Kwaenchanayo?

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

JONGHYUN'S POV

"Don't you think she's great?" I asked through my big smiley teeth.

"Apart from the fact that she could have gotten us into huge trouble.. She's okay." Key muttered while reading his Vogue magazine. "Have you seen the dress Emma Watsons wore during the the oscars?"

"Just okay?" I asked, my smile fading slowly.

"Taemin should see this." He spoke, ignoring me. I sighed and squinted at my oh-so-reliable friend before turning to Minho who was playing his video games. 

"What do you think, Min?"

"He's almost there, a doge to the left, come on come on come on... And goalllllll!" He screamed with foth his fists in the air, also ignoring me. I sighed again, slumping my shoulders and falling back onto the couch. Just then Onew hyung walked across me.

"Hyung!" I called, sitting at the edge of the seat. Hyung looked at me as he reached out for the tv remote. "Hm?" 

"What did you think about Alicia? Isn't she amazing?"

Hyung paused, or more likely froze at the question. His eyes widened a little before he cleared his throat and nervously grabbed the remote. I looked at him with my big eyes, expecting a good reply.

"She's.. Okay."

I scoffed. "Okay?" 

"Yeah." He nodded casually, although I was sure that he was faking it. I furrowed my eyebrows curiously at him. "Hyung." 

"What?"

I just stared at him, hoping he'll catch on my telepathy messages that I was sending with my expressions. He looked back at me as though I was stupid. "Jong. Don't give me that face. What is it?"

"Oh, you don't give that face. Something's up with you." I responded cockily, ignoring the fact that I too agreed that my face looked rather stupid. He shrugged. "Like?"

"That's what I want to find out." I answered while moving to sit beside him. "You were strangely silent the whole time those two girls were here. You didn't say a word." Then I moved my face closer to his. "Why?"

"Uh." He squeaked and moved away quickly, uncomfortable with my close distance. Then he looked away without a word. I frowned curiously and tapped his shoulder. "Hyung. You don't like her?"

He took his time to respond. "N-No."

I raised my eyebrows, surprised by his answer, while removing my hand from his shoulder. "No?"

"No." Hyung repeated, this time turning to look at me before pressing a button of the tv remote. An American comedy sitcom was going on, so hyung turned his attention to the tv, leaving me disappointed. I slowly got up from the seat and walked to my room.

Why didn't hyung like her? Did she say something to him that made him upset? I didn't understand.

 

YOUR POV

"They were absolutely amazing!" Carol shrieked in my room while I laid on my bed, watching her walk around in circles. "Oh my god! I didn't know I could fall for Asian guys. They were so... So... So... y!"

"I told you.." I spoke casually, pretending to imitate her conscience. 

"Minho is so adorable when he speaks english! He's like, freaking hot! And your Jonghyun guy, he is such a sweet person. You are the luckiest girl in the world Ali! And oh my god! That other guy... Uh.. Keylock? No no, Sherlock!"

"It's Key. Sherlock was their song."

"Oh, sorry. Key. He is so caring! I mean, he seems like such a super cool diva, and I like that. I didn't know he could speak english!"

She went blabbering about the boys, forcing me to listen. I'm so glad that Carol had finally seen the light of Kpop and Korean guys. But right now, she's annoying. 

"I know. I get it. They're awesome. I've been trying to tell you this since forever." I cut her sentence. She made a face at me. "Well, it's my turn now."

"I don't think so. I'm going down to get snacks."

She pouted at me while I went out of my room. Silence had never felt so good. I walked down the staircase, expecting to see my mum watching tv on the couch and the kitchen empty. But surprisingly, nothing looked the way I expected.

"Mum?" I called when I saw the kitchen in a mess. Well, the usual mess it always was in whenever mum cooks. But that was the thing. She was cooking. Mum turned to look at me from the stove. "Oh, Ali dear. Are you busy? I need you to help me wash the carrots."

"Mum, what are you doing? We already had lunch. It's almost 4." I asked while pulling out the carrots from the fridge.

"I'm making dinner." 

"Dinner? Don't we have enough food for dinner already?"

"No dear. We're having guests tonight." She chirrupped while stirring the hot pot of sauce. I assumed she was making spaghetti. "Who?" I asked.

"An old friend. She's from Korea, and she's bringing her nephew along."

My eyes grew wide. "You have a friend from Korea?"

"Oh I knew her a long time ago. Before you were born. We were roommates until we both finished our studies. Then she went back there and got married while I stayed here."

I nodded my head while peeling the carrots with my eyebrows still raised. It felt so weird to know that my mum has a korean friend. I wish I knew earlier, then I could go to Korea and stay with that friend. My imagination started to grow..

"Are you done with the carrots?"

"Huh? What?" I snapped out of my dreamworld, realizing that I had the carrots under the running tap water for a minute now. "Oh. Yeah." I mumbled and passed the red veggies to my mum. Then, I quickly grabbed a packet of chips and ran up to my room to tell Carol the news.