Aigooooo! T-T

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

My best friend stood still infront of me while I sat nervously on the sofa. My hands were knotted together and my eyes wandered at every corner of my living room, but never at her. She tapped her finger that was on her elbow and raised an eyebrow as if expecting me to say something. But I didn't.

"So you were on a date I see?" She started. "With a guy I might or might not know. Not that I'm too curious.."

"How did you know?"

"Your mum was very informative. Looks like you've been out with this guy many times already."

I kept silent, guilt overtaking my mind. Why? Why now?

"But it's not really about that I'm angry about. It's more of canceling our appointment."

"We had an appointment?"

"We planned our study group today, remember?" She sneered. I flinched as my memory rushed back to me. "Oh yeah.." I mumbled. She kept her glare fixed on me.

Suddenly my mum walked in with a tray. "Cookies, girls?" She offered. Carol turned and smiled. "No thank you Miss Margarate. Maybe later, after I'm done with your daughter."

My mum looked at me as I gave her a weak smile then she hummed an 'okay' and walked back into the kitchen. Carol turned back to me and I sank into the couch, smiling pathetically. She frowned.

"I came here at four, expecting to see you in your room. But then your mum tells me you went out on a date. Like what? You actually left your bestest friend ever to go out with some dude you probably just met last week? And what's more, you didn't even tell me you were dating some dude. I waited here until you came back and now it's already nine. I am thoroughly disappointed with you Alicia."

I my lips and looked down, still playing with my fingers. "Sorry..." I mumbled under my breath. Then I looked at her pitifully. "We can do our study group tomorrow.. Promise."

She pouted and frowned, unsatisfied before looking away. Then she sighed and sat down beside me. "You ."

"I know." I replied. "I'm sorry. Really, I mean it."

After a short while of sighing and thinking, she looked at me with a squint, obviously trying hard to control her smile. "You're not going to tell me about this guy you're dating?"

I smiled when I saw her face, but my face turned upside down when I finished processing the words she said. "What?" I hesitated. "Uh.."

"Mmhmm?"

"Well, you see... It's..uh.."

"You're not going to tell me?" She whined with a frown.

"No, I mean, yes, I mean.. I will tell you. But it's... Just.."

"Yes?"

Suddenly my phone rang. I quickly pulled it out and looked at the screen. 'Jjong Oppa'. I cursed under my breath. "Who is it?" She asked trying to take a look at my phone screen but I quickly moved it away. She shifted her eyes to me with a curious frown.

"Just give me a second." I whimpered before answering the call. "Hello?"

"Hi Alicia."

"Um, hi." I said nervously, my lips while Carol stared at me with her eyebrow raised. "Uh, why did you call?"

He cleared his throat. "Um, I want to talk to you."

"I see.." I replied plainly. "Well, I need to eat now. I'll talk to you later."

"Uh, really? So fast? You're busy?" He seemed to have been taken aback with my harsh tone. Damn, I felt so bad. But Carol was still staring at me, and she didn't know anything about him.

"Yes yes yes. I'll talk to you later. Okay, bye." I replied and ended the call. Carol squinted her eyes. "Who was that?"

"No one really. Just, uh, my....cousin." I lied stupidly.

"Ali, you better explain what's going on. You've been acting pretty strangely today. What's happening?"

I looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows in guilt and desperation. Then I let out a huge sigh and brought her up to my room. I sat her down on my bed and stood infront of her with my hands behind my back and my lips pursed.

"Okay." I started. "This whole thing began at the SHINee concert we went to. Remember how I had to return Jonghyun's amulet?" Carol nodded. "Well, I told you that he said thank you and I left, right?" She nodded again. "Well, actually, that wasn't it."

"What have you gotten yourself into Ali?"

"He brought me out for dinner the next day."

"Who?"

"Jonghyun."

"You're lying."

"I'm not." I responded and Carols eyes widened.

" Ali. Jonghyun bought you dinner?"

I nodded. "After that, we stayed in contact.. And went out again. And.."

Carol got up from the bed, her eyes still wide and gawking. "Are you f***ing serious? You're talking about the Jonghyun from SHINee?"

I smiled pathetically again. "Yeah.."

"AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME?!"

"I was afraid you'd tell someon-" I tried to say but Carol suddenly plunged herself forward to grab me and I quickly avoided it.

"YOU'RE SO DEAD!" She screamed and chased me around the room.