Gonghang Encounter

My Bias Doesn't Speak English!

Can we just take a moment to look back at the memories of the past two weeks of SHINee's stay in New York?

I returned an amulet to Jonghyun and he got my number. We had dinner together. We called and texted each other everyday. We went on rides in a theme park then on more dates. I visited their dorm and got to know the other members of SHINee. He learned how to speak english, and I improved on my Korean. We almost got into trouble with Onew's aunt, but got away with it. So much happened.

And the best part? Our first kiss. 

Everything just felt like a dream. A really long and sweet dream. 

But dreams have to end, don't they? There will always be a point when you have to wake up, and no matter what happens, you can never go back into that dream again. 

Reality strikes hard and painfully.

 

JONGHYUN'S POV

We all got into the vans that drove us to the airport. I sat behind with Kibum, in front of us was Taemin and Minho while Onew sat on the passenger seat. "So what happens to the lovely cars we rented here?" I asked out of the blue.

"They obviously go back to their owner." Kibum replied in a 'duhh' tone, rolling his eyes at me. Such a diva.

"We don't get to keep them?" I asked, full of devastation. Minho turned to look at me. "Of course we don't hyung. What? You think they'll give us a car for free?"

"I don't know. I really like the car I rented." I mumbled. Then sighed. Everyone was so tired since we all stayed up late doing our last minute packings. But I couldn't handle the quiet and dull aura that set around the van. 

Until my mind started to drift. I wondered if I will ever get to meet Alicia again. Will she even be in the airport to watch me leave?

 

YOUR POV

I woke up at 6am. Can you imagine that? Waking up at 6am just to make it to the airport early enough to see him. I've always been convinced that nothing and no one can possibly be more important than sleep. I finally proved myself wrong though.

I reached the airport at almost 7am and it was already bustling with people trying to get to their own flights on time. I walked around searching for any signs of famous people walking through the crowd. Even a single security guard would be enough to catch my attention. I looked like a lost soul wandering around trying to find heaven's gates.

What time is their flight again? 10am right?

Then I saw it. Not the boys, not the guards. I saw fans. A huge crowd was already growing in front of the main entrance, most of them carrying banners and posters waiting for their idols. I let out a sigh.

I pushed through the crowd, trying to step in front to see the view. I didn't even know what time the band would arrive. Probably any minute now. I thought to myself, and surely enough, as if I could predict the future, two black vans arrived. The crowd went wild, girls raising their banners and posters in the air, shaking frantically for attention.

Naturally, I tried to make my way to the very front of the crowd to see them, but it was almost impossible with all the aggressive girls around me. Judging by the way they were screaming, although I couldn't see what was going on, I could tell that the boys were coming out from the vans and greeting the fans. I tiptoed a little and saw the professionally styled-haired boys walking towards us. Quickly, I pushed the girls aside and forced my way forward.

I walked and squeezed through and finally could see the light. It felt like I was walking towards heaven at that moment. That's when I bumped into some crazy girl, tripped my foot on hers and fell hard forward on the ground. I heard a few gasps, and suddenly I felt a gust of nostalgia gush through me. 

I slowly looked up and the first thing I saw were a pair of familiar shoes. "Kwaenchanayo?" The sweet voice asked in both surprise and worry. He bent down and placed his arm around mine to pull me up and that's when I managed to see his face. 

Jonghyun.

And just like how we first met, I felt my stomach tumble and turn in excitement.

My face turned red and I quickly nodded, smiling weakly at him before removing my arm from his. But before I could walk away, a security guard violently pushed me back and nudged Jonghyun to keep walking forward. The vocalist's eyes were fixated at me as he moved forward before he turned to say something to the guard. Not like the guard even cared since he looked like he was too busy to listen to the young idol. 

I sighed deeply as I watched the band walk further away from me. The crowd of girls around me gave me disgusted looks while moving away to follow their 'oppa's, leaving me to stand alone. I hung my head down and sighed one more time. It would be impossible to pass through the crowd again making me realize that that was probably the last time I would ever see him before he leaves.

"Girl, you just got lucky." Suddenly a familiar voice chimed from behind me. I perked up my head and turned around to see my bestie. "Carol?"

 

JONGHYUN'S POV

That bloody security guard, pushing people around whenever he wants. Who does he think he is? I was so mad at him when he pushed Alicia so violently like how he did. "Hey, why did you push her like that?" I tried to ask him, but he couldn't be bothered more. He just kept telling us to move in our lines towards the departure hall. 

I sighed heavily, deciding not to make it a big deal. I hoped she was okay. Every second, my eyes couldn't help but turn to look behind to see if she was still following us, but I couldn't find her. 

"Hyung?" Kibum called, looking at me from behind. I turned to him and saw his face full of worry. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I replied bluntly. I could tell he wasn't convinced, but it was hard to have a conversation while walking through the massive crowd. The fans were cheering and screaming dangerously near. It's not that I don't appreciate them, but it gets quite uncomfortable when they get too crazy. We walked through the building towards an area that had closed gates around it. Apparently, our manager didn't check in our tickets earlier cause he had errands, so he's doing it  now.

The five of us went into a specific room to wait, while fans started piling themselves just outside the door to see us. "Lot's of pretty girls around here ey?" Kibum smirked while taking a seat on the provided seats. 

"Is that all you care about?" Minho said, mentally scoffing at the blonde after holding his fake smile for the crowd. Taemin peeked outside the room and waved cheerfully at the fans, causing them to scream louder. I sat down and sighed silently before wiping my face with my hands. Taemin noticed me and crouched down beside me. "Hyung, what's wrong?"

"Isn't it obvious Tae?" Kibum snapped. "He's upset about leaving that girl."

Taemin glanced at Kibum, then back at me with a saddened smile. "It's okay hyung. I understand how you feel." I eyed him and frowned. "Do you?"

He nodded. "I do. But its worse that I have to hide how I feel because I didn't want you guys to know."

"Know what?" Hyung suddenly asked from his seat, all eyes on Taemin. The maknae gulped nervously before pressing his lips together into a fake smile. "Well, I know it sounds stupid and all, but I really grew to like Alicia's friend. That girl, Carol."

Everybody gasped, even me. The young boy looked back at me. "At least you got to spend all the time you had with Alicia." Then looked down. "I just wish I could with Carol."

The room fell silent and nobody made eye contact with each other, until hyung suddenly got up. "Kids." He muttered. "You all just fall in love instantly once you see a foreign girl. If this keeps happening, I'm going to make sure we don't have anymore fan-meetings in our world tours. What happened to your professionalism? Did we train for years in SM for this?"

Nobody answered. 

"We came to New York for a concert. Not to find girlfriends-" 

Suddenly everybody's attention was stolen by the sound of knocks on the door.

 

YOUR POV

"Carol, why didn't you tell me this earlier? Oh my god, I can't believe you-, oh god!" I groaned, half of me feeling so mad at her, the other half feeling happier than ever. She raised her hands and eyebrows with that 'what?!' expression she always has when I'm accusing her. "It's not my fault. I really didn't know until just now."

"Where is your dad now?" I asked her while she checked her phone. She pursed her lips. "Somewhere near the check in place."

"Does he know?" 

She paused for a moment, making me feel like hyperventilating. "No."

I let out a sigh of relief. "But we have to tell him if we want to let us see them. He's a police officer. He needs reasons to let you see them." She added, making me groan again. "Fine. I hope he doesn't make a big deal out of it though."

We both walked really fast towards the 'check in place', as what Carol calls it. As we got nearer, we could see the crowd all over the place/ "It's almost impossible to get through." I muttered, almost losing hope. But Carol was more determined to get through. "Leave it to me."

She dialed her dad's number and placed the phone to her ear. "Dad, are you bus- Oh, you are. Well, I really need to talk to you n- Uh, what? Oh.. But it's really importan- Yeah? Oh.. Oh. But- Wait." 

She stopped and pulled the phone away with a sigh. "He seems really busy." We both looked down sadly. Suddenly both of us heard a familiar voice from the distance. Carol reacted first when she heard it, her eyes growing wide in excitement.

"That's my dad!"