Summary

⚜ 27 Days

Aff is being weird. Just reuploading the chapter.


I sound like I’m doing some reading log or something…reminds me of elementary school, omg.  

Anyways…27 Days summary:

In the beginning of the year (not mentioned in the story), she and her parents were in a small plane accident.  Even though she came out with just scratches and bruises, internally she wasn’t fine.  With the illness that she had, brain aneurysm, it’s not something where you can get checked up to see if you have it or not.  Doctors are usually alerted of this while they’re looking for other possible illnesses.  Anyways, brain aneurysm is a bulge or ballooning in a blood vessel in the brain. It often looks like a berry hanging on a stem1.  It can leak or rupture, causing bleeding into the brain which can be life-threatening.

In Miyoung’s case, the brain aneurysm didn’t erupt until later on so that’s why she didn’t get surgery done when she found out she had it.  When it did erupt, she didn’t know about it but the symptoms where there.  Symptoms that Miyoung encountered were headaches (& lots of them because of the bleeding), nausea, blurred vision, droopy eyes and confusion.  The brain aneurysm led to subarachnoid hemorrhage which is when blood leaks into the space between two membranes that surround the brain2.  Subarachnoid hemorrhage symptoms that Miyoung had was all of the above plus a slurred speech, depression and short term memory loss.

Because the only way to treat her illness is surgery, she planned to get it on the 31 of December so she can start fresh in the new year.  After the surgery, there was a high possibility that she wouldn’t remember some of her memory and she would have to relearn all her hand-eye coordination, speech and motor skills.

As she started the month of December, she wanted to do a lot of things before the surgery because after the surgery, she wouldn’t be able to do much.  Most of her time afterwards would be devoted to relearning things.  After she found out that this was going to happen she made sure that Eunae wouldn’t treat her any different.  So all those times when Miyoung wasn’t feeling the best, Eunae played it off like it wasn’t anything big for example when Miyoung had a headache, Eunae threw her a bottle of medication, or when Miyoung would trip over things because of her coordination problems, Eunae called her clumsy.

In the beginning of the month of December, Eunae came up with a plan to get her into a (short) relationship so that Miyoung can experience it before the surgery.  She came up with that plan of “the first guy to walk through those doors is the one you have to pursue.”  Sehun became that guy and even though Miyoung didn’t want to, she did because she already agreed. 

Sehun’s the popular, rich college freshmen that girls swoon over.  You can say he’s a perfectionist, always wanting to be the best in his subjects and working hard to get what he wants.  Because of that, he doesn’t bother himself with girls because they’ll just be a distraction.

Miyoung is also rich, but more with those who are in the political environment rather than business.  In her mind, she’d just ask Sehun every day to go out with her until he said yes.  They both had no feelings for each other, what so ever.  This kind of relationship for Miyoung was best because the guy, or Sehun, wouldn’t like her so when she called it off towards the end of the month, there wouldn’t be any hard feelings, and even if Miyoung ended up liking the guy, once she called it off and had the surgery, she wouldn’t remember him anyways.

She tried talking to him and during finals week, she made him the kimbap care package so he can have something to snack on while he studied.  Even with that, he didn’t want to get involved with her at all.  When Exo came into the picture and started “helping” Miyoung out, Sehun just became more annoyed because they were helping her instead of him. 

Thursday December 12; when Miyoung helped Sehun study for his final, that was when he started feeling some sort of attraction towards her.   The fact that she didn’t give up on him like the rest of the Exo members (chapter reference: Exo can’t stand Sehun because he’s such a complicated person to work with).  Sehun knows how frustrating he is and the fact that she still helped him made him second think her feelings for him.  So this day was when Sehun started noticing her more, I guess you could say.

Friday December 13; When the girls and Exo went ice skating, there was an charm in how Sehun treated her.  Plus, at that moment, that was the first time she had seen Sehun so happy, in a sense.  Up to that moment, she had only seen his coldness especially towards her.  So when he was actually helping her learn the basics of how to skate, she really appreciated it.  Miyoung found herself actually enjoying this time espeically as he actually showed some skinship with her like the hand holding.  That day was when Miyoung started to like him.

Tuesday December 17; when Exo and the girls went shopping for the charity event the next day, Miyoung made a decision to stop the whole plan because she just wanted to spend time with Exo and not get all held up with trying to get Sehun.  Also, while they were at the antique store, Sehun noticed her eyeing the music box and decided to go back and buy it for her without anyone knowing.  The song did have something to do with that was going to happen to her, so those of you who said that, guessed correctly! :))

Wednesday December 18; the whole time Miyoung felt very uncomfortable because the guests at the charity event were mostly wealthy business man as appose to political leaders.  To clear things up, Jongin does not like her.  The whole dance part and everything was very attractive on his part though... He just wanted to see Sehun jealous and hopefully be able to make a move on her.  As Jongin bid for Miyoung in the charity auction, Sehun was growing more envious especially after watching them dance that night.  Sehun made sure to win her that night then start to slowly open up to her as he told her that they were dating that night.

This wasn’t supposed to happen.  Miyoung was very reluctant on this but she decided to go through it anyways hoping that Sehun was just joking around.  She even warned him that he would regret it when the time comes, but that was the end of that conversation.

When Miyoung’s brother showed up from the states, that got Sehun super jealous because he didn’t know how he was.  He didn’t like the fact that Miyoung was started to hide secrets from him and gradually stopped hanging out with him.  Sehun assumed that Miyoung was just playing him and that night at the Christmas party, he was very angry and wanted to end the relationship there since Miyoung didn’t even defend herself.

Friday December 27; Sehun found Taeyoung and Miyoung out on a sibling date together and was very angry to see that.   He wanted to work things out with her, but Miyoung was making things complicated.  In this update, Miyoung was very confused when Sehun started spilling out his feelings.  She was confused because she liked Sehun but she forgot that she was supposed to call it off with him before her surgery, if you guys understand (feel free to ask questions if you don’t).  When Sehun left her, she was just like, “what the heck happened?” and whatnot.

Even though she was confused, when Eunae called Miyoung to tell her to tell Sehun everything about the surgery and whatnot, she planned to do that, but then the bus accident happened.

Remember that the blood was already leaking into her brain and that night when she was in the accident it caused her go unconscious.  Because the bleeding was left untreated for a while, Miyoung was pronounced brain dead at the hospital.  Even with surgery, it wouldn’t help her because her brain won’t come back to life, I guess unless for a miracle (but yall know how angsty I am).

I was actually thinking about the miracle but to keep things with reality and well, my angsty mood, I decided to go with my original plan.

And that’s basically the whole story.


I only got 3 questions, so here they are:

1. Because of the plane crush that is why she got the subarchnoid hemorrhage right?

  • The plane crash caused the brain aneurysm which led to the subarachnoid hemorrhage.

2. What happened to Sehun after that? That's it?

  • Hmm…what does happen to him?? Lol, I’ll leave that up to your imagination. :))

3. How is he? Miyoung is his first love, but he will meet his second right? Can you make a oneshot about it?

  • Another Sehun question.  Aha, mmm…yes, Miyoung is his first love and hopefully he’ll meet someone like her in his future so that he can actually get a life (not in a negative way, yo. Lol)  And a oneshot?? I’ll think about it.

Author’s note:

Thank you all for your love and support! I’m so proud of myself for finishing this on time even when I had to write it through my finals week, lol.  Thank you, thank you, thank you! There are no words to express how I feel, seriously.

***And, I was just messing with your hearts when I said that 27 Days was my last story on aff.  I’m sorry! Lol, some of you must have missed my last comment, but yeah, I will not leave this site…I’m actually working on a Minseok story…lol. He’s been giving me a lot of feels…chenchen too. But yeah. That’s all I have to say. Thank you again for your love!

Sincerely, Miyoung.


Source:

1Brain Aneurysm. Mayo Clinic

2Subarachnoid Memorrhage. Mayo Clinic