December 24 – 8 Days

⚜ 27 Days

[Tuesday December 24 – 8 Days]

          “How are you feeling today, Miss?”

          Miyoung finally woke up at noon that day.  She groaned then pushed herself up, “I’m fine…why?” She asked, getting off the bed as if there was nothing wrong. She walked into the bathroom then got herself ready for the day.

          Miyoung dressed in some comfortable clothing then walked down into the living room.  “Miyoung, dear are you hungry?” Her mother greeted her from the piano chair, “You missed breakfast this morning.” She stated before Miyoung fell back onto the couch.  She grabbed a pillow and hugged it, resting her chin on it.  “I’m not hungry…” she sighed, “What are we doing today?” She muttered, “Do we have any dinners with any political leaders?”

          Every year, it was dinner with political leaders on Christmas Eve then the Christmas party on the 25th.  Her mother turned her head, “Because of some issues, your father will be in a meeting this whole day, so no dinner with everyone else today…just our small family tonight.” She asked with a smile.  Miyoung forced a smile for her then fell back, lying down on the couch.

          “Miyoung, dear, are you feeling better? Why don’t you go take some medication just in case-”

          “Mom!” She groaned, “It’s Christmas Eve, please—” She huffed, “Stop it with everything…just for a couple more days while I’m still functioning.” She muttered bitterly.  Miyoung sat up on the couch, “I think I’ll call Eunae…see if she wants to go dress shopping for tomorrow—”

          “No…I bought you a gift in France.” Her mother stood up and walked over.  She looked at Miyoung with saddening eyes, “Honey, I’m sorry for everything, I really am.” She stated.  Miyoung looked at her and took a step back.  “You know I’m trying very hard…and there’s just a lot of things going on at the moment, I’m sorry for all the times I’ve taken it out on you.” She said quietly. 

          Miyoung finally took a step towards her mother.  “It’s not just you.” She finally answered, “I think I’m finally going crazy now.” She chuckled bitterly just before her mother quickly embraced her. 

          Everything, in that moment, the anger and frustration melted away from her mother’s hold.  “I know I was very hard on you, but I just want you to be safe…until then.” She whispered.  “Everything will be over soon enough.”   She Miyoung’s hair softly.  Miyoung pulled away, “no….you guys are just going to have to start over with me…” She smiled faintly then straightened herself before her mother.  “I’m sorry for shouting yesterday…I’ve been feeling a bit…hot and cold lately.” She smiled faintly before her mother shook her head, “it’s fine, dear. I understand.”

          “Now,” her mother smiled, “let’s not talk about this anymore…that’s what you want right?” she raised a brow, “I bought you a dress from France and it’s beautiful.  You’re going to wear it tomorrow at the party.” She stated, “And you’ll open it tomorrow too, so don’t even think about asking me.”

          Miyoung nodded then bowed her head low, “Ne, oemma.” She walked towards the stairs, “I’m going to go lay in bed…” she muttered, “it’s cold down here.” She stated as she ran up the stairs and into her room.   Miyoung closed the door behind her then walked over to her bed.  An item on her night stand caught her eyes.  There was a necklace lying next to it.  She grabbed it as she lay down on her stomach.  Curiously, she placed the pendent inside the hole before the cover of the box began to lift, a soft melody staring to play.

          Her eyes widened, sparkling in awe.  “This is so pretty…” She whispered as she lay down on her bed, setting the music box next to her.  Where did you come from?

          There were a lot of things on her mind.  The date was closing in faster than she had imagined, and she knew she was slowly losing herself in everything.  She didn’t want to let go of friends and family; she didn’t want to forget them, but there was nothing she can do now. 

          Her eyes closed as the melody of the song began to play.  Her nerves relaxed, making her forget about her worries.

          There was a sudden knock at the door, bringing her back to reality.  She jumped and turned around.  “Come in…” She shouted before it opened.  Her maid walked in, “Miss, Oh Sehun is here to see you.” She stated.  Miyoung’s eyebrows furrowed, “…Sehun,” she whispered, “Sehun, Sehun…?” she quickly paced around the room, what!?

          “Sehun, who…” She said softly before someone said her name.  Her head turned in the direction of the voice before she straightened, “Ahh….” She breathing calmed, “Sehun…” She cleared , “what are you doing here?”  she swallowed as the maid left her room, closing her door. “Well, it’s Christmas Eve…and the first one for us-”

          “Do you actually like me?” Miyoung asked as Sehun came and sat down on her desk chair while she was on the bed.  “If Lu Han just told you to be nice to me and go out with me, stop.” She stated but Sehun immediately shook his head.  “It’s not like that.” He stated, “do you seriously think I’d kiss you…if I didn’t like you?” He asked quietly.  “What’s wrong?  You’re not acting lik-”

          “You—how can you like me within a couple days? I was an annoying pest for a week and suddenly, what? …you like me? Sehun, that doesn’t even make sense.” Miyoung muttered before she looked down to her bed.  Sehun sighed; everything she stated was true.  He didn’t like her, but one day he woke up and suddenly the feelings appeared.  The constant thoughts and her whereabouts when she wasn’t with him drove him over the edge.

          He questioned everything at first, whether or not he actually liked her.  It all didn’t seem right when he suddenly had thoughts about her, but there was no doubt about it. 

          “Why? Why do you like me?” Miyoung asked softly.  She always has to ask this because truthfully she does want to know how someone can like her after being so annoyingly persistent.

          Sehun moved from the chair to the bed after a couple silent minutes.  He noticed the music box then slowly grabbed it.  “So you do listen to it every day…” he chuckled lightly to himself.  “I’ve always wondered if you did.” He added before setting it back down on the bed.  Miyoung tilted her head to the side and looked at him as he opened his mouth to speak again.

          “It was your vulnerability…” he stated and Miyoung’s eyes narrowed in confusion, “I’m vulnerable?” She muttered then hung her head low again, “that’s not what every girl wants to hear.” She sighed as she picked at her comforter. 

          “Yeah…you’re very vulnerable and that’s what made me like you.  It’s not a bad thing.” Sehun said as he moved closer to her.  His hand was itching to grab hers but he was unsure.  “you made me want to take care of you…all the time.  After you helped me prepare for my English final during finals week, I started taking note of you more.  When you fell asleep on my bed, that was when I wanted to…” he swallowed, “I felt like I had to take care of you.  Then we went ice skating…when you said you didn’t want to fall, I tried very hard that day…” he gulped then finally grabbed her hands.

          Miyoung flinched but didn’t remove her hand from him.  “Being vulnerable is also a good thing too.” He faintly smiled at her before she returned it. 

          The two went quiet for a while.  Miyoung was waiting to see if he had anything else to say while Sehun was waiting for her response.

          She glanced around the room, slowly withdrawing her hand from his grasp in embarrassment, “…so what are you doing here?” she asked again causing Sehun to chuckle in disbelief, “I said all that and you’re asking me why I’m here?” He folded his legs on her bed as she looked back at him, “…yeah…”

          Sehun clicked his tongue and sighed, “…I just wanted to drop by today because I came yesterday and you didn’t want to see me.” He stated, “Are you feeling okay today? Did you have a fever?” He asked wanting to know what was wrong.  Miyoung shrugged her shoulders, “I’m better…” she smiled, “Are you going to the party tomorrow?” she jumped off her bed as Sehun replied, “Yeah, every year…you know how big this event is.” He chuckled. 

          Miyoung nodded, “Do you want to meet my mom…she might want to meet you.” Miyoung turned around to see Sehun walking towards her.  “I met her when I came in.” he grinned.  Miyoung’s mouth formed a ‘O’ then she nodded her head.  She leaned against the door as Sehun slowly approached her.  “Now…what did you mean the other day when you said to back out before I get hurt…?” He raised a brow as he stepped in front of her. 

          His hands gently grabbed hers, playing with her fingers before weaving his fingers in the spaces between hers.  Miyoung furrowed her brows, “Ahh…do what you want, I’m not going to say anything else.” She muttered while staring at his chest, not wanting to meet his eyes.

          Sehun played with her fingers as he leaned down, resting his forehead on hers.  “Can I kiss you then?” He asked suddenly.  Miyoung straightened and looked at him, “wha-”

          Before she could say anything else, Sehun dipped his head and placed his lips on hers.  He smiled when Miyoung kissed him back. 

          Three weeks ago, she was annoying.  A week ago, she became everything.

          They broke away, breathless.  Their eyes were closed, lips curved into a soft smile. 

          Sehun and Miyoung flinched as some knocked on the door behind them.  Miyoung quickly pushed Sehun away, straightening herself then opening the door.

          “Miss, your mother would like to see you downstairs.”  The maid bowed before moving away as Miyoung and Sehun stepped in front of her and walked to the stairs.

          “Dear, why don’t you get ready for dinner.  Sehun, stay for dinner?”  Miyoung’s mother ask stepping out of the dinner room.  Miyoung turned around to look at Sehun how bowed his head in apology, “Thank you for the offer, but we have a family dinner tonight.” He quickly looked at his watch, “I should be heading out.” He stated before looking up.  Miyoung turned back to look at her mother, “I’ll see him out then get ready.” She stated before grabbing Sehun’s hands and leading him to the door.

          Sehun smiled at her then kissed her forehead, “I’ll see you tomorrow…” he whispered as he pulled away.  Miyoung pressed her lips together and nodded, “Mm.” she opened the door and he stepped out. “Go back inside…it’s cold.” He stated as he kept walking backwards but she just stood by the door, waving.

          Sehun got in his car and waved at her before she waved back.  He smiled waiting for her to go back inside before driving off, but suddenly her eyes brightened, smile growing to her ears.  She ran out of the house causing him to furrow his brows.  He moved his head for a better view before straightening.  Miyoung jumped into some man’s arm.  A bright smile plastered on her face as the man twirled her around in his arms.

          Sehun forced himself to look away.  He shook his head and chuckled bitterly, “say bye to me only to jump in some man’s arms…” he muttered before driving away with a blank mind.


Here's another late update for you, heh heh. Merry Christmas Eve to you all, depending on where you live! But nevertheless, have an amazing day spent with friends and family!

On another note.....Sehun's jealousy, Miyoung's hiding something & who's this new character? Lol

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))