December 5 - 27 Days

⚜ 27 Days

[Thursday December 5 - 27 Days]

          She groaned inwardly, “I only have one life to live so I want to live freely without restrictions, you know?” She took a sip of water from her water bottle, “I don’t understand how my parents can’t comprehend that.” She huffed.  Her friend nodded her head, wanting to say something but trying to finish the food in first.

          “I want to experience love and what it feels like to be in a relationship, what it feels like to love someone…” Her eyes twinkles as she thinks about those lovey dovey things couples do.  Her hands rose to her chest and she smiled into the air, “I want to sit in a library for hours and read all the classic novels.  I want to walk along a beach and visit a lighthouse.  I want to lie under the night sky and count the stars in the sky…I want to live, you know…” she trails out just before her friend swallows the last of her food.

          “Miyoung—you know why your parents are being like this. They care for you, okay?  They’re a bit strict but that’s for your own wellbeing—” She stated before taking a sip of water.  Miyoung pursed her lips and rolled her eyes, “Well they’re suffocating me.” She retorted, “I swear—if they keep this up, I’m going to die faster than I should.”

          Her friend groaned, “Oh my goodness, Miyoung.” She sighed heavily, “You can still do all those things you just listed—” A mischievous grin came across her face.  Miyoung’s face brightened as she took notice, “I know that look, Eunae…what are you planning??” She leaned into the table as Eunae did the same.  “What’s the number one thing on your to do list righ-”

          “A relationship.” Miyoung states without hesitation.  Eunae nods, “How about…the first guy to walk through those doors, you have to—have to—pursue him and go out with him.”

          “…That’s your awesome plan for me to get in a relationship?” Miyoung asked dryly.  Eunae’s eyes widened as she nodded her head, “Yeah! I think it’s brilliant! I mean, you don’t even want that kind of rel-”

          “That’s good…” Miyoung nodded her head, “that’s really good…” She chuckled before turning her head and staring out the door. 

          The two girls looked at the unmoving doors into the cafeteria.  “…the only thing I worry about it that I hope the guy is good looking…” Miyoung muttered under her breath, “I swear, if he isn’t this little deal thingy—”

          “Nope—you have to—come on, Miyoung…” Eunae chuckled, “live a little.” She smirked before Miyoung rolled her eyes, “Ugh, I guess, since it’ll only be for a month…”  Eunae her lips before nodding her head slowly.  She shook that comment off before stuffing again, “that’s right…listen to me.” She chuckled a bit.  Miyoung’s eyes were fixated on the doors.  Her heartbeat accelerated every time the doors opened then dropped again once the person walking through the doors were girls.

          “Calm down, Miyoung.  Eat your food.” Eunae mumbled as she continued chewing her food.  Miyoung looked over at her with a blank stare, “You seriously think I can eat right now? I mean—I love food but seriously, Eunae??  If that guy’s not good looking, I have to prepare myself and—”

          She stopped midsentence when she heard the doors being pushed open.  Her head whipped to the side and eyes widened when the person walked through, followed by some other people.

          “Holy …luck is not on my side.” Miyoung whispered awe struck.  Eunae coughed, choking on her food before taking a gulp of water and swallowing everything in . “Oh my ing goodness—how in the world??” she cocked her head to the side and continued staring at the boy as he made his way to the lunch line to order something to eat.  “Damn…I—I seriously don’t even know what to say right now.” Eunae muttered before resting her head in the palm of her hands.

          “Dude…I can’t even—he has a girlfriend…we need to do this again.” Miyoung stated before looking at Eunae.  She waved her hands in front of her face, “Hellooo~~~ earth to you, Ms. Choi—” She clapped her hands in front of her friend’s face, breaking Eunae’s concentration.  “Wh-what??” She asked as she straightened and looked away from the boy.  “He has a girlfriend.” Miyoung stated again before Eunae groaned, “Do you know that for a fact…or are you just saying that because you don’t want to be rejected over and over again by one of the freaking kingka of the campus??” Eunae smirked before Miyoung reached over and flicked her forehead, “yah! Seriously!??”

          Eunae winced and moved back away from her, “What the hell!??” She rubbed her forehead as the pain started spreading to the side.  “I’m not afraid of rejection, okay?  I have more things to be afraid of…I just don’t want to deal with a girl, you know?”  Miyoung puffed and rolled her neck, groaning, “Ughh, I have to go to human relations now…” she muttered as she stood up from her table seat slowly, “I’ll see you back at the dorm.”

          Eunae nodded and waved her hand in the air, “yeah—have fun learning about relationships.” She snickered before Miyoung shook her head, “cultural relationships, not-”  Eunae chuckled and waved her comment away, “Whatever.” She laughed before Miyoung walked away.


          Miyoung walked out of the dining hall and outside as the cool wind pinched her skin.  It was technically still fall but the December air was freezing cold.  “Wear a jacket tomorrow, idiot.” She muttered to herself as she hugged her sweater tighter around her shivering body.  She scrunched her nose and sniffed as she walked across the street and through the courtyard.  The wind decided to pick up making her slide her hands up and down her arms, trying to make heat.

          “It always skips fall and goes straight to winter here…” she muttered under her breath before entering into Armstrong Hall.  She walks into the heated building and passed the staircase before reaching the elevator and pressing the button with the up arrow.  She gets side glances from other students but she shrugs them off like every other day.  The door opens before she enters and presses the number 3 button.  Moments later, the door opens again and she walks out, turning left and walking to the class at the other end.

          Her eyes widens when she sees how filled the classroom already is.  “There’s a guest speaker today, Miyoung.” One of her classmates chuckled at her reaction before she furrows her brows, “But that doesn’t explain why there are so many people here.” Miyoung mutters as she grabs a free desk, a couple seats away from that classmate.  “There are some people here from other classes too.”

          Miyoung looks around, nodding her head, “ahhh…I see.” She whispers before sighing heavily, “So…like, can I skip this?” She asked before the girl shook her head, “no! Weren’t you paying attention to the professor on Tuesday?  We have an essay due a week from Tuesday about this speaker and what he talked aboutsince we won't have a final.” She lectured before Miyoung starts to laugh, “eshh, I was joking, chill, yo.” She unpacked her notebook and a pencil to get ready to take notes.

          Gradually, the lecture hall started filling up until there were not more seats left.  Miyoung sighed and stared blankly at the door, waiting for the speaker to walk through the doors.  Seriously, what’s taking him so long… she thought just as the door opened.  Miyoung sighed, “finally…” she muttered before she froze up.  The person walked through the door and turned his head to look for any open seats.

          “Sehun!!”

          Shivers ran up her spine as he looked in her direction and started walking towards her.  Her heart began to beat faster and goose bumps rose to her skin.

          “Wassup!?” The voice behind her chuckled as Sehun nodded an answer, “move over…” Sehun spoke as he climbed the rest of the steps and passed her.  He’s so cold, dammit!  Miyoung cursed and sighed heavily.  She ruffled her bangs and puffed as she sunk in her seat.

          Why this guy?? She asked herself, of all the guys on campus.  It had to be him.


          She slid the key into the keyhole and turned the knob, opening the door into her dorm room.  Eunae was already in there, typing away on her laptop.  “Dude, he’s not dating anyone.” Eunae commented as Miyoung walked in, throwing her bag on the ground next to her desk and pressing the power button of her laptop before collapsing into her chair and spinning around, “and how do you know?” she asked raising a brow.

          “Because I went around asking people if he was dating her or-”  Miyoung looked over at her friend in disbelief, “You seriously went around…asking people on campus if he was dating her??  You’re seriously taking this way too far, Eunae.” Miyoung chuckled before turning around again to unlock her laptop.  “Ughh, I don’t really like this idea anymore…seriously, I don’t want to become the laughing stock of the school.  I’m a freshmen and I really don’t want—”

          “Well…like you said,” Eunae commented, “you only have one life to live.” Her smile wavered a bit, “Come on…it won’t be that bad.  Plus, you’re both from wealthy families…who knows…maybe he won’t mind being in a relationship with the ministry of foreign affairs daughter.” She wiggled her eyebrows and smirked as Miyoung rolled her eyes.  “No, that’s probably the reason why he wouldn’t go out with me.” She corrected.

          “Ahh, speaking of my daddy, my parents want me to go back home for the break.  I told them no, but like I said, they don’t listen.  Come back with me??” Miyoung asked, pouting her lips and making puppy dog eyes at Eunae.  Miyoung chuckled as Eunae cringed and shivered in disgust, “eww, girl, don’t do that, ever again.” She laughed a bit before nodding, “and duh! I love coming home with you!” Eunae chuckled before Miyoung rolled her eyes and turned around to her computer screen.  “Whatever…umm, the car will be here tomorrow morning then.”

          “Eh!?? Tomorrow?” Eunae turned around just as Miyoung put her laptop in hibernation and stood up.  “Yeah, they were going to come tonight, but I told them that there was a conference I had to go to tonight.”  She slipped her slippers off as Eunae groaned, “Alright then.” She puffed, “I’ll pack in a bit.” She turned her attention back to her work on the computer screen.  Miyoung nodded and tiredly climbed the steps of the lofted bed, “yeah…I’m going to get some rest.”

          Eunae chuckled, “Yeah…don’t work so hard, Oh Sehun will definitely notice you no matter what.”


Wow, first chapter up. I say I'm doing pretty well so far, lmfao. Let's see how this goes. :)) I hope you all like it. I'll try my best with this one. Ah! And since this is a month story thingy, I'm putting the TBAC on hold for a while. I'll probably update this month or something, though. *sigh, yeah. heh heh.

Ah, sorry if you read some mistakes, once again, I'm not really going through and correcting them, lol, I'll probably do that after I'm done with the story.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))