December 31 - And Onwards (Alt#2)

⚜ 27 Days

 *Incredibly long chapter ahea...I'm sorry if it gets boring.


[Tuesday December 31 – 12:05 PM; 7 Minutes] 

          There was no one up on the deck.  It was extremely cold and windy out, but it indeed helped Sehun open his mind and think.  He sat on the ground, leaning against the glass windows from the outside. 

          The music box played next to him, the necklace around his neck.  His eyes were closed, nerves relaxed. His finger ran across the soft petals of the flower, imaging it as soft as Miyoung’s cheeks. Miyoung had taken over his mind; Miyoung’s smile, Miyoung’s laugh, Miyoung this, and Miyoung that.  How long would it be to fill his heart again?  The emptiness inside him that ate him up, how long would it take to feel whole again?

          The cold wind whipped his cheeks causing a shiver to run down his spine.  What was going to happen after this?  Would he still be able to live his life normally? Sehun adjusted his hood around his head, sighing heavily.  The world he knew was now broken, and he could take nothing back.

          He opened his eyes and looked at the watch around his wrist, 7 Minutes left.

          Swallowing, he stood up and began looking for Miyoung’s locket in the many thousands that were hanging on the railings.  He needed to find it before 12:12; he had to lock his right next to hers as they took her off the machines.

          Sehun was shivering from the cold; only a couple more minutes and she’ll be gone.  “Where would you have put it…?” he asked himself, trying to put himself in her shoes.  If Miyoung made a locket, she would have placed it somewhere where she can remember, somewhere high, somewhere low… Sehun turned around and saw the corner rail, “or somewhere alone…” he walked over, hoping that hers would be over there. 

          His lips curved into a small smile as he found the one with his name on it at the bottom of the railing.  He ran his thumb over the heart, reading the words she wrote to him.

Oh Sehun,

We’re both stubborn and we argue a lot, but I like you so don’t leave me.

Park Miyoung

131227

          Sehun his lips and pressed them thin, fighting back his tears.  He took his locket from his jacket pocket and hung it right next to hers.  This was it.  He looked at his watch, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 *click

          He locket it on the railing and leaned back to look at it.  Looking into the sky, he closed his eyes.  A cool breeze came by then everything seemed to settle down as if that was her last breath.  How could this time be both so saddening and happy at the same time?  This moment, he would remember forever.  No matter how painful the memory is, he would want to remember her and everything that she came with.  Happy Birthday, my happiness…you were the one to leave first…but I won’t ever leave you.

          It was now 12:14PM, they would have pulled the plug, and she would have been gone by now.  He could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket, but he wouldn’t let worldly distractions get him from thinking about only her.  Sehun ran his thumb over his locket, the one right next to hers.  He put the stem of the tulips through the opening between the railing and the lock, letting it sit there.

          There was a sense of clarity that filled his heart and mind.  His heart was no longer afraid of what the future would bring him; knowing that Miyoung was out there, watching him, guiding him, only soothed him.  When he felt lost, he knew that Miyoung would there to lead him home.  Even though the two had known each other for such a small amount of time, he knew that Miyoung loved the outdoors.  Whenever he needed guidance he would be able to find it in world around him, hidden in the sun. 

          His phone vibrated in his pocket and again, he let it go off without an answer.  Sehun ran his fingers through his hair.  This place would be theirs.  The observation deck would be the place he would come to find the answers he needed to get through life.

          Sehun stood up from the ground and returned to the music box; picking it up, he closed it shut.  He turned his head and looked to the sky, slowly walking back to where the lockets were placed by the corner of the railing.  He didn’t want to leave, but he knew that whenever he needed to feel free, to feel calm again, he could always return to this spot right here. 

         With one last look around the deck he left it feeling more at ease than when he arrived.  Now what?  What was he supposed to do? Return home or go back to the hospital to help her parents cope?  Sehun walked out into the cold winter air.  The wind bit his cheeks as he started towards the bus stop.

         “YAH! Oh Sehun!”  He turned his head in the direction his name was called in, startled to see Eunae sprinting towards him, “Why aren’t you answering your phone!?” She shouted and ran up to him, grabbing his arms and dragging him on a run with her.  Sehun looked over at her and furrowed his brows, “What’s wrong!?” He shouted, already out of breath in this short run.  “She’s breathing!”


          The two were breathless when they ran into her room.  Miyoung’s parents were by the bedside, holding each other tightly.  Taeyoung shot up in his seat when Sehun and Eunae came running in.  “What happened!?” Sehun came in panting hard.  He walked over to the bedside and sat in the chair, staring at a sleeping Miyoung.

         Taeyoung also stared at his younger sister, “they pulled the plug at 12:12…we wanted to give her a bit more time before the doctors wrote down her time of death, so we waited.” Taeyoung paused for a bit as a faint smiled spread across his face, “and suddenly, we heard the heart monitor beeping to her heartbeat.  It-it was really a miracle.  She just miraculously started breathing on her own.  The doctors quickly did some tests on her and she’s fine.” Taeyoung looked away and to Sehun whose eyes were still glued to his sister.

         “Because all her vital signs are still good and healthy they’re still going to do the surgery on her.  They’re preparing right now and they’ll be here in a bit to take her into the emergency room.”  Taeyoung added lastly.  The room went back to its silence.  Sehun’s heartbeat was beating rapidly and his palms were sweaty.

          His miracle, his love…his happiness came back.

         Sehun ran his fingers through his hair then covered his face in his palms.  This was a crazy day, yes, but he was overwhelmed with joy.   He walked up to her bedside, “is she…?”  He didn’t know what to say.

            “Sleeping…the doctors say she can hear us…maybe, and that we should talk to her before they perform the surgery on her.” Taeyoung spoke and Sehun nodded his head.  The smile on his face would not go away.  His hands brushed her bangs back then caressed her soft cheeks.  “Hey…welcome back…you know.  You really gave me a heart attack, playing around like that—don’t do it again.  I won’t leave you so stop worrying, kay?  You’re not going to get rid of me that easily.”  He chuckled as he grabbed onto her hands.  There were no words to explain how he felt at that moment.  He had her back—

            The doors opened into the room.  2 doctors walked in accompanied by some nurses.  “She’s well enough for us to perform the surgery on her, and the room is ready.” One stated before Miyoung’s parents walked over to the bedside.  Sehun quickly leaned down and placed a light kiss on her forehead, “I’ll be waiting for you.” He stated softly before moving away so everyone else can say something before the doctors wheeled her away.


[Thursday January 9, 2014]

            It was a week after the surgery and Miyoung’s condition was better.  “She is responding well and allowed to leave after a few more days and a couple more tests.  Her recent memories are cloudy but she’s trying to remember.  Her motor skills and speech skills are lacking, but with some therapy, she’ll be able to retrieve everything.”  Her primary doctor spoke, “I suggest that you guys don’t force anything on her because of the state she’s in; she could hyperventilate due to pressure and the fact that she can’t speak well will only frustrate her even more.”

            Sehun casted his eyes down.  He felt someone’s hand on his shoulders, “It’ll be fine.  You can start over with her.” He heard Baekhyun’s voice behind him.  Taeyoung and Eunae hummed an agreement before Mrs. Park spoke up.  “When will she be discharged?  Therapy in her own home will be more comforting than the hospital.” She stated and the doctor nodded, “Of course, I agree as well.  If she passes the tests we’ll be running on her tomorrow, she should be home sometime during the weekend.” The doctor said hopefully. 

          He stated some more things about her condition before leaving them.  They all returned to the room where Miyoung was lying in.  She was lying on the large bed, head turned towards the TV.  “Miyoung, darling.” Her mother said softly and her head slowly turned.  She looked incredibly tired, worn out.  Sehun has never seen her so drained before.  She looked more peacefully lying in the bed before the surgery than she does now.

          Miyoung’s eyes scanned the many faces in the room, only recognizing four of them.  “Dear, are you hungry?” Her father asked as he made his way to her bedside along with his wife.  But Miyoung stayed silent unsure of how to answer.  “Please, talk to us? At least try to…uh?” Her mother gently grabbed her hands, giving them a small squeeze.  But still no response. 

          Baekhyun, Eunae and Sehun walked over, standing behind Taeyoung.  “Hi Miyoung!” Eunae said cheerfully, “Blink once for yes and twice for no, okay? It’ll be easier than trying to move…Now, are you hungry?” She asked, “And don’t lie to me!” She stated with a pout.  The mood quickly lightened.  Miyoung slowly blinked twice and everyone relaxed.  Mrs. Park looked over at Eunae who looked up and met her eyes, ‘you’re a life saver, Eunae.’ She mouthed and Eunae smiled softly then looked at Miyoung.  “Are you bored?” Eunae shoved her way through and sat on the large bed, crossing her legs.  “I’ll be crashing at your place until the new semester starts so it’ll never be boring.”

          Taeyoung, the boys and Miyoung’s parents watched as Eunae spoke to Miyoung so happily, cheerfully as if nothing happened.  They were all thankful for a girl like her, and even if no one said anything, Eunae knew it as well.


[Friday March 18, 2014]

          It’s been 3 months since the successful surgery.  Everyone around her has been focusing their attention on getting her better.  She had many therapists helping her learn-relearn the skills she lost.  Eunae and Sehun stopped visiting because of the new semester.  Things were crazy at the house.

          It was the same routine over and over, every day for 7 days.  Physical therapy for 3 hours and a lunch break before resuming for another hour.  After he leaves, another physical therapist comes who focuses more on hand eye coordination than walking.  After her is Miyoung’s speech therapist.

          “Maaa…” Miyoung croaks and her mother rushes over, “yes?” she knees in front of Miyoung so that they’re at eye level, “I…” Miyoung furrows her brows, “I’m hun-gerrr-ry.” She finishes and smiles as he mothers hugs her proudly, “Of course…I’ll be back with—” She stops when Miyoung shakes her head.  She smiles at her mom and grabs onto her arms for support as she tries to get up. 

          After the 3rd attempt, Miyoung was walking into the kitchen with her mother.  “Are you craving anything in particular?” Her mother asks and she only shakes her head.  The maids straighten as Miyoung and her mother walk into the kitchen.  “Hi, Miss Park.” One of the youngest maids, but still older than Miyoung sang, and the girl smiled back.  “Dear,” Miyoung’s mother looks at one of the maids, “Prepare something for us to eat? Will you?” and the maid nods, getting to work as the two settle on the island bar stools.

          Miyoung turned her head towards the foyer.  “That’s probably Eunae, dear. I’ll be right back.”  Her mother dashed off into the next room over and returned a while later.  “Miyooouunggg!!!!!” Eunae’s voice rang throughout the house.  Miyoung smiled brightly as her friend ran into the kitchen.  “Dude! I have soo much to tell you!” Eunae shouts and settles in the seat next to her.  “Oh, Sehun and Baekhyun are here too.” Eunae mutters, “but who really cares about them?” She chuckles and shrugs at the same time.

          “Yah! We can hear you!” Baekhyun’s shouts are heard next and Miyoung turns her head towards the entrance.  Baekhyun…Eunae’s boyfriend.  She reminds herself.  Her eyes travel to the taller one, the blonde one with the shy smile.  Sehun, Baekhyun’s friend.

          “How are you, Miyoung?” Baekhyun asks as he walks over and leans on the island counter; Sehun follows and does the same.  Miyoung’s eyebrows cave in and she swallows, “Good. I…am good.” She finishes with a strong smile and takes notice of everyone else’s reaction.  “Girl—”

          “Dear, your father needs to run to the office; I’ll be going with him.” Miyoung’s mother pops her head into the kitchen, “kids, I trust her with you.” She narrows her eyes but smiles.  “Of course!” They all shout as she chuckles and leaves them be.

          “Miyoung, there are so many new exchange student this semester, but there’s this one guy in my class…he is sooo cute! He’s from California and he is sooo damn good looking!” Eunae starts, “he’s Chinese, I think, I'm not sure...but his name is Mark Tuan, and he is hellllaa fine!” Eunae squeals and Miyoung just laughs.  Baekhyun scowls when Eunae takes a short pause. “Yah! Your boyfriend is right here!” He makes his presence known, but Eunae just shrugs, “I know.” She grins but then another thought comes to her mind and she straightens, “Ah! I forgot…I had to go drop something off at the postal office before it closes.” She looks over at Baekhyun, “Bae—drive me.” She says and looks over at Sehun then back at her boyfriend.

          “Wh-what? Uhh—yeah, sure.” Baekhyun looks lost as Eunae drags him out of the kitchen.  “We’re going to drop by at café and buy some sweets too…we’ll be back later!” Eunae shouts and Miyoung just nods her head, unable to get up and do anything.

          When she hears the door close, Miyoung looks over at Sehun who’s standing awkwardly by the counter.  The girl looks over and points outside.  “Patio…do you want…?” But she shakes her head and sighs, “no,” She talks to herself as she looks away from Sehun.  Not a moment later, she smile and looks at the confused boy.  “Do…? Do you want to go to the p-patio?”

          Eunae and Baekhyun left Sehun alone with Miyoung for a reason.  Sehun smiles and nods.  She’s so cute when she’s focusing hard.  He sees Miyoung struggling and unconsciously reaches a hand out and she takes it immediately.  Sehun’s smile widens as he snakes his arms around the girl and helps her to the patio.

          Miyoung’s heart suddenly flutters.  She doesn’t look down but feels his hand rested on her waist as he helps her up and out to the patio.  Slowly, her cheeks begin to feel heat and the words in her mind begin to disappear.  What is this? She thinks.  I’ve only known this guy for 2 months and we don’t even talk much…but why am I so attracted to him?

          “Thank you.” She mutters shyly as he sits her down on a couch.  Sehun takes a seat across from her.  He clears his throat from his nervousness, “So…uhh—Miyoung.” He starts as he fiddles with his fingers; his gaze is looking down, unable to meet her eyes.  “Uhh—how is therapy going?”  He finally looks up when he finishes.  The girl’s head is tilted off to the side; her lips are pursed and she wrinkles her nose.  “Is fine.” She smiles, “I should be okay, they said, in more months.”  Miyoung is nervously fiddling with the ends of her shirt.

          “Your-uhh-your speech is getting a lot better.” Sehun comments and Miyoung blushes.  “Thank-thank you.”  The patio door creaks open, “Miss, some sweets before we serve the meal.”  A maid walks in and sets it on the table between the two.  She was going to set one on a small plate for Miyoung, but Sehun interrupts.  “I’ll do it.” he says quickly.  The maid nods and leaves them be. 

          Sehun gets up and Miyoung reaches her hand out, “Wait-where..”  She looks down to the ground and clears , thinking about how to word her sentence.  Secretly, Sehun smiles at her cuteness, “I’m just going to turn the lights on; it’s getting darker.”  He chuckles as he goes on over to the wall and flicks the light switch on.  Sehun expected the ceiling lights to turn on and light the room, but instead the walls lit up with light from the lanterns hanging around the patio.  The dim lights create a soft, romantic atmosphere, and Sehun blushes to himself as he walks back.

          “Uhh, sorry.” He hears Miyoung mutter, “I read in here…sometimes.” She sits up and scoots over to the table.  She lifts her arms out, her hands grab onto the plate and the small tong but her hands fail her and they fall back onto the table with a clink and a clonk.  Sehun hears her sigh and he sits next to her.  He grabs the things instead, “Sweet bun or mochi?” He says and looks over.  Miyoung purses her lips, “Mochi” She says with a sudden bright smile and he places one on the plate before turning to her once more.

          Miyoung reaches out to grab the plate from his hands but Sehun just smiles and shakes his head.  He lifts and sweets off the plate and towards , “I’ll feed you.” He says and immediately Miyoung’s cheeks turn a bright red.  Her face feels hot and she goes speechless.  Why would a guy want to feed me? –Oh, don’t think too much about it, Miyoung.

          Slowly, she opens and takes a small bite into the sweet mochi. “Do you like these?” Sehun asks her and she nods, her lips.  “Mmm,” she hums and smiles adorably, “I love these.” She says and turns to look at Sehun.  He returns a smile and lifts her hands to her lips, wiping the corner to rid it of the powder.  “I never knew…” he says quietly and Miyoung furrows her brows.  “Well…of-of course. We never knew each other—wait-we have only known each other for a few months.” She gives a crooked smile and opens again.

          Sehun swallows, cute. He thinks and feeds her again.  “I guess you’re right…” he mutters under his breath.  “You like bubble tea though, right?” he says and reads her face as she makes a sour face.  “I don’t like bubble tea.” She says and it makes Sehun freeze.  But I thought—

          He looks up when the patio door opens.  Baekhyun and Eunae’s grinning faces show though the screen door.  “Let’s eat dinner!” Eunae says and Sehun sets the plate down.  Immediately, he gets up and helps Miyoung as well before they walk to the door to have dinner together.


[Saturday June 7, 2014]

          “Miyoung!” Eunae shouts her name through the phone, “Sehun is in front of your house. He’s picking you up and we’ll meet you guys at the beach, okay?” Miyoung heard the girl giggle and say something to Baekhyun before she hung up.  “Mom!” Miyoung shouts as she hurries down the stairs, “He’s here and I’ll be back later, okay!?” She puts her shoes on before standing straight, waiting for her mother to answer her back.

          “Okay! Have fun and be careful!” She hears her mother’s voice from the other living room before leaving the house.

          “Hey~” Miyoung chimes as she slips into the passenger seat of Sehun’s car.  The boy grins back at his crush, “You ready?” He says and before she could answer, he starts driving off.

          They make it to the beach, settling down by the light house.  Miyoung sits down, searching for her phone in her bag. Sehun comes from behind her, “Do you want to go for a walk?” He asks her and she looks up, smiling.  Sehun reaches a hand down for her and she grabs it before he pulls her up. 

          “Can I check your car for my phone, really quick?” Miyoung says once she’s off the ground.  “Yeah, I’ll walk—”

          “No, it’s fine! I just-it’ll be quick, promise—I promise.” She looks at him pleadingly and Sehun sighs with a smile, “the keys.” He says and she grabs the from him before running towards the car.

          She looks on the dashboard, car pockets and on the floor of the car before searching between the seats.  There’s a piece of paper and she decides to move it before better view.  When she lifts it from the cracks, her eyes are drawn to the words and she begins to read unconsciously.

December 26, 2013

Dear you,

            If you’re reading this letter, that only means one thing…that I liked you enough to tell you about what is going to happen…or what has already happened…I don’t know…but anyways, umm…this is a bit awkward because we always argue, but that was because I was having a hard time debating on whether or not I wanted to tell you about this operation.  I know I lied to you about a lot of things…but honestly, I wasn’t sure if you actually liked me back or not, so I held back.

          Immediately, she crumbles the paper and throws it to the driver’s seat.  You shouldn’t be reading that, Miyoung! She scolds herself, “it’s not yours.” She hisses.  A few seconds later, she finds her phone.  She opens it and reads an unread text from Eunae.

Ey, girly, we won’t be able to make it. The dumb boyfriend got a flat tire and we’re being driven back to the shop for a repair.  Have fun with Sehun though! Love ya!

          Miyoung sighs before stepping out of the car and closing the door behind her.

          “Did you find it?” Sehun meets her halfway and she gives him a soft smile, “Yeah, I did.  Also, Eunae texted me, she said that they got a flat tire on their way here so they won’t be joining us.” Miyoung’s lips purse in a pout and Sehun’s heart flutters against his ribcage.  That was all a lie… He thinks, they’re out watching a movie right now.

          Miyoung puts her phone in her back pocket then turns to Sehun and smiles, “Oh well! Their lost, right?” She grabs his hands and pulls him towards the shore of the beach area causing his heart to beat rapidly and cheeks to flush red.

          They walked along the beach, near the shore line.  Miyoung would occasionally kick water at Sehun and he’d just take it, smiling.  She’s so playful now, or maybe this is actually her.  Sehun grins and slips his hands into his pocket, suddenly feeling a cold string of metal.  Oh… Sehun pulls out the necklace; it’s time to give it back.

          “Hey, Miyoung!” He shouts at the girl ahead of him.  She turns around at the call of her name.  The light breeze flows through her hair as she turns her head and smiles at the boy.  “I want to give you something!” Sehun jogs on over while Miyoung stands where she is.  He lifts the necklace up to show her, “I want to give this to you.  The necklace comes with something else too, but I’ll give it to you later.”

          He watches as Miyoung’s eyes widen and smile spreads wider across her face.  “Here, let me help you.”  Sehun unclasped the lock and s his hands around her neck.  He took a step closer until he was standing over her; Miyoung unconsciously leaned her forehead on his chest and Sehun’s heart flutters once again.  He cleared his thoughts and clasped the necklace around her neck before taking a step back. 

          Sehun looked at Miyoung, catching her confused look.  “You-you’re just going to give this to me?” she stutters as she runs her hand down the pendant.  Sehun nods with a satisfied grin, “It’s something special to me and I want to give it to you because…well, because you’re someone special to me.” he breathes softly and continues to lovingly stare into her deep brown eyes.  Suddenly, she throws her arms around his neck, hugging him which surprises him.  He stands shocked at the unexpected gesture. 

          He was about to wrap his arms around her but she pushes him back and once again confuses him.  He looks down to see her brows knitting together, “Wait—but a letter in your car and don’t—oh.” She clasps her hands over and gives Sehun a shock and nervous expression, “never mind…” she mutters and turns on her heel, “Thanks for the necklace, anyways.”  A sigh escaped Sehun lips as he dejectedly follows her back to the car.

          They make it back to the car; Sehun goes to turn on the A.C. first before helping Miyoung put the things back in the trunk.  The first thing that catches his eyes is the crumbled up paper on the floor of the driver’s seat.  He starts the engine then grabs it, unfolding it to see what it was. 

          Sehun hears Miyoung humming to a song in the back as he opens the paper.  “Wh-what?” His eyes narrows as he sees the words, the letter that Miyoung wrote to him months ago.  “Why is this here…” he mutters to himself, clearly remembering leaving it in the compartment between the seats.  Then it hits him.  This must have been the letter than Miyoung was talking about.  She must have not read through the whole thing… he thinks to himself before quickly folding it up nicely and tucking it back safely. 

          After a snack and some walking down Myeongdong, Sehun returned her home.  “Oh and this, Miyoung.” Sehun reaches behind his seat and takes out a gift.  “I know you’ll like this.” he says and Miyoung smiles the smile he could never get tired of seeing.  “Th-thanks…” she takes it from his hand then bows her head before closing the door.  Sehun waits in the car until the door to her house opens.  She turns around and gives Sehun a quick hand wave before disappearing inside.


          Miyoung sets her bags on her table and immediately takes off her clothes for a nice cool shower to scrub away the stickiness from the summer humidity.  After she returns, the first thing she does is grabs Sehun’s gift and jumps on the bed.  She takes out the tissue paper and reaches her hand inside, grabbing a hold of a circular jar like item.  “Hmm…” she hums as she carefully unwraps it. 

          “Huh…what’s this supposed to be?” She whispers as she examines the design of the item.  She shakes it and hears some clinging and metals hitting each other.  Her eyebrows furrow as she tries to open the box but it doesn’t budge. She takes notice of a keyhole and looks inside the bag again; there’s no key… A huff escapes as she sets it down on the bed, giving up.  Miyoung begins to get up from the bed when she remembers what Sehun said at the beach.  “…The necklace comes with something else too, but I’ll give it to you later.”

           Her hands immediate snakes around her neck and unclasps the lock.  It falls into her hands and she examines the pendant.  She pushes it into the keyhole and turns it before it opens.  A soft music starts to play as the cover lifts up automatically.  The melody continues to play and she finds herself singing the lyrics in her head, which she finds rather odd, but pushes it aside as it hypnotizes her.

          “…figures dancing gracefully, across my memories~” She shyly sings softly to the song. I-I didn’t know I knew the song.  She thought before shrugging and getting up.  The music box continues to play as Miyoung gets ready for bed.


          I jump off the bed and walk towards the door, “Where are you going!?” Sehun shouted behind me.  I roll my neck and turn around, “Oh, so now you want me to stay?” I placed my hands on my hips.  My eyes narrow in his direction, tongue gliding against my teeth in frustration, “Let me go get some fresh air…continue writing up your oral presentation.”

          Flash. “Sehun!” My teeth chattered.  He quickly skated over.  I slap him as he stops next to me, “I’m freezing cold, and you said you wouldn’t let me fall!” Sehun made a confused look, “I won’t…” he grinned, “you haven’t fallen yet, so I’m doing good.” He chuckled childishly.  There was a warm feeling spreading throughout my chest.  This was the first time seeing him so happy.

          “You’re cold?” Sehun asked as he looked down, “Don’t you have gloves?” He stated as he skated slowly towards the middle.  I shook my head, “No…I don’t.” I answered him annoyed which only caused him to roll his eyes, “Well, you should’ve bought yourself some gloves instead of some couple jacket.” He snickered.

          My tongue glided across my teeth, “Well, maybe I wanted someone to hold my hands!” I shouted, my eyes suddenly widening at my own statement.  I scolded myself and wanted to dig a hole and throw my own body in it.  I can hear Sehun tsked as he skated back to me. I looked up and saw him taking off his left mitten and handing it over before he grabbed my right hand and shoved it inside his jacket pocket.  I turned to look at him with wide eyes as he looked down at me, “I keep my promises…I won’t let you fall.”

          Flash. Flash. My heart was beating quickly inside my chest.  Sehun trapped me between him and the balcony walls.  “What are you doing?” I look up at him nervously.  When our eyes met, a spark ran down my spine.  “You don’t like me…” I mutter without breaking eye contact.

          Sehun suddenly leaned down closer to me, “…When did I say that?” He whispered causing me to shutter lightly.  “But-”

           “Just because I rejected you doesn’t mean I don’t like you.” He stated, “After having girls confess to me day after day and asking me out…don’t you think I want to be the one asking someone out for once?” He gave me a mischievous grin as he leaned closer to me.

          Flash. He straightened as I touched his back, but he turned nonetheless.  The look in his eyes was full of pain, hurt.  I know it was my fault.  I should have never gone this far.  I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it.  “Was this what you meant when you said to leave or you’ll get hurt?”  The words spilled from his mouth as I stood in front of him speechless.

          Flash. The phone flew out of my hands as my body shot forward then it hit the window of the bus.  I cried and my body slid to the ground.

          A loud gasp came from as she shot up in the bed wide awake at the sudden flashes of what seemed like memories to her.  Her hand clutched onto her head.  She could feel the pain in her head from the dream spreading to the back of her head.  She woke up with a thin layer of sweat and a pounding headache.

Her shoulders slouched and she leaned forward, calming her breathing.  It was then that she heard the faint music from the music box still playing.  She shook her head furiously to rid the thoughts from her head then reached over and closed the lid, taking out the pendant and sighing heavily, “what the heck was that…?”


[Saturday July 12, 2014]

          “Sehun…can you come over—that is, if you’re not busy of course.” She shutters and hears his soft laughter on the line.  “Of course…I’ll be there in a few.” Sehun says quickly and hangs up.  Miyoung sighs and falls back onto the bed.  She’s been having frequent dreams some nights and one of them always contains Sehun.  Her head’s been hurting on and off and she’s doesn’t know what to think of it.

          Her maids prepare some sweets and she settles herself in the patio.  The door opens and Miyoung sets her novel down.  “Oh…uh—Sehun.” She says nervously.  “You’re here.” She mutters to herself; the speech she was going to give was slowly going out the window.  A soft laughter filled the room.  “Of course, I’m here.” Sehun answers and moves to sit in the couch adjacent from her. 

          “So…this was very random,” Sehun nervously chuckles, “did you want to say something or…did you just want to hang out with me…?” he adds on and Miyoung straightens.  She clears and flattens her long skirt.  “I…I want to ask you-you something.” She takes a deep breath and Sehun notices her nervously picking at her skirt.  Her brows knit together as she doesn’t look up from her lap.

          Unconsciously, Sehun reaches over and grabs her hand gently, but Miyoung immediately looks up.  Her hands slip out of his grasp.  “This is going to sound just a bit crazy…because I-I know we just met and all…but like, ugh. I’m not some creeper, stalker or something.  I definitely don’t have an obsession with you, but I-I keep having these dreams, I guess, and they’re so vivid it seems so real…”

          Sehun went rigid.  Everyone promised to keep what happened in December a secret.  “Like I…I know the doctor said that I’ll lose some of my recent memories, but they’re mostly of you and-and-and  I know I just met you…” she looks up at Sehun and her eyes are filled with worry and confusion, “right?” she finally croaks.

          The tension builds around them.  “Just please be honest with me.  Because I feel like we’ve gone to the beach once before…I remember it being cold, but I had a lot of fun and-and you were there with me, only you.” Miyoung sighs before she buries her face in her hands.  “You must think I’m crazy, huh?  I just need a definite answer, yes or no, and I promise I’ll stop bothering you after this because you look so terrified.  Like, maybe I am just super in love—wait, no-no,” Miyoung shakes her head, “, I’m going crazy.” She accidentally curses in frustration.

          Sehun doesn’t speak and there’s a long silence that follows.  “Ca-can I ask what some of your…your dreams were?” He asks her softly before lifting his head and having their eyes meet.  Immediately, Miyoung puts her head down again, “Umm…well,” she picks at her skirt, “the beach was one…something about a glove, it was cold, all of these dreams, I felt like it was the dead of winter. It was probably fake,” She laughs nervously, “going to the beach in the dead of winter, wearing an exposed backless dress, arguing with you…in a room, on a balcony, at a party…”

          Memories of that month flashed in Sehun’s mind as Miyoung recalled each of her dreams.  A tingly sensation rushes through his body. She was remembering!  It’s a good thing, of course, it’s a good thing, but they’ve been lying to her for almost half a year.  Almost 7 months, no one has brought up December.

          “Ugh, you know what?” Miyoung ruffles her hair in an embarrassment manner, “I’m sorry for doing this, I’m just going crazy…” she mutters, “Well, umm…sorry for taking some of your time-”

          “I have to give you something.” Sehun quickly cuts her off, “stay here.” He says quickly before getting up and rushing out of her house.  Miyoung scoffs and looks at her maid, “he probably wants some restraining order or something.” She says but the maid only shakes her head, “it’s not like that at all, Miss.” The maid smiles, “just listen to him.  And don’t be too quick to argue back.  Let down your walls for a moment and do not, please, do not be so stubborn when he talks to you again…”  Miyoung only furrows her brows more at the reply.

           “Here.” Sehun’s panting by the time he returns.  He ran to his car and back with a letter in hand.  “Read this…and I’ll tell you everything.”

          The maids slowly leave the patio, leaving the two alone.  Miyoung nibbles her lip and takes the letter in his hands.  The beginning of it catches her eyes and they widen, “oh my goodness….” She gasps and looks up.  Hope glistens in Sehun’s eyes as he thinks she suddenly remembers.

          “I’m so sorry! I seriously didn’t mean to read this, Sehun!” Miyoung quickly shoves the letter back into his hands and he stares at her confused.  “I didn’t even read the whole thing! I was just looking for my phone and came across this paper, I swear, I only read like the first paragraph, though I kind of did becaus…”

          Sehun faintly smiles, shaking his head, she was rambling now and it was incredibly adorable.  Miyoung’s endless excuses came, some didn’t even make sense.  It wasn’t until a few minutes later that she notices him probably not even caring anymore that she stops.  “Are you even listening?” She asks him and the male shakes his head.  Miyoung rolls her eyes in annoyance, …wasting my breath like that.

          “Can you just read that letter, Miyoung.” Sehun sighs and leans back against the seat.  The woman frowns, “but it’s a love letter to you, why would you want me to read it-I won’t read it, it’s not right—”

          “Just read the letter, Miyoung.” Sehun says finally annoyed, “this woman…” he says under his breath. “Wait, what? ‘This woman,’ what’s that supposed to mean?” Miyoung argues back and Sehun looks at her in astonishment.  “Are you picking a fight with me?” Sehun retorts to the girl.  “I’m not going to read that love letter, Sehun.” Miyoung stands up and places her hands on her hips in an authoritarian manner.

          Sehun scoffs, rolling his eyes; he stands up and crosses his arms over his chest, “Are we having our first fight?” He asks with a teasing smirk.  The memories. He thinks.  “First fight as what? Friends? Are we friends?”

          “Yes, of course, we’re friends.” Sehun quickly answers before she could answer it another way.  “Unless…you wanted to be a couple-”

          “HA! Don’t try to make me laugh, Oh Sehun.  I know exactly who you are! Mr. Heartbreaker. It always confused me why you were here.  Whenever Baekhyun was here with Eunae, you just had to be here too? Why? Why is that?  I refuse to believe that Baekhyun really needed another dude to accompany him to his girlfriend’s best friend’s place, and if he did, I’m sure it would have been Chanyeol because everyone knows how close those two are.” Miyoung’s nose flares.

          And to think this guy was attractive.

          …Well, he is, but—ughhhh

          “You know what?” Sehun groans and lifts the letter so he can read it himself, “I’m sorry if this is a little out of line, but please shut up and listen.”

            “If I already told you then oh well—let me say it again…I like you, Oh Sehun.  I liked you since December 13, 2013 when we went ice skating together.  When you made me that promise, when you held my hands, when you fell first to save my fall, those were just some small reasons why I like you.  I also wanted to say thank you for doing some things on my bucket list.  I didn’t say it then, but I remember now.  My list is a bit dull but thank you for taking me to the beach in the dead of winter, taking me to the French bakery when it was impossible for us to go to France at the time, and for reenacting a typical drama scene with me.  What I wanted to do most was experience a relationship before I went through the surgery…and I’m thankful for having you because you crossed out another bullet point even when you didn’t know.  Fyi, I still have a long list to go, so ask me again and you better fulfil them all.

            Also, if you got this letter, you’re obviously sticking with me.  I hope I’m not a burden to you.  I wouldn’t want that for a person who tries so hard to be perfect… I know you’re having a hard time, trust me…I can barely stand myself when I was still sane, I’m sure I’m just worst now after the surgery, but thank you for still staying by my side.  I probably don’t remember you, but I know I won’t push a person like you away…

            Anyways, I didn’t tell you but my birthday is on New Year’s Eve.  It would have passed already but when you come visit me, bring my favorite flowers, okay? Coral colored tulips…but only 2 tulips, one for me and one for you.  I’ll probably question you but it’s okay.  You’re handsome so I wouldn’t mind getting flowers from a handsome guy, kekeke.

            I’m sorry for these past couple of days…we’ve been arguing a lot lately, but forgive me, handsome! Kekeke

            I miss you! Don’t forget to bring my flowers, idiot! Smile! Hwaighting!

-Your happiness, Miyoung.”

                Sehun finishes with his chest rising, “we’re technically still dating, Miyoung.  You and your persistent-ness…I was a little disappointed when I found out our ‘dating experience’ was just a little game to you.”

            Miyoung’s stance falters and she takes a step back, “Wha-what are you talking a-about?” her head tilts to the side, “Wait, I’m-I’m sorry, did you just say that…umm, we’re dating? Like dating…each other?”

          And the long night for the both of them happened.  Sehun explained everything to her that night, from the first time she asked him out to the bus accident.  He explained her dreams to her which were actually memories and events that took place between the both of them. 

          “Can-can we go into your room…?” Sehun shyly asks and the girl frowns before standing up.  Miyoung settles on her bed and Sehun pulls out the chair from her desk and drags it over.  He points to the music box sitting on the night table, “that…I bought that for you the day before the charity banquet. Eunae told me you would fall asleep to it every night.” Sehun chuckles softly before smiling into the air.

          Miyoung bits her lip, “Okay, so…wait, but you all, all 13, no, like everyone lied to me!”

Knock. Knock.

          “Miyoung, honey?” The door opens and her mother shows herself, “Oh, Sehun, dear, will you be spending the night? We have a guest bedroom prepared for you.” She asks the man but he shakes his head, “It’s fine, Mrs. Park, thank you though.” He smiles and bows his head politely before Miyoung’s mother returns the smile.  “Okay, then.  Well, we’re turning in for the night, dear.  Sleep well. And Sehun, don’t stay too late, I wouldn’t want you to drive home so late at night.” She says before leaving the two alone.

          The moment the door closed, Sehun wiped is head around, “We lied because it was what was best for you, okay? It’s not like we wanted to.  Do you think I want to lie to my girlfriend when I know exactly what she’s capable of doing!?” Sehun says and Miyoung narrows her eyes at him.  She tilts her head, “What’s that supposed to mean?” She says and Sehun straightens.  He rubs his nape with a nervous smile, “Humm…nothing, really.  Just—just why would I want to lie about not being your boyfriend? It was hard for me too, Miyoung.”

          And the two continued to bicker on for a few more hours that night. 

          “Oh please, Sehun.” Miyoung stands up after giving up on an argument.  She walks to her closet and pulls out some blankets and pillows and walks back.  “Are you planning on sleeping on the floor or something?”  Sehun asks her as he stands from her bed.  “No, of course not.” She retorts, “It’s almost 2 in the morning…you’re sleeping on the floor.”

          And Sehun looks her, “really?” He says and she nods, “I’m not going to let you leave right now. What if you get into a car accident right after we’ve just argued…then what?” she says and Sehun smiles.  He walks over to her and wraps his arms around her, feeling Miyoung tense up in his arms. 

          A second later, she shoves him away and slaps his arms after dropping everything on the ground, “What the hell!?” She shrieks and Sehun laughs, expecting her reaction already.  “Just because I “remembered” some things doesn’t mean you can do that!” She pouts and that only makes Sehun laugh more.

          “You were so into skinship before you remembered though!” Sehun retorts back, “you grabbed my hands at the beach and hugged me on the same day!” He reasons and that makes Miyoung blush mad.  “Well-well…yeah! So whaat?” She groans and turns away, “Fine, you can walk yourself out.  I don’t care what happens to you then.” She says and walks into her bathroom.

          When she returns, Sehun’s in his boxers and a plain tee and lying on the ground, playing with his phone.  “Oh, did Mr. Stubborn here decide to spend the night?” She scoffs while turning on the lamp on her night table before walking to turn off the lights.  Miyoung hears Sehun chuckle lightly before he shifted on the ground.  “Let’s meet with the group tomorrow.  Will you be okay with that?” Sehun asks her after he watches her climb into bed.

          The girl slowly nods her head as she slips the pendant into the keyhole to hear the music take her in.  “Yeah…I’m fine with that.” She replies softly and smiles.  The melody fills the room and she falls back onto her bed after turning her lamp off.  “Do you listen to it every night?” Sehun lays on his back, his arms tucked under his head as he stares at the ceiling. 

          Miyoung hums a soft reply, “Yeah, I do…” she whispers before yawning tiredly.  “Goodnight, Sehun-ah.” She says groggily, “I’ll see you in the morning.”


[Sunday July 13, 2014]

          “Hrrmmm…stop.” She moans, swatting her hands in the air as she flips onto her other side.  Sehun chuckles and moves around; he gently pulls the comforter off and blows cool air towards her nose again. “Yaaaa~” She cries and blinks her eyes open.  Sehun smiles, chuckling before Miyoung shoves the boys back.  “Stop, Sehun.” She moans but once again, he ignores her and jumps onto her bed.  “Miyoung! We’re meeting the boys today, remember?” He pulls the blanket off her body.

          Miyoung whines softly as the warm air escapes from under her blanket. “I want to break up with you.” She moans stubbornly which only makes Sehun laugh.  He pulls her up into a sitting position and chuckles, “I’m sorry, but that’s not possible.” He says.  Miyoung rubs her eyes tiredly before fully opening them and looking at Sehun as he climbs off her bed.  She notices him back in the clothes he wore before falling asleep last night.

          “Mmmm….did you sleep well?” She mumbles as she follows after him.  Miyoung makes her way to her closet to grab an outfit for the day.  “Yeah, I mean, the floor was hard, but I slept until the morning sun beamed in my face.” Sehun chuckles.  Miyoung hums a reply before disappearing into her bathroom.

          The girl comes out minutes later dressed with a light layer of makeup on.  “Are you ready to go?” She asks more awake as she slings a bag over her shoulders and grabs a pair of socks from her drawers.  Sehun nods, “Yeah, I called Joonmyun-hyung.  H says that most of them are still sleeping since they had a movie night last night.” Sehun says stuffing his hands into his pockets.   He leans forward with a grin, “You look very cute, Miyoung-ah.” He compliments and the girl rolls her eyes before leaving the room first.

          The two of them arrive at the house later that morning.  Miyoung brings in bags with food inside and Sehun does the same, trailing after her.  “You didn’t have to buy anything.” Kyungsoo says helping the girl out.  Joonmyun also nods, “But the guys will be very happy.” He grins at the girl.  “Hyung,” Sehun says as Miyoung follows Kyungsoo to the kitchen.

          “Hyung, I spent the night at Miyoung’s place.” He told Joonmyun in a hushed voice.  The latter raised a brow.  “-her parents knew.” Sehun interrupts.  “Anyways, she-we-I told her about December.” Joonmyun opens his mouth but Sehun quickly interrupts again, “She was having dreams, or-”

          “Ya! Sehun!” Miyoung pops her head into the room; she groans and walks up to the boys, “I need these in order to cook, idiot.” She mutters lowly and grabs the bag from his arms before making her way into the kitchen again.  “She remembers…?” Joonmyun says quietly noticing how Miyoung is suddenly acting very casual around him.

          “Kind of-not really.  She told me about her dreams which are just memories of us together.  I couldn’t hold it in anymore especially since she was beginning to have these “dreams” or whatever come back to her, so I told her.”  Sehun rubs his hands nervously.  “I told her everything about us two, the boys, I don’t know—everything that happened in December.”

          “Sehun, it’s fine.  This is what we wanted right? At least you didn’t tell her before she started having her “dreams.”” Joonmyun places a hand on the younger one’s shoulder.  “So she knows that you guys are dating?” Joonmyun continues to ask as they walk towards the kitchen.  Sehun smiles and nods, “Though she did tell me she wanted to break up just because I woke her up early to come visit you guys today.” Sehun chuckles as he remembers the event that happened earlier that morning.

          The older male smiles, “I’m glad she’s remembering-” He stops midsentence when he looks up and see Miyoung running over to Kyungsoo.  She engulfs him in a hug and giggles.  “Kyungsoo-ah, chwigoya!”  Sehun does the same before blurting, “YA! Park Miyoung!” He storms into the room as the girl lets go of Kyungsoo. “What!?” She rolls her eyes then continues on with cooking.

          “You can’t just go hugging other guys like that, especially in front of me!” He points an accusing finger at the girl, but she only shrugs with a hidden smile.   “You’re being too loud.” Miyoung says just as some of the boys groggily trump down the stairs, “Why is it so loud so early in the morning?” Baekhyun yawns as Chanyeol follows after him.  Next is Minseok then Kris right after him.

          “Oh, Miyoung-ah.” Minseok’s the first to notice her out of the 4.  Miyoung turns around and smiles, greeting the 4.  “Good morning. I was just telling Sehun to shut up.” She says and the boys express a sudden look of shock at the words that left .  “You did not tell me to shut up!” Sehun restated before the girl huffs, “I told you indirectly!” The two continue to bicker as the guys shuffle into the kitchen.  Baekhyun lays his on Chanyeol’s shoulders and yawns, “What’s up with them?” He crosses his arms over his chest.  Chanyeol’s shoulders lifts as he shrugs, “molla~” he groans and shrugs the latter’s head off.  “Sehun says that she’s remembering.” Joonmyun states and their eyes go wide.  “He told her about December.” He adds.

          “He told her about December!?” Kris and Minseok both choke on their water.  They set their glass down as Sehun and Miyoung both turn around.  “What’s wrong?” Miyoung a curious brow at the boys standing in the kitchen.  “Ani, nothing.” Joonmyun smiles angelically and the girl melts, “Mmm, okay…do you guys want to help? There’s a lot that needs to be done since I am feeding 12 boys.” She says sliding some cut vegetables into a bowl.

          “Yes!” Minseok nods, “We’d love to help.”


          Breakfast was finished by 11, Eunae came over as the rest of the boys were woken up by the others and after they ate, Sehun quickly grabbed Miyoung and left the cleaning to everyone else.

          “Ya…where are you taking me?” She asks looking out the window.  Sehun shrugs with a smile but says nothing more.  Miyoung purses her lips and turns to look at him, “Are you kidnapping me?” Her brows cave in and Sehun chokes a laughter, “Yes, I am.” He says before the girl jumps in the seat and claps her hands together, “Ahh!! We’re going to Namsan tower!” She says excitedly as she points to the building on top of the mountain. 

          “Ya!” Sehun suddenly shouts, “I didn’t ask you to guess!” He whines after his outburst which causes the girl to fall into a long laughter.  She claps her hands together, feet stomping on the floor of the car as her head falls back against the headrest.  Sehun may be a bit annoyed, but seeing her taking in so much delight in this small ordeal makes him feel much better.  As long as she’s laughing, he didn’t mind making a fool out of himself; to an extent, of course.

          The two arrive at the tower half an hour later.  They were already standing at the top when Sehun pulls something out from his backpack.  “Here…I bought these a while ago.” He opens his hands to reveal 2 lockets.  “Oh my goodness, when!?” Miyoung squeals and picks the pink with faint white dots.  “It’s so cute!” She lifts it up to her eyes to examine it and as she turns it over, her eyes lit up.  “Omo, yaaa~,” she sighs satisfied with the design, “this boy is so cute.” She says showing it to Sehun.

          He only shakes his head and chuckles before leaving her.  Sehun takes a step out onto the patio of the tower first, and Miyoung follows after him.  “Are we doing these to each other or what…?” Miyoung asks while taking a marker from his hands.  The boy nods before moving to sit by a table.  Miyoung ‘tchs’ and walks over to a separate table. 

          Miyoung wanted to say a lot of things, but the space on the locket was small.  The girl sat and aimlessly looks around the railings where an endless line of lockets hang.  “What am I supposed to write…” she mutters to herself and turns her head to look over at Sehun who’s nibbling the end of the marker.  She smiles unconsciously as she takes note of his furrows brows.  “Ya!” She calls out and he looks up.  The girl points to her eyebrows and furrows them in, “Stop doing that! You look angry!” She chuckles before turning away again.

          Smiling, Sehun shakes his head and gathers his attention onto the locket in front of him again.  He darts his tongue out, his lips before finishing what he was writing down.  With a satisfied grin, he reads the words once again before looking up.  A soft chuckle escapes his lips when he sees Miyoung pouting.  She holds the locket in front of her, reading what she wrote before sighing.

          “Are you ready?” his voice startles the girl.  She looks up and scowls, but answers anyways, “yeah…” She notices him looking for a place to lock them when she walks over to a railing and points, “Here, Sehun-ah.” Sehun turns around and walks over with a smile, “okay.” He replies.  Miyoung was already beginning to lock hers when Sehun announces, “no…you have to lock yours on mine.” He says and the girl rolls her eyes, “why does it matter?” she asks taking it out again.

          “Because then no one can separate ours in the future.” Sehun says grinning as he locks his first on the railing.  Miyoung smiles before crouching down and locking her locket on Sehuns’.  Miyoung quickly reads what Sehun wrote with a smile.

          “You are so stubborn—heol.” Miyoung snickers and looks up, “Ya! Oh Sehun!” She was lifting her hands up when Sehun quickly shouts, “On the back, on the back!” he cries before getting hit.  “There better be something on the back.” Miyoung mutters and flips the locket up and tilting her head more to read the words.

          “nevertheless, I can’t help but fall more and more in love with you. Yes…I love you, Park Miyoung…” Miyoung’s voice trails out as the words sink in.  She feels her insides melting and heart fluttering.  Goosebumps rise onto the surface of her skin as she lets out a soft breath.

          “—Move aside so I can read what you wrote.” Sehun playfully says as he shoves the girl aside.  The girl, still shocked, does nothing but let him have his way.  She stares at Sehun’s back as he crouches down, eye level to the lockets.  There’s an explosion of warmth in her chest that doesn’t seem to be ending soon. 

          “No matter what happened, or what may continue to happen in the future, Sehun-ah, I hope you will always stay by my side.”  Sehun reads.  It was something simple but filled with a lot of meaning.  The male looks up and still sees Miyoung lost in her own world. He stands up, straightening his posture in front of the girl.  “Miyoung-ah.” He says letting his fingers caress her cheeks.  The skinship jolts the girl who immediately snaps out of her thoughts.

          “I will always be standing right next to you.” He says as he runs his hands down the girl’s arms and pulls her in by her waist.  “Because you already know that I will always, only, love you.” He whispers, cradling the girl’s neck as she lifts her head up.

          Miyoung’s lips part as they both look into each other’s eyes.  They were standing a mere centimeter apart, but as Sehun lowers his head, the girl spoke up.  “…I, I made a locket here…” she says softly whispering and Sehun nods, “Ye-yeah…with me…” he moves his head back just a bit and notices the girl shaking her head, “no, before you.” She answers and turns her head from left to right.

          Sehun nods and lets the girl go, a little disappointed that there wasn’t a kiss.  “Over here…” Sehun gently takes her hands in his and walks over to a corner.  “Excuse me.” He says to the couple in front of them and they move aside.  “Right here, somewhere…” he mutters as they both look through the lockets covering one another.

          After a while, Miyoung hits Sehun’s shoulders, and the latter turns towards her.  “Is it this one…?” She asks  lifting the lock a little as the boy gets a better look at it.  His heart does a little skip as that day comes back to him.  “Yeah…” he nods slowly before the girl reads it.  “Oh Sehun, we’re both stubborn and we argue a lot, but I like you so don’t leave me. Park Miyoung. 131227…” She whispers, “this was before my accident?” she asks and Sehun hums a reply.  Her fingers push the locket back and she pulls out a heart shaped one before reading.

          “Park Miyoung, you’ll always be my first love. Oh Sehun…” Miyoung takes a breath, “Rest in Peace, My Happiness. 131231, 12:12.” Her voice softly trails out before turning to Sehun.  “You came here…on that day?” She asks and Sehun nods.  “I did…Eunae told me you made a locket so I came up here to find it since I…I didn’t want to be t-there when they pulled the plug.” Sehun answers softly.

          Surprising him, Miyoung places her hands over Sehuns’ before slipping her fingers between the spaces in his.  He looks up and meets her eyes, a gentle smile gracing her features.  “We should get rid of it…” Miyoung says with a light squeeze, “I’m here and nowhere else.” She adds.  Sehun smiles back stands up, bringing the girl up with him. 

          He shakes his head, “No…I don’t want that.” Sehun leans back on the rail full of locks.  Miyoung gasps as he pulls her in by her waist.  Miyoung clutches onto Sehun’s shirt though she is shyly leaning back.  Sehun chuckles quietly but loud enough that Miyoung's heart goes off on a rampage.  He tightens his grasp around the girl’s waist which leads the girl to ultimately wrap her arms around his neck so that they weren’t squished up between his chest and her body.  

          “I want to keep it there so that I’ll always remember to cherish you…stay with me forever, Miyoung; I promise you that I will never take you for granted.” And with that he leans his head down before capturing her lips with his.


14 pages, 10,294 words later...

I finally got to finishing the alternate ending!!! I can't believe it's been almost a year already!! And I'm sorry it took so long! I'm such a horrible person! I got featured and I didn't come say anything to you all! I hope I didn't come off as a "stuck up" author and whatnot. I know I should have updated to give my thanks but I didn't want to update just because of that especially if there wasn't a chapter for you all to read so I did force myself to quickly finish this last bonus chapter. I'm terribly sorry if it wasn't the best! And if there are grammar and mistakes...I kind of gave up reading before the half way mark. otl, but as promised, the final bonus chapter!!

On another note. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME FEATURED!! This means a lot because this is my favorite story and to have it featured means a lot, so I am in forever thanks. Thank you to the older subbers who's been with me since the beginning and thank you to the new subscribers for your interest in reading this story! In the future, I hope to see you guys in my other stories as well.

I'm currently taking a  break from AFF though because I don't have motivation to write at the moment, lol. BUT I promise I'll be back soon with, hopefully awesome stories for you all!

This is my second story being featured, and I just can't thank you enough!

Much Love,

-Miyoung