Chapter 23

Bus Crush

 

Hey guys!

Thanks for being really patient with me. Finally back from my holidays with school starting :/ Hope this would chase the Monday blues away! 

- mischiefhwang

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

'You look extremely happy'

 

Taeyeon heard her father's voice.

 

'Huh?'

 

'You've been standing by the fridge for the past 15 minutes....smiling to yourself'

 

She heard him say.

 

'Oh. Erm, I should go take a shower'

 

Taeyeon excused herself and rushed to her room without making any eye contact. Once she closed her bedroom door, she lets out a sigh as she fell on her bed. Taeyeon laid on her back. Her index finger and thumb went up to her lips touching them gently. She stayed that way, closing her eyes with a smile still glued to her face as she recalled what happened just an hour ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'So what do you think, they are? Friends? More than friends?'

 

Tiffany asked Taeyeon when she heard what the older girl had mentioned about Yuri's odd behaviour.

 

The pair had agreed to meet up since it was the last week of school. Though the pair would be seeing more of each other once the semester starts, things would definitely be different. Tiffany would be attending the same school. The thought came crashing down on Taeyeon when the younger girl talked about it on the phone just before they met up. Tiffany had noticed the slight glum on Taeyeon's face and was the one took the initiative to intertwine their hands hoping that it would put a smile on the older girl's face.

 

'Okay, spill.'

 

Tiffany stopped right in front of Taeyeon.

 

'Huh?'

 

'What's on your mind?'

 

Tiffany asked the older girl

 

'Are you upset about something? Do you not like the idea that our best friends might be interested in each other? Is it the B grade you just got for your final exam? Or is it about being in the same school next semester?'

 

Tiffany knew she hit the nail on the head when Taeyeon looked away as she said the last sentence. Taking it the wrong way, Tiffany's released her hands from Taeyeon's. As their hands were no longer intertwined, it was now Tiffany who seemed visibly upset. Her face fell as she turned around and started to walk away from Taeyeon. Realizing this, Taeyeon quickened her steps to catch up with the younger girl

 

'Tiffany!'

 

Taeyeon called out, amazed by how fast the other girl was walking.

 

'Tiffany! Wait up! Fany!'

 

Taeyeon shouted. Tiffany turned around, despite the lack of lighting, Taeyeon could tell that Tiffany was teary-eyed.

 

'What? Do you have a secret girlfriend in school that I'm unaware of? I thought you would be excited about being in the same school. I mean...I really like you and I really thought being in the same school is something that we could both look forward to after the holidays.'

 

Tiffany tried her best to make her voice sound stable before turning around again to look away.

 

'Wh..what?'

 

Taeyeon stuttered at the accusation

 

'Hey.....'

 

Taeyeon managed to intertwine their hands again.

 

'It's not what you think. It's just...I'm going to sound really stupid but...Ithinkyouaregoingtobethetalkoftheschoolonceyouareattendingit.'

 

Taeyeon mumbled the last part hoping that Tiffany wouldn't be able to catch it. Taeyeon frowned when Tiffany stood still, the younger girl's back was still facing her. She slowly turned the girl around causing them to face each other.

 

'I...I'm extremely excited about being in the same school next semester but at the same time....I'm scared that I might lose you to someone else.'

 

Taeyeon confessed. 

 

'What makes you think that would happen?'

 

Tiffany finally spoke. Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders in response though in her head, the voices she had overheard while waiting for the bus alone was on repeat. Just as Nicole arrived to pick Hyoyeon up, a bunch of male schoolmates reached the bus stop. Taeyeon didn't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation but they were talking so loudly that she couldn't help but hear every word that was said. The boys had talked about Taecyeon's break up with Yoona. One of them was arrogantly declaring that he would be the next one to date Yoona while a few others mentioned Tiffany's name along with Jessica's. It seems that the three girls had caught the attention of a number of male students when they came over for the carnival.

 

Taeyeon stared at the ground with her hands still intertwined with Tiffany's. She felt Tiffany's grip loosen and just as she was about to look up, she felt something soft on her lips. Her eyes widened in shock when she realized that Tiffany was kissing her. 

 

'I don't think you have to worry about that.' 

 

Tiffany muttered as she pulled away from the kiss. The younger girl wrapped her arm around Taeyeon, half dragging the older girl who was still trying to grasp what just happened.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mr Kim found Taeyeon playing with her bowl of cereal the next morning. That meant that the pair would be leaving home together. Taeyeon had received a text from Tiffany just before going to bed that Yoona's dad was going to give the girls a ride to school. Hence, explaining why she wasn't up early as usual

 

'So.....are you going to tell me what's with the smirk last night? Is there a boy I should know about?'

 

Taeyeon heard her father ask. She shrugged her shoulders as she continued to play with her food

 

'You know, I was just joking about the 'no-dating' rule right? If you're seeing someone...you can tell me about it.'

 

Her father continued as he walked around the counter to pour himself a cup of coffee.

 

Taeyeon shook her head, unwilling to share anything about herself and Tiffany just yet. Besides, they were still at the stage of getting to know each other better. 

 

'Are you sure?'

 

She heard him ask again and nodded in response

 

'Ahh...Guess I have to get my eyes checked then. She's really pretty. What was her name again? Tiffany?' 

 

Taeyeon chocked on her cereal as soon as she heard those words. She felt her father patting her back while pushing a glass of water towards her. 

 

'Come on kiddo. We wouldn't want you to be late for school'

 

Mr Kim grabbed his keys and laughed as he walked towards the front door.