December 29 – 3 Days

⚜ 27 Days

[Sunday December 29 – 3 Days]

          It’s hard for Sehun to show his emotions. 

          Exo had heard about what happened through Eunae.  They decided to leave Sehun alone for a while then accompany him to the hospital.

          Sehun came out of his room wearing the mittens he had just bought for Miyoung, the mittens that laid on the night stand beside Miyoung’s hospital bed…the mittens that she was wearing during the accident.

          “Are you ready?” Lu Han asked him softly and he only nodded before they all left the house together and headed to the hospital.


          The guys crowded in the family waiting room.  Sehun sat down and they gathered around preparing themselves for what Sehun was about to tell them.

          After a long silence, Sehun cleared his throat, “I just told you what was wrong with Miyoung before the accident two nights ago…” Sehun whispered, “because of the accident…” his throat became dry, making it very hard for him to swallow. 

          “Take your time…” Joonmyun said softly with a squeeze of his shoulders.  Sehun closed his eyes, feeling the tears come through still.  “She’s in…she’s… There are no chances of her waking up…she’s brain dead and the only thing that’s keeping her alive are the machines…” Sehun calmly whispered.

          The room went silent; nothing was heard but the soft breathings of the boys.

          Moments later there was a small whimpering sound coming from the corner.  Jongin closed his eyes and tears slowly streamed down.  He walked over to Tao, who held his fist to his lips to try and silence himself. Yet, even as his whimpering became soft little sniffs, his shoulders still shook uncontrollably as Jongin wrapped an arm around him.

          No one dared to look up. The atmosphere was so heavy that it practically suffocated them as they all waited endlessly. There was a sudden clack and everyone’s attention turned to the door before they all saw a gloomed Eunae.

          “You guys can come see her now.” Her stare was empty, like the life had been out of them.

          Slowly, one by one, the guys followed her out. No words were exchanged as they all silently shuffled into Miyoung’s hospital room.

          It was at the sight of her small body lying completely still in the hospital bed and all the tubes that stuck to her, that it finally hit them all. A couple of the members exited immediately and their soft cries were heard from outside while a teary eyed Lu Han walked over to Sehun and gripped his arm tightly.

          Taeyoung sat motionless beside his precious sister’s deathbed. He stared at her, but he wasn’t seeing her. His eyes were on Miyoung’s face, but anyone watching him could tell that his mind was elsewhere.

          Over and over, the scene played in his mind. He had gotten up. He had left. He should’ve stayed. He should’ve never left. He should’ve taken her back with him. He should’ve taken her home. She was his sister; his only sister. She was his responsibility and it was his fault that she was here now.

          His hands begin to tremble and he gripped her small hand even tighter in his grasp. While doing his best to blink back the tears that had begin to threaten to fall from his eyes again.

          “Sehun.” Lu Han’s voice was tender, soothing, but it had no effect on Sehun who stood still and silent. As the hyung, he could instantly read the unbearable pain that reflected in Sehun’s eyes.

          Sehun refused to let Lu Han comfort him, because it was his entire fault. He was young and stupid. He had told Taeyoung that he’d get Miyoung home. It was a simple task that he had failed to complete. All because he was stubborn and let his anger get the best out of him.

          Nothing could console him now that he knew his last moments spent with her were all in vain.  He regretted it; he regretted interrupting Taeyoung and Miyoung. It would’ve been best if he had waited. He was too hasty and he didn’t try hard enough. He didn’t try hard enough to understand Miyoung and now…now, there was nothing that he could do to make up for it.

          He clenched his jaw and swallowed hard, but the lump was still stuck in his throat. There was no way that he was ever going to forgive himself.

          Baekhyun’s eyes slowly turned to the usually cheerful and talkative girl, who was now standing beside him in complete silence. Eunae stared at her dear best friend’s still body and even though she had a million words to say, not a single sound left her lips.

          He saw the blame in her eyes and gently reached out to take her hand into his. Eunae seemed to snap out of trance and turned back to look at him before he tugged her out of the room with him. Baekhyun took her around the corner to a quieter area.

          “Don’t.” He stated firmly after he stopped and turned back to face her.

          “Don’t what?” Her voice was softer than he had ever heard and he sighed quietly before pulling her into his arms, “Don’t blame yourself. Miyoung wouldn’t like that.” She didn’t respond, but he felt the warm crystal droplets from her eyes start to soak his shirt and pulled her closer.

          “I…was the last one to talk to her…I should’ve told her to wait…I should’ve gone to pick her up instead.” Eunae sobbed faintly into his chest, “I’m her best friend and I knew about her condition. I shouldn’t have been so pushy with her. It’s completely my fault. I should’ve never told her to pursue Sehun. I should’ve—” Baekhyun shushed her and wrapped his arms even tighter around her.


          Sehun loosened his arm from Luhan’s hold and leaned against the wall. He wondered if this was how it felt like to be empty. To feel nothingness, to see nothing, but darkness; it was like the meaning of life had been stripped away from him.

          There was a soft clatter and the door opened before Miyoung’s parents quietly made their way in. Both of their eyes were puffy and red as they headed over to their daughter’s bedside. Mr. Park took Miyoung’s other hand into his own and squeezed it as tears began to fall.

          Mr. Park muffled his sobs while shaking his head and looking down while Mrs. Park reached out and patted Miyoung’s head lovingly. Taeyoung instantly picked up that something was off, “What is it? What did the doctors say?” His voice croaked.

          Mrs. Park only sniffed as a tear slid from her eye and down her cheek, “They said that it be best if we let her go than keep her in this kind of condition.” She pulled back and looked at them all. “Miyoung is no longer with us, so we will be taking her off the machines tomorrow morning.”

          “Eomma—” Taeyoung jumped onto his feet as his eyes widened and tears spilled from his eyes. “No, you can’t—”

          “We don’t want to do it either, Taeyoung.” Mr. Park sniffed as he pulled Miyoung’s hand to his lips and kissed it.

          Sehun and Lu Han only stayed completely still, neither knowing how to react to the news that they were just given. Lu Han glanced at the younger, but Sehun was frozen still. Shock was written all over his face and Lu Han knew that he had to do something, so he swiftly left without a word.

          “We had a very long and thorough talk with them all.” Mrs. Park’s voice shook as she wiped away her tears. “The best decision is to take her off the machines as soon as we would allow, since she has no chance of ever waking up again.”

          Taeyoung gulped and glanced over at Sehun, but nothing could be done. Mrs. Park’s tone had finalized her words and without Mr. Park’s help on their side, Miyoung was going to die tomorrow morning.

          “NO!” The door was swung open and a breathless Eunae stumbled into the room. Their eyes widened and the two boys felt a sense of hope seep into their veins. Sehun glanced at the door before spotting a breathless Lu Han and Baekhyun as well. “Mrs. Park, you can’t!” Eunae’s voice cracked as she hurried over and bowed respectively.

          “Eunae, I know that you’re Miyoung’s best friend, but—” She didn’t get to finish.

          “Please! Please, Mrs. Park!” Tears fell from her eyes and pattered onto the cold floor. “It’s only two more days until Miyoung’s birthday. Please, don’t take her off the machines tomorrow. Please, it’s just two more days.”

          “Eunae,” Mrs. Park pursed her lips together, but didn’t know what to say as Eunae sobbed. “Please, Mrs. Park. Please let me celebrate her last birthday with her. I know that it’s not in my place to ask for this, but I—I…I’m begging you.” Her voice cracked.

          Silence followed, but Eunae kept her head bowed as everyone else looked back to Mrs. Park who also had tears in her eyes. She took a deep breath and turned back to look at her daughter.

          Miyoung would’ve asked for the same thing…She did chose to have her surgery on her birthday after all.

          Mrs. Park’s lips trembled and she sniffed softly as she blinked and tears fell from her eyes. “All right.” Taeyoung let out a relieved sigh as well as Sehun before they both looked back at Eunae. With her head still bowed, Eunae straightened up and nodded, her body shook.

          “We will wait until then.” Mrs. Park confirmed softly and reached out to caress the side of Miyoung’s face. A small and broken cry escaped Eunae’s lips before she dashed out of the room and disappeared. Sehun looked up and saw Baekhyun chase after her before catching Lu Han’s gaze.

          Lu Han nodded wordlessly at him and Sehun returned the silent thanks before looking back to Miyoung and taking a deep breath. Two more days.


This chapter was written by the lovely Eunae, btw. I love her writing, so I asked if she would write this part for me. It's very well-written and, wow, she even got me teary, otl. I'll love her forever! :))

Anyways, here's an update for you...please don't hate me.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))