that as a joke or if he was serious. “Who in the world would actually take charge of the security system just to meet us?” He continued before Carol raised her hand as if she was answering a school teacher.

 

“That was my dad..”

 

“I know.” He interrupted. “I know, I just..” He stuttered. “I can’t believe I let this happen. It all started because of me. I put SHINee to risk. I put you to risk. And now..” He paused, glancing at Jonghyun. “Now my member’s emotions are at risk, and I’m responsible for all of this.”

 

“That’s where you’e wrong.” I spoke up. “This isn’t a risk. This is a chance. A chance for us to feel love. You gave Jonghyun that chance. If there’s anything you’re responsible for, it’s for the happiness you let him have.” I looked at Jonghyun who was smiling back at me.

 

“If you didn’t let her backstage to give me my amulet, I won’t be happy like this now, hyung” Jonghyun added. Onew sighed. “I know.” He wiped his forehead and looked at me with a softer expression. 

 

“You’re really something, Alicia.” He smiled weakly and glanced at Jonghyun. “It takes a lot to be loved by Jong. Especially after what happened with Sekyung noona.”

 

Onew extended his hand for a shake, just like how Key did earlier. But when I took his hand, he grabbed Jonghyun’s and placed our palms together. “Don’t let him down.”

 

At that moment, I looked into Onew’s eyes, eye’s full of emotions. After all he did, he was only trying to protect s. He only cared for them and would do anything to keep them safe and happy. That moment, I realized how sincere his words were and how worried he felt for Jonghyun. He was entrusting to me Jonghyun’s happiness willingly for once.

 

“I won’t.” I replied with a warm smile, feeling the emotions he felt with him. He gave me his signature eye twinkling smile, something I’ve only seen through the screen, before turning to sit with the other members. Taemin started whispering something to Carol, making her laugh softly and continue a conversation with him.

 

Jonghyun and I briefly looked at each other, suddenly feeling shy to be left alone together.

 

“So..” His words came out softly. “Take care.”

 

I nodded. “You too..” My words trailed off, our eyes never meeting. It would hurt too much to look at him at this point. Time was already running out. Any second now, Carol’s dad would be telling us to get out. A small tear formed on the corner of my eye.

 

“Um.” I cleared my throat, still not looking at Jonghyun’s face. “I guess this is it, huh?” 

 

He looked at me with his puppy eyes. Even though I wasn’t looking directly at him, from the corner of my eye I noticed his nose growing red. “No. This is not it.” He swallowed. “I will come back. I- I promise.”

 

I couldn’t help but smile at those words. Those sweet words that creates a distinctive barrier between fantasies and reality. But what makes it sad, is the fact that sweet words don’t apply very well in reality.

 

“Okay.” I nodded softly and sadly. It was all I could say. Even though so many questions ran through my mind, I decided to keep them to myself. I didn’t want to waste time asking, when I could just try to cherish the remaining time I had with him. 

 

Jonghyun noticed my expression. Sad, confused, worried. He cupped my cheek with one hand and leaned down for a soft kiss, hoping it would make everything better. Of course it wouldn’t be as simple as that.

 

“Okay girls. It’s time to go.” Suddenly Mr. Rogers announced as he barged into the room. I jumped back in shock, avoiding the kiss just in time before Mr. Rogers saw. “Uh- Oh, okay.” I stuttered in embarrassment. Carol walked up beside me, waving sadly to Taemin.

 

“Ready?” The policeman asked. We both nodded before I glanced one last time to Jonghyun and whispered. “Bye.”

 

His eyes started to turn red, but forced a thin smile. Then suddenly it faded away and a different expression swept over his face. Without warning, he pulled my arm and wrapped me in a tight hug. “I will come back.” He whispered. “I promise. I will.”

 

Tears streaked out of my eyes and I hugged him back with the same amount of strength e was putting. “Okay.”

 

“I love you, okay?” He added, making me tear even more before replying. “Me too, Jong. I’ve always loved you.”

 

The room was silent, even Mr. Rogers, surprised by the sudden scene that took place. Briefly after that, he let me go and we smiled warmly at each other. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead just before Mr. Rogers placed his hand on my shoulder.

 

“We really need to go, Ali.” He said regretfully, understanding the pain of parting. I nodded, my eyes still on Jonghyun as I backed away and joined Carol’s side. The three of us walked out carefully, staying hidden from all the fans. 

 

Me and Carol walked out of the airport entrance, waiting at the taxi stand silently. Her dad stayed back to keep track of the security until the boys had left. I didn't want to wait till the flight. It would hurt even more.

 

Carol nudged me. "You okay?" She whispered. I smied thinly and nodded, not wanting to say anything because I was afraid I'd end up crying. We caught a taxi and eventually got back home by lunchtime.

 

I got through the day silently. My mum, being the understanding person she was, didn't ask too many questions. She tried cheering me up by making my favourite meal for dinner, but it didn't do much. I was already missing him.

 

I cried in my sleep that night. The feels were too much for me to handle, knowing that I might not ever see him again. I tried to keep as positive as possible, reminding myself about how I should be happy that I actually got to spend time with the man I've only dreamed of having. I tried to tell myself to appreciate the memories. But it was hard.

 

I tossed and turned around on my bed, unable to sleep. I looked at the time. It was almost 1am. I groaned in my pillow in frustration, sounding like deep vibrations.

 

Phone vibrations in fact. I sounded like my phone. Deciding that it was really perculiar, I looked up from my pillow and frowned. 

 

My phone was lit. I sighed and grabbed it. Who would be calling at this time? Frowning harder now, I looked at the bright screen and blinked to adjust my eyes on the sudden brightness. Then I smiled.

 

'Jonghyun'.

 

 

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

A/N: Annyeong! Yes, this is the last chapter of the story. I just want to thank all my lovely subbies for following the story and for all the support y'all gave me. I really enjoyed writing this story, and enjoy even more reading the comments. ^^ I'm sorry for the gaps in updating, and hope all of you enjoyed reading this story.

So, I'll wrap it up for this story. :') Thank you again.

You can always check out my other stories too. XD hehe.