December 16 – 16 Days

⚜ 27 Days

[Monday December 16 – 16 Days]

          “We’ve already been to so many stores, Eunae.” Miyoung sighed tiredly, “My feet are killing me, why can’t you just buy a dress? You look good in anything, seriously.” She complained as she collapsed into a chair.  Eunae furrowed her brows and crossed her arms, “What are you talking about? We’re finding a dress for you, you idiot!”

          “What?” Miyoung looked up, “I thought I was just trying on dresses with you for fun.” She muttered before Eunae shook her head, “Aigoo…no, we’re getting you a dress too. You need to look fabulous at this charity event…there’s going to be a lot of suitors and many rich people.” Eunae muttered, “And a lot of reporters.” She sighed, “Come on, yo. Let’s not waste any more time.” She dragged Miyoung from her seat before hooking her arms through hers.

          They went in and out of stores looking for dresses for a couple more hours before Eunae gave in and they went home.  “Oh well,” Eunae sighed as they entered her house, “We’ll just go again tomorrow.” She smiled, “And we’ll devote it all to you because I already got my dress.” She stated, “Why are you so picky? Every dress looked nice on you.” They walked up the stairs and into her room.

          Miyoung walked straight to the bed and laid down on her stomach, “They were either too sparkly or too fancy for me.  I don’t think this event is that formal...” She stated but Eunae shook her head, “Oh no, it is very formal.  Plus, we’re going to be meeting a lot of business men and their sons,” Eunae came out of her closet, “Mom says that we have to look extra nice…” She mimicked, “God, if she sets me up with someone tomorrow, I’m going to cry forever.”  Miyoung broke out into a chuckle and rolled onto her back.  “I’d love to see that!”

          Eunae snickered and threw a couch pillow at her.  “Come on, fatty.  Let’s go make your favorite.” Eunae sang as she ran out of the room.  Miyoung threw the pillow aside and chased after her.

          They took out ingredients to make red velvet cupcakes.  Eunae’s house maids stood watch, wanting to help, but Eunae wouldn’t let them.  She wanted to do this by herself with Miyoung.  “Hey! Pabo! Tie your hair up, .” Eunae shouted at Miyoung before she obeyed. 

          “Ah! I forgot to tell you.” Eunae chuckled, “My mom put our name on the auction list.” She stated, “Which means we’re going to be auctioned off to help the charity, so that’s another reason why you also have to look gorgeous.” Eunae looked over at Miyoung whose eyes were popping out.

          “Choi Eunae!” Miyoung cried, “I don’t want to—omg, what if no one buys me! That’s humiliating! Eunae!” Miyoung pouted and whined childishly.  Eunae laughed along with some of the house maids.  Miyoung shot them a look, “That’s not funny!” She complained.  “Miss Park, someone will buy you.” One of them assured.  Eunae looked over at her friend and shrugged, “That was my mom’s idea, and you know better than to go against that.” She stated with a slight chuckle.  Miyoung hung her head low and groaned, “What are they buying us for? Dinner, like last year?” 

          She looked up at Eunae who was mixing the ingredients together now.  “Mm, I think my mom said they were just going to do a dance this year…but they can arrange something between each other if they want.” She added seconds later.  “You’re just lucky your mom didn’t list you last year! I had to go on a date with Woohyun from Nam Corp and ughh” Eunae groaned, “I wanted to cry-”

          Miyoung scoffed, “You always want to cry…” She stated while looking at Eunae with a funny look.  “Woohyun doesn’t look that bad.  I think he’s cute. He has an adorable smile.” Miyoung muttered shyly.  Eunae stopped mixing and threw her friend a glare, “No! Seriously, he was so embarrassing! You haven’t gone on a date with him so you can’t say that! You think he’s cute and quiet, but no, he’s cute and super greasy!  He threw cheesy compliments at me every chance he could get and said the corniest things!” She shuttered at the thought, “Ugh, I think I’m going to be sick just thinking about it.” she muttered.

          Miyoung laughed and finished putting the cups in the cupcake holders before they put the batter in.  “Why don’t you find a date this year who’s rich and willing to buy you at the auction?” Miyoung looked over at her friend, “It’ll save you from another greasy date with Woohyun—I think he might have a thing for you now that I’m thinking about it…” She sighed, “He never acknowledged me when you were with me…”   Eunae cringed, “God, I’d love to be you.”

          Miyoung snickered along with some maids.  “Tsh—who’s a good date…” Eunae muttered before her eyes widened, “AH! When does oppa come back!?” She chimed, “I miss him!” She pursed her lips as Miyoung sighed.  “I think he comes back on the 22, just before the Christmas Party.” She muttered, “He would totally help you out and go as your date…but he’s not here…” Miyoung looked down at the table.

          Eunae groaned.  They both sat at the island counter, feet dangling from the bar stool as they tried thinking of some close guy friends.

          “Mmm, how about Bang!” Miyoung turned towards Eunae who shook her head and sighed, “He’s dating someone…” she muttered.  Miyoung slouched in her seat, “…Yoseob? He’s cute!” Miyoung smiled before Eunae answered with a no.  “Why!?” Miyoung asked, “He’d be fine to go with you!” She protested against Eunae’s answer.

          “Yoseob’s too short!” Eunae cried before Miyoung scoffed, “Heol!” Miyoung shook her head, “I can’t-wow, really Eunae. It’s not like you’re going out with him.” She raised a brow before the other nodded, “Yeah, but publicity!” She huffed, “And I’m already so tall plus heels…it’ll just look weird.” She muttered.  Miyoung and Eunae rested their heads in the palm of their propped hands.  “Just go with your cousin then! Junhong’s tall, and he’s cute.” Miyoung shrugged with a shy smile.

          She put her head down on the table and groaned when she heard Eunae sigh, “No, I was already going to do that, but he’s in Japan right now.” She groaned, “Where are all the handsome guys in the world!!” She moaned desperately.

          “Miss Choi, your phone’s ringing…” A maid came running into the kitchen and handed it to Eunae who then left the room.  Miyoung’s brows caved in, trying to think of other friends who wouldn’t mind as Eunae was absent.

          “Lee Joon…” She mumbled before looking over at the maids, “Lee Joon’s handsome, right?” She asked them before they all nodded in agreement.  “Miss Park, Young Lee Joon is dating...your cousin.” One replied quietly before Miyoung groaned, why couldn’t I remember that!? She scolded.  “Aish, na baboya.” She softly hit her head while shaking her head, “Joon’s dating your cousin…of course he is.” She rubbed her nape.  “This is hard…” She muttered before Eunae came in running back in, “GUESS WHO JUST GOT A DATE FOR THE CHAIRTY EVENT!!!!” She shouted ecstatic.  “MISS CHOI EUNAE!” She laughed and jumped on the stool.

          Miyoung looked confused, “What-with who?” She asked quickly before Eunae smiled, “Byun Baekhyun of 2B Electronics!”   She sighed in satisfaction.  Miyoung looked at her best friend, “Did he call to ask you?”

          Eunae chuckled, “Aniyo.”

          Miyoung looked at Eunae with a surprised expression, “What? What did he want then?” She asked.  The smile on Eunae’s face wouldn’t disappear, “He asked to see if we were going to the event and I said yes.  Then it occurred to me that his father has an electronic company, one of the top, so I asked him and surprisingly, he said yes.” She giggled before sighing, “Then he said that we should go shopping tomorrow so I told him okay too…then we hung up and now I’m here.”

          Miyoung smiled while shaking her head, “You’re unbelievable, Choi Eunae. Un-Bee-Lieve-Ah-Ble.”

          Eunae flashed a smile and flicked her hair back, “Tell me something I don’t already know.”  She stated as she walked over to the oven to check on the cupcakes.  Miyoung’s smile faltered; she tilted her head to the side and asked, “Wait—isn’t Baekhyun short too?” She straightened and looked at Eunae as she turned around.

          Eunae smiled nervously and cleared , “I mean, he’s taller than Yoseob…so it’s alright.” She chuckled uneasy before turning around, “They’re ready!” She quickly changed subjects as Miyoung shrunk in her seat, narrowing her eyes.

          Miyoung smiled, shaking her head, “You really are unbelievable, Choi Eunae.”


Just a little EunMi moments for you all...

Heehee, I'm so excited to write this week's updates! And I hope you are all excited to read them!! :))

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))