December 31

⚜ 27 Days

[Tuesday December 31 – 11:37AM; 35 Minutes]

          There was a gloomy feeling that fell upon everyone.  Time was closing in.  Words were rarely spoken in the room.  Eunae looked over at Sehun.  He quickly felt a gaze and looked up.  It was time.

          They both stood up at the same time, catching the attention of Miyoung’s parents.  Eunae and Sehun both walked over to say their goodbyes.  Mrs. Park walked towards Sehun and they hugged each other.  “Thank you…for loving her with her flaws.” She croaked; Sehun stayed silent as she pulled away and gently grabbed his hand.  Sehun looked down as she opened up his palm and felt a cold string of metal fall.  “I’m sure she would have wanted you to keep this…” Mrs. Park smiled tiredly.  “The music box and the necklace…she treasured it a lot.”  Tears were slowly beginning to stream down her cheeks again.

          Mr. Park walked over and squeezed Sehun’s shoulders.  Sehun bowed politely then silently left the room and met Eunae outside.

          They walked out of the hospital and onto the city bus to the subway.  “Where are you going to take me…?” Sehun asked as they sat down.  Eunae just shrugged, and Sehun knew that she needed time to collect herself.  So the whole subway ride and bus ride he followed her silently.

          It was when Sehun saw the Namsan tower nearing, that he knew where she was taking him.  They were nearing the door and Eunae slowly came to a stop.  “This is where you need to be…” she whispered, “I need to be somewhere else.” She added afterwards, “Miyoung was here before the accident.” Eunae stated, having been practicing this speech the entire way to the tower.

          “If she was here…that means she made a locket…and it’s up there.” She sighed as she looked up towards the top.  “Here, you can get a lot of thinking done…I feel like this is where you need to be right now.  December 31, 12:12PM was when she was born…that’s when they’re going to take her off as well.” Eunae sniffed and pulled her coat around herself, “I’ll see you later then…” Eunae stated and turned around to leave.

          Sehun turned around as well, “Wh-where are you going?” he asked and she turned around.  Eunae smiled faintly but there was pain in her eyes.  “Where our friendship started…swing set at the grade school.” She stated then turned around to leave.

          Sehun entered and immediately saw a flower and gift shop inside.  Flowers… he walked over as if someone was calling his name.  He walked straight inside and to the counter.  The young girl looked at him and smiled, “What can I do for you?” She asked, and Sehun stared at her with empty eyes, “coral tulips…just two please.” He whispered.  The girl gave him a confusing look, “two coral tulips it is…” she muttered then got busy.


          There was no one up on the deck.  It was extremely cold and windy out, but it indeed helped Sehun open his mind and think.  He sat on the ground, leaning against the glass windows from the outside. 

          The music box played next to him, the necklace around his neck.  His eyes were closed, nerves relaxed. His finger ran across the soft petals of the flower, imaging it as soft as Miyoung’s cheeks. Miyoung had taken over his mind; Miyoung’s smile, Miyoung’s laugh, Miyoung this, and Miyoung that.  How long would it be to fill his heart again?  The emptiness inside him that ate him up, how long would it take to feel whole again?

          The cold wind whipped his cheeks causing a shiver to run down his spine.  What was going to happen after this?  Would he still be able to live his life normally? Sehun adjusted his hood around his head, sighing heavily.  The world he knew was now broken, and he could take nothing back.

          He opened his eyes and looked at the watch around his wrist, 7 Minutes left.

          Swallowing, he stood up and began looking for Miyoung’s locket in the many thousands that were hanging on the railings.  He needed to find it before 12:12; he had to lock his right next to hers as they took her off the machines.

          Sehun was shivering from the cold; only a couple more minutes and she’ll be gone.  “Where would you have put it…?” he asked himself, trying to put himself in her shoes.  If Miyoung made a locket, she would have placed it somewhere where she can remember, somewhere high, somewhere low… Sehun turned around and saw the corner rail, “or somewhere alone…” he walked over, hoping that hers would be over there. 

          His lips curved into a small smile as he found the one with his name on it at the bottom of the railing.  He ran his thumb over the heart, reading the words she wrote to him.

Oh Sehun,

We’re both stubborn and we argue a lot, but I like you so don’t leave me.

Park Miyoung

131227

          Sehun his lips and pressed them thin, fighting back his tears.  He took his locket from his jacket pocket and hung it right next to hers.  This was it.  He looked at his watch, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 *click

          He locket it on the railing and leaned back to look at it.  Looking into the sky, he closed his eyes.  A cool breeze came by then everything seemed to settle down as if that was her last breath.  How could this time be both so saddening and happy at the same time?  This moment, he would remember forever.  No matter how painful the memory is, he would want to remember her and everything that she came with.  Happy Birthday, my happiness…you were the one to leave first…but I won’t ever leave you.

          It was now 12:14PM, they would have pulled the plug, and she would have been gone by now.  He could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket, but he wouldn’t let worldly distractions get him from thinking about only her.  Sehun ran his thumb over his locket, the one right next to hers.  He put the stem of the tulips through the opening between the railing and the lock, letting it sit there.

          There was a sense of clarity that filled his heart and mind.  His heart was no longer afraid of what the future would bring him; knowing that Miyoung was out there, watching him, guiding him, only soothed him.  When he felt lost, he knew that Miyoung would there to lead him home.  Even though the two had known each other for such a small amount of time, he knew that Miyoung loved the outdoors.  Whenever he needed guidance he would be able to find it in world around him, hidden in the sun. 

          This place would be theirs.  The observation deck would be the place he would come to, to find the answers he needed to get through life. 

          Sehun stood up from the ground and returned to the music box; picking it up, he closed it shut.  He turned his head and looked to the sky, slowly walking back to where the lockets were placed by the corner of the railing.  He didn’t want to leave, but he knew that whenever he needed to feel free, to feel calm again, he could always return to this spot right here. 

          Sehun slid down the wall of the deck and back onto the ground.  Just a couple more minutes… he noted.  His eyes were tied down, reading and rereading both messages on the locks.  Miyoung would be with him forever; not buried in the shadows of his memories, but with him always. 

Park Miyoung,

You’ll always be my first love.

Oh Sehun

Rest in Peace, my happiness

131231, 12:12PM

 


Now that the story has ended and Miyoung passed away, I also wanted to tell you all that this will be my last story on aff.  Eunae doesn’t even know yet, but yeah. I love you guys.

On another note, I’m surprised I actually finished on time and everything…wow, this took a lot of my time, but I can now say, I’m completely done with this story.  I think this is my favorite story, otl.  I’m sorry I couldn’t make it end happily.  I’ve always wanted to write an angst story and since Miyoung didn’t die in My Big Heart, I just had to write another story to fulfil the sadness that resides in my heart.

And since I never answered questions throughout the story, if you still have questions, write them in the comment box below and I’ll collect then and answer them in my next update, after my summary of the story (also in the next update).

Also, happy birthday to me. December 31, 12:12PM…and—

I hope for great health in the New Year 2014 for all of you! Spend time well with family and friend! You’ll never know when something like this can happen! I Love You All & thank you for your constant love and support!

Sincerely, Miyoung.


 Aha, I’m just playing with you.  This isn’t my last story, kekeke, I could never leave this site, it’s like…my 3rd family after tumblr, otl. I was just playing with your hearts…oTL, I’m so sorry to play your feels like that. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~