Chapter 4

Bus Crush

 Taeyeon stayed up the whole night telling Sunny what had just happened. She ended up texting the girl until the wee hours of the night. She only stopped texting when Sunny failed to reply her messages and partly because her phone was starting to die on her.

 

 

‘KIM TAEYEON! DON’T YOU HAVE SCHOOL TODAY?’

 

Taeyeon woke up from her slumber after hearing her father’s voice. She glanced at the clock and jumped out of bed almost immediately. There was only an hour before school starts. She rushed out after taking a quick shower.

 

'Where do you think you're going?'

 

Taeyeon stopped as she was putting on her shoe.

 

'I'm late!'

 

'I know. Can you at least let me finish my coffee before I send you to school?'

 

Taeyeon noticed that her father was all dressed up for work too. 

 

'I miss this. I barely get to talk to you since I've been working late. Isn't it better if you just stick to letting me send you to school every morning like I use to?'

 

'It's alright. There's the bus. I can take public transport to get to school'

 

'I know but you wake up so early. Why do that when I can send you to school since it's on my way to work....You're not seeing a boy behind my back, are you? You know how I feel about you dating.' 

 

'I know. No dating until after college. Don't worry, dad.' 

 

Taeyeon got to school with fifteen minutes to spare. She received a few messages from her friends asking if she was attending school since they didn't see her in the cafeteria. Since it was a Tuesday, it means that none of her classes are the same as Yuri or Sunny. Taeyeon would sit at the back of her classes minding her own business. She wasn't really keen in making small talks but would politely entertain anyone who talks to her. She wouldn't have known so many people if it wasn't for Yuri, Sunny and Hyoyeon who knew almost everyone on campus. Taeyeon was the type who enjoys being on her own. In a way, she's an introvert.

 

She made her way to the usual spot once her final class was done. As she was approaching the bench, she was slightly surprised to see Sunny and the dancer happily chatting together.

 

'Oh. Taeyeon. This is Hyomin. I haven't really introduced you guys to each other right?'

 

'Hi, Hyomin.' 

 

'Hello, Taeyeon. It's nice to finally meet you. I should get going. There's dance practice today.' 

 

Taeyeon sat where Hyomin was sitting earlier on and raised her eyebrow at Sunny.

 

'What?'

 

Sunny questioned Taeyeon's look

 

'Really sure that nothing is going on between the two of you?'

 

'W...we're just friends.'

 

'Right.'

 

'Anyway, you didn't get to see her this morning? I still can't believe you didn't even say a word to her after all that happened!'

 

'....I was too shocked to even process anything'

 

'Can you at least smile or something? She might actually think that you're extremely cold or that you hate her. Judging from your reactions.'

 

'Wouldn't it be creepy if I smiled?'

 

'Wouldn't it be scary if you didn't?'

 

The pair continued their conversation until Yuri interrupted them. The girl was panting and trying to catch her breath.

 

'Woah. Are you running away from your fangirls? fanboys?'

 

Yuri shook her head as she tried to regain her normal breathing

 

'T...Taeyeon...Y..You take the bus from....f..from C..Cheomdang-dong right?'

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

'G..Guess what? Taecyeon's girl was asking him if he knows anyone in our school who takes the morning bus from Cheomdang-dong. Taeyeon, I think someone's been asking about you!'