December 13 – 19 Days

⚜ 27 Days

[Friday December 13 – 19 Days]

          “YES!” Eunae shouted as she barged back into the dorm room, “End of first semester! Congratulations Choi Eunae, you survived!” She laughed as she threw her bag on the ground and collapsed on the chair.  “Ugh, I’m so-oh! Baekhyun texted me!” She sang, “He said-”

          “Hold up…” Miyoung sat up on her bed, “Baekhyun texted you? How long has this been going on? We’ve only hung out once.” She raised a brow at her friend who only chuckled and waved it off, “It was just to keep in touch…with them, you know. And he was the one who asked me, okay!  You act like I wanted his number in the first place.” She smiled before going back to what she was talking about.  “They’re going skating tonight after finals…Kris, Joonmyun, Minseok and the rest of the seniors are treating the freshmen to a night out for finishing first semester.” She stated, Baekhyun invited us and said that Minseok said it was okay…and” she shrugged, “I said we’d come…cause, you know…I deserve a break too.”

          Miyoung moaned, rolling her neck to the side, “Eunaeeeeeeeee-” she faked cried, “I need to pack and clean the dorm before we go back home.” She childishly whined.  Eunae furrowed her brow, “Oh my goodness, Miyoung. It’s 3 in the afternoon, you could have done that while I was gone, and look at you, you’re still in bed, lazy.” She snickered with hands on her hips.

          Miyoung only pursed her lips in reply.  “Get your out of bed and dress yourself nicely in warm clothes.  We’re going to buy-you’re going to buy Sehun something then we’re going to take the bus over to Grand Hyatt ice rink. I guess we’ll just stick around town until he calls me or something.” Eunae says with a shrug as Miyoung climbed down the bed.

          After an hour, the girls were walking down the streets of the street market.  “What am I supposed to get him?” Miyoung muttered as she looked through the hanging items from each store.  Nothing here’s going to be ‘at his level’, and heck, I don’t what to buy him something expensive when we both don’t even like each other.”

          Eunae huffed and groaned, “Fine! Buy him something cheap!” She stated.  Miyoung pursed her lips, “I will! I’ll buy him some useless things like cotton balls and band aids.” She retorted.  There was a sudden cold breeze that swept by, causing them to shiver.

          “AH! Why don’t you buy couple mitten? Or hats! That’d be so cute!” Eunae stated as she walked towards a booth.  She picked up a couple jacket.  “How about this.” She said turning to look at Miyoung who walked up next to her.  “She looked at price, it’s 25000won each, but that isn’t a lot for you…” she said with a shrug, “Plus, there’s no other nice couple things like mittens or hats…socks, maybe.” She picked a striped on up before Miyoung shook her head, “Nah, I’d rather buy the varsity jacket.  It looks nicer.”

          “Right!?”” Eunae agreed, “Get it then!” She chuckled as her phone rang.  “I’ll be back.” She muttered as she walked away to answer it.  Miyoung looked at the color choices, debating on what color would match.  “I’ll just get the black one…” She muttered and picked two jackets, “chogiyo~” She sung before someone came to assist her.

          “Miyoung! We’re going to go eat with them!” Eunae shouted as she jumped by her side, “I guess Baekhyun forgot to tell me…and they’re all waiting at the restaurant for us,” She huffed, “It’s only a couple blocks down.” She stated as  looked at the jackets.  “Oh! I like these!” She sung, “What’s the D supposed to mean?” She cocked her head as she and Miyoung waited for them to hand back the bag.  Miyoung shrugged.  “I can think of some inappropriate things…like dic-’

          “Choi Eunae.” Miyoung groaned before Eunae chuckled, “I’m just kidding, calm down.” She laughed, “Ah! Daeeebak couple!” Her eyes widened, “Wah! I’m so good! Daebak couple.” She stated again.  Miyoung took the bag while shaking her head, “Daebak couple doesn’t even make sense…thank you.” She answered Eunae before bowing her head to the seller.  She turned to Eunae and sighed, “Where are we going now?” she asked as they walked in the cold.

          Eunae shook her head, “Aish, we’re meeting up with the guys at the restaurant…” She sighed, “Just follow.”

          The two girls walked for 15 minutes down the street and around corners.  “Eunae…” Miyoung chattered, “My hands are numb.” Eunae looked over at her friend.  She was shivering even with her jacket zipped and hood over her head.  Eunae nodded, “Me too…we’re almost there…I think.” She scratched her head as she stopped and looked around the shops.  “Let’s just go home…” Miyoung chattered behind her but Eunae shook her head, “It’s only 6, Miyoung…”

          Eunae looked down at the address Baekhyun gave her before looking down a different road, “Come on.” She stated as she walked towards it, moving her head from side to side. After turning the corner a couple minutes later her face brightened, “Ah! I found it!” She smiled and turned around.

          “Miyoung?”

          Eunae furrowed her brows, “Miyoung!?” She shouted as she followed her footsteps back.  She turned the corner and relaxed.  Miyoung was still standing in the same spot, looking around lost.  “Miyoung!” Eunae shouted in relief before the younger one turned and found her standing meters away.  “Didn’t you hear me when I said ‘come on’…” Eunae asked her as they began walking to the restaurant.

          Miyoung shook her head and apologized, “Sorry, I must’ve been out of it, it’s quite cold out.” She shivered as Eunae only sighed, “Okay…” She stated, “We’re here…” she said as she held the door open for her, “It’s warm so it’ll warm you up.” She stated. 

          The two girls were stopped, “Do you guys have-”

          Miyoung stayed silent as Eunae interrupted, “We’re here with a group of guys.” She stated as she looked around, “Ah! Them over there.” She said pointing to the back.  The waitress looked at the guys before giving her a look, “Sure…” She nodded her head before gesturing them to follow her.

          “These ladies say they’re with you?”

          “Ne! They are!” Minseok shouted.  “I was going to come out and look for you girls.” Baekhyun stated, “Sorry, forgot you guys don’t hang around this area.”  Eunae shook her head, “It’s no problem at all.” She sighed finally in a warm place.

          The waitress left the group as Eunae and Miyoung got situated.  “Miyoung sit here.” Lu Han got up and moved a seat down.  Sehun only rolled his eyes and groaned.  Eunae sat in between Baekhyun and Minseok.  “Was it cold out?” Kyungsoo asked looking at the two girls, “Miyoung’s cheeks are bright red and your nose is red.” He said looking at Eunae who shivered just thinking about it.  “Yeah, it’s getting a bit colder out since it’s getting dark.”  She replied.

          “We just ordered a bunch of food. Dig in.” Chanyeol stated, “If you want something else, we can order it.” he added but the two girls shook their heads, “this’ll be fine.” Eunae sighed looking at the table, “thanks.”

          They engaged with the guys at the table fairly easily, Eunae did anyways.  Miyoung sat and ate her food quietly.  “You okay?” Lu Han lightly nudged her before she nodded, “yeah, I’m fine.  I just…I don’t know, I don’t like talk when I eat…I like to enjoy my food.” She shrugged with a shy smile.  Lu Han nodded his head, “Ahh…the guys are always loud.” He replied.

          “That’s so weird.”

          Miyoung turned her head to the other side.  Sehun didn’t look at her but continued to eat.  “Excuse me?” She raised a brow at the boy.  “Just because I don’t do something you find appealing doesn’t mean it’s weird.” She stated, “How would you even know what weird is? You could be the weird one.” She huffed before facing forward again.

          She swallowed as her heart raced.  Miyoung was never one to speak out unless it was to someone she knew, someone close to her.  Her whole body seemed hot, like she needed some cold breeze to come by at that moment.

          “That was so funny…” Jongdae chuckled, hiding his laugh behind his hands.  Sehun looked at him and narrowed his eyes.  “Oh Sehun, you’re not intimidating.” He laughed before others joined.  He straightened and put his silverware down.  “I need some air.” He muttered bitterly before leaving the table.

          Miyoung turned her head, her eyes following him out.  “Wait-Sehun.” She stood up but Lu Han touched her arm, “Let him go.” He sighed, “He needs to have a little fun.” He smiled before she sat down.  Miyoung looked at Lu Han as the rest of the table ignored them.  “I feel bad.” She muttered while turning her head away.

          “He’ll be fine, don’t worry about.” He assured but Miyoung only shook her head, “I can’t, Lu Han.” She took a quick glance behind her again, “I’m worried…I don’t want him to be mad at me…I just wanted to speak out, I seriously thought he was going to come back with some witty comment about me.” She muttered before slouching back in her chair.

          The two went silent for a minute.  Lu Han sighed, he just spoke badly about you and you're worried about him?  “I’ll go get him…” Lu Han stated, “Hurry and eat.  You’re going to need strength to go skating.” He stated as he got up from the seat.

          Sehun was standing outside in the cold holding his phone.  “What are you doing?” Lu Han asked as he stood next to him.  He looked down and caught a name, “Soojung?”  He looked at Sehun before furrowing his brows, “What are you planning?”

          Sehun shook his head, “nothing, hyung.” He muttered but the older one didn’t listen, “Sehun, you don’t like Soojung…I know that, and if you’re suddenly talking to her, you’re planning something.” Lu Han crossed his arms over his chest before shivering, “Just give her a chance, she seems nice and she actually likes you.” He stated, “Stop being an immature brat and go inside and eat so we can leave and have some fun.” Lu Han slapped the latter’s arm before he groaned. “Ahhh, hyung~~” he whined as he followed the older one back inside with a pout.


          They all walked towards the ice rink in a large group, laughing and joking around with one another.  Eunae fitted well with the group but Miyoung was lagging in the back, being her quiet self in front of them.

          “I don’t want to, hyung.”

          “Go.”

          Sehun huffed and slowed down.  Miyoung kept her eyes on the ground, walking slowly.  All she wanted to do was sit in a café and drink hot chocolate to warm her body up.

          “Why are you walking so slow?” A cold yet soft voice asked her.  She looked up in surprised to see Sehun taking matching steps with her.  “Wh-what?” She croaked surprised before suddenly tripping over her own feet.

          “Ahh—” She fell on all fours, her hands breaking the fall.  “Aish!” Sehun groaned, “Are you okay?”  He asked her before grabbed her from the ground.  “Ah! Miyoung!”  She lifted her head to see Kyungsoo and Minseok running back towards them.  “I told them to go ahead…” Jongin huffed before looking at Sehun, “What’d you do, Sehun!?” He stated as he caught up.  Sehun made a face, “I didn’t do anything.  This clumsy girl tripped.” He defended and looked at Miyoung for help.

          She swallowed, wiping her knees and dusting off her hands.  “Ne, I fell.” She muttered quietly.  Kyungsoo sighed, “Be careful.” He stated as he leaned down, “What’s this?” He asked as he picked up the jacket that fell out from the bag.  “Ah!” Miyoung bit her lip, “It’s nothi-"

          “A men’s jacket.” He stated, “It looks warm…” He turned around and opened it up in front of Sehun.  Minseok grabbed the bag from the ground and curiously snuck a look before his own eyes widened, “Couple jackets!” He said as he pulled out a women’s jacket that looks the same.  “Wahh!” Minseok and Jongin chuckled.  Sehun groaned, rolling his eyes. 

          “It’s nice, Miyoung!” Jongin grabbed Sehun’s jacket from Kyungsoo and held it up to him, “Wah, Daebaek.” He grinned before noticing the D letterman, “Wah, Daebak couple!?” He shoved the jacket into Sehun’s hand.  “Daebaek couple doesn’t even make sense…” Sehun muttered while glancing at Miyoung who went silent from embarrassment.

          “Come on, let’s go before they start worrying.” Sehun stated, saving her from further questioning.  “AH! Of course!” Minseok chimed, “I wanted to go skating anyways…”

          After a couple minutes they made it to the rink.  Some of the guys were already laced up when they caught up with them.  “Ppali!” Jongdae an Baekhyun sung as they raced out onto the rink together.  “Wait!” Chanyeol shouted before tripping.  He groaned as the rest of the group erupted in laughter.  “Yeah, yeah…we’ll see who’s laughing when we’re all playing tag on ice, losers.” He stated before stepping inside the rink.

          Eunae walked over in her skate, “Are you going to go?” She asked Miyoung who shook her head, “Nah, never been much of a skater…plus…yeah, I have to watch over these.” She said lifting her bag.  Eunae nodded, “Alright then. Why don’t you go wait in the café then, it’s warmer in there.” She stated as she nodded her head in the direction.  Miyoung followed her nod and sighed, “yeah, I’ll do that.” She smiled, “Have fun, Eunae…you deserved it.”

          Miyoung leaned back against the chair waiting for everyone to get on the rink before leaving.  Lu Han walked over and sat down, “Are you really not going to go skating? The staffs can watch your things, and it’s the end of the finals, have some fun.” He chuckled as Miyoung smiled.

          “Hmmm, I’m already clumsy walking on flat ground, I can’t imagine what kind of trips I’ll be doing on ice.” Miyoung replied with a light chuckle.  Lu Han puffed, blowing his bangs, “I guess Sehun will have to sit this one out.” He stated loud enough for the latter to hear. Sehun turned around quickly, “Hell no, I’m not sitting this out!” Sehun protested, but Lu Han shrugged, “Well, it’s either you sit out with Miyoung or you drag her out with you…” He gave Sehun a cunning grin before stepping on ice, “See you later~!” He sung.

          Miyoung slowly turned her head to face Sehun who glared at her.  “Lace up.” He hissed.  She straightened at his tone.  His eyes made it down to her feet before he walked over to the counter and muttered something to the staff.  She watched him as he came back with skates in his hands.  He threw the shoes down in front of her, “lace up.” He stated against but Miyoung shook her head, “I’m not going out there.”

          “God! You always ruin things for me!” He huffed, “I just ended first semester of my freshmen year; I want to go have fun.” He stated.  Miyoung furrowed her brows, “Then go have fun!” She shouted, “No one’s stopping you , Sehun.” She softened her voice and swallowed, “I’m sorry…” she hung her head low and apologized, “I’ve never gone skating before.” She stated.

          Sehun closed his eyes and counted to 10 before opening them again.  He kneeled down in front of her and took off her shoes.  Miyoung only stared back at him with wide eyes.  What are you doing…?

          “It’s fun…trust me.” He whispered as he began lacing up her skates, sighing in relief for guessing her size.  “Just leave the bag tucked under the bench with your shoes, no one will take it.” He muttered as he got up, “Come on.” He said as he walked ahead of her.  Miyoung’s heart rate increased dramatically.  She was not ready to face the ice.

          “Sehun, I’m not going.” She stated, “Just go ahead.” She added before Sehun stopped and turned around.  “You don’t know Lu Han.” He groaned, “When he says something, he means it, and if he gives me an order, I have to follow through because I do not want to get on his bad side.” which I have been for the past couple of days because of you…

          He walked over and grabbed her wrist, dragging her onto the ice with him.  Miyoung squeezed her eyes shut, wanting to cry.  I’m going to die, I’m going die.  She cried in her head.  Once she stepped on the rink she immediately reached out for the walls, holding tightly to it.  Don’t fall.

          “Let go.” Sehun sighed in annoyance, “Come on, even little kids are skating freely.”  But Miyoung wouldn’t budge, “go ahead…I’m fine here.” She said in a shaky voice.  Sehun rolled his eyes, I didn’t sign up to be a baby-sitter.  He grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the center of the ring.  Her hands curled into fist as she whimpered silently.  He let go of her as they came to a stop.  “It wasn’t that bad-”

          “Get me off the ice, Sehun.” Her breathing was now heavy and her eyes were full of fear.  “You haven’t even tried it…it’s fun trust me.” He stated again but Miyoung didn’t listen.  “I’ll teach you…just take tiny steps and let your body go, it’ll slide.” He demonstrated.  He did it a couple more times before going faster and suddenly falling after a while.  Miyoung brought her hands to and gasped, “Sehun!” She shouted but stayed standing in the same place.

          Sehun got up from the ground laughing, “Fallings half the fun!” He shouted as he skated back to her which she appreciated because he didn’t leave her.  “I can’t fall.” Miyoung stated as he neared.  “Of course you can fall.” He lifted a finger to push her but she slapped it away, “Sehun!” She protested before gasping again, “I’m sorry!” She bowed her head then lifted it, “But I swear, if you push me-”

          “If you’re not planning on falling, why did you come on in the first place.” He asked her before she groaned, “You dragged me!” Idiot!

          Slowly, Miyoung turned around.  “Where are you going?” he asked.  “Back.” She shouted as she took tiny steps towards the outer ring. 

          MIYOUNGGG~~~

          She turned her head at the call of her name; her eyes widening as she saw Jongdae and Minseok skating quickly towards her.  Her whole body froze, tensed up and her eyes automatically squeezing shut.  “Miyoung~!!” Minseok sung as he embraced her and they twirled around on the ice.  Her feet stuttered accidentally colliding with Minseok.  She gasped loudly before clutching onto his jacket as they fell onto the ice.

          She fell onto her side. Her head was saved from hitting the ice by her arm, but the pain from the force was still ricocheting inside her head.

          “Miyoung!” Minseok rolled up and touched her arm as Sehun and Jongdae quickly skated over.  “Hyung!” Sehun scolded.  “I didn’t mean to!” Minseok defended, “are you okay?” he asked Miyoung who was slow to respond.  “I’ll take care of her.” Sehun muttered as Minseok stood up, “I’m sorry, Miyoung.” He stated before Sehun shooed him away.

          Sehun crouched down in front of the girl, “…see, falling wasn’t that bad.” He stated.  Miyoung furrowed her brows, unable to believe the words that just left his mouth.  She covered her forehead with her hand as her breathing returned to normal.  She was feeling dizzy from the fall now.  Miyoung swallowed before brushing her bangs aside.  Then Sehun noticed it, a thin streak of tear left on her cheek.

          “Ar-are you hurt?” He asked softly, extending his hand out to her but she quickly slapped it away with no apology.  She turned away and attempted to get up but slipped on the ice.  Sehun quickly caught her and helped her up.  Miyoung shrugged him away before she slowly started back to the outside.  Sehun stood behind, feeling guilty.  You should at least help her back.

          Sehun groaned, But I want to skate.  He argued stubbornly.

          “Exo TAG!! Meet in the middle!!!!” He heard a couple of the guys shout as they skated around.  “COUPLE EDITION!” They added.  Sehun furrowed his brow before glancing at Miyoung who was only a couple meters away from him.  With 2 strides he slid up to her side, “Miyoung, I’m sorry, okay?” he quickly apologized, “Just…please, can you not? For me?” He added, knowing he might just get his way.

          Miyoung looked up at him.  “We’re playing couple tag…” Sehun muttered, “If you play, I promise I won’t let you fall.” He stated as they looked each other in the eyes.  “I keep my promises.”  His eyes softened before he broke out into an adorable grin.

          Miyoung closed her eyes, wanting to punch it off his face.  “Fine.” She muttered before she heard him shout, “Assa!” She opened her eyes and saw him skating off towards the middle.  She furrowed her brows, “Oh, what the hell.” She cursed.  “’I keep my promises’ my .” She muttered bitterly as she reluctantly made her way over.  She felt a suddenly cold wind wash by and she tensed up, rubbing her frozen hands together.

          “Sehun!” her teeth chattered.  You idiot.  He quickly skated over.  Miyoung slapped him as he stop next to her, “I’m freezing cold, and you said you wouldn’t let me fall!” Sehun made a confused look, “I won’t…” he grinned, “you haven’t fallen yet, so I’m doing good.” He chuckled childishly.  Something inside Miyoung made her relaxed.  This was the first time seeing him so happy.

          “You’re cold?” Sehun asked as he looked down, “Don’t you have gloves?” He stated as he skated slowly towards the middle with Miyoung tailing him slowly by herself.  She shook her head, “No…I don’t.” she answered him which only caused him to roll his eyes, “Well, you should’ve bought yourself some gloves than couple jacket.” He snickered.

          Her tongue glided across her teeth, “Well, maybe I wanted someone to hold my hands!” She shouted, her eyes widening at her own statement.  She went silent, wanting to beat herself for the blunt comment.  Sehun tsked as he skated back to her with a smug grin.  He took off his left mitten and gave it to her to wear before grabbing her right hand tightly and putting it in his pocket.  She turned to look at him with wide eyes as he looked down at her, “I keep my promises…I won’t let you fall.”

          Sehun would slow his speed according to Miyoung as she gave his hand a light squeeze, and the rest of the night they skated hand in hand whether they both wanted to or not. 

 


Heeheee, lol, Sehun and Miyoung…dun dun dun, omg, otl

Ah, the story…it’s called 27 days, but if you start the countdown from when I started, it’ll end on the 31 of December and not the 27, fyi (random…)  thank you for your comments! I enjoy reading them, honestly. Lol

Ahh, I feel like the chapters are either fast or long, or fast and really long…because each chapter takes place within a day, I hope you guys don’t mind.

Also, the ice rink is huge, so don't scold Eunae for not being there or something, plus Miyoung said she wasn't even going to go on the ice. And gahh, I really wanted to write the skating tag parts too but figured it was already so long, I'd probably not. *sigh

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))