Chapter 15

Bus Crush

Hey guys,

 

so sorry for the lack of updates and PM replies. I've been really busy with school and some stuff. Had a really really annoying weekend with the whole 'losing my wallet' and . Anyway, I have a paper due this weekend so I might not be able to update until Saturday. I promise to do double updates to make up for going MIA! The mothership and siblings are staying over until New Year's so that means I'll be staying in my room a lot more and.......more updates then! I hope your week is going on better than mine! 

 

love,

mischiefhwang

 

==================================================================================

 

'Are you on the bus already?' 

 

'Uhhuh. The bus is surprisingly empty today.' 

 

'Are you sitting alone then?' 

 

'For now, yes. Are you waiting for the bus? It's about 2 stops away now' 

 

'Crossing the junction now' 'You shouldn't be texting when you're crossing roads' 

 

'Whoops :/ Save a seat for me?' 

 

'I'll try to' 

 

'I read your letter. She's not my girlfriend. She just happened to take the bus from the same stop and she happens to know me' 

 

'Huh?' 

 

'Did you think something was going on between us? Between me and the girl?' 

 

'Your stop's the next one. You better be the first one to board since the seat next to me is the only empty one left' 

 

Taeyeon placed her phone inside her messenger bag. She spotted the bus that she's suppose to take stopping at the res light. She looked around noticing that the girl who would take the bus with her most mornings wasn't for. For some weird reason, Taeyeon found herself slightly concerned about the girl. After those few days of talking to each other while waiting for the bus and throughout the bus ride, Taeyeon started treating the girl like a younger sister. 

 

'Hey, are you okay?' 

 

Taeyeon took out her phone again and texted someone that she saved as 'Hyun - Bus stop girl' She placed her phone back into her bag and got ready to board the bus. This time, she managed to be the first one to board. As soon as she tapped her card, she scanned the bus quickly trying to spot the girl she's looking for. She saw someone sticking her head out by the side with a big smile and knew immediately where her seat was. 

 

'Morning' 

 

Taeyeon greeted the girl with a wide grin. This was the first time since the start of the week that they finally got to sit next to each other. Most days, it would be Taeyeon talking to the other girl during the bus rides and she was only able to talk to Tiffany when they alight together to switch buses. 

 

'Morning' 

 

Tiffany replied. She had saved the seat on purpose. Opting to sit on the outside so that people would have to ask her to move if they want the empty seat by the window. It wasn't until Taeyeon's stop that she shifted in. To be honest, Tiffany had been wanting to spend more time to talk to the girl. She has been moody for the past few days since they interact mostly through texts, brief conversations and there's the usual letter exchange. Tiffany was hoping they could have more face to face interaction. They were both busy preparing for their exams and Taeyeon was still unsure about Tiffany's feeling for her.

 

'Here's yours' 

 

Taeyeon handed Tiffany a letter. Tiffany smiled and placed it in her back. The bus stopped at the next stop and more passengers started to board the bus. Due to the squeezing, Taeyeon found herself being pushed closer to Tiffany. The pair looked away shyly, still not used to each other although it has already been almost a week since their ice cream 'date'

 

'Sorry.'

 

Taeyeon apologized as the bag of the man standing next to her seat kept nudging the girl. 

 

'It's alright. Where's your friend?'

 

Tiffany asked noticing that the girl that Taeyeon has been talking to during the bus rides is missing

 

'Not too sure. She's not my girlfriend you know.'

 

'I know. You told me that earlier.'

 

'Are you free this weekend?'

 

Taeyeon blurted out

 

'Huh?'

 

'I…I mean….do you want to study together? You have a test on Monday right? I have a test too. I mean…..we could have a study date'

 

Taeyeon could feel herself blushing at the word 'date'

 

'Er……'

 

'It's okay if you have other plans. I just thought it might be nice to have some company while studying. I'll be at the Starbucks near where we had ice cream. Yuri, Sunny and Hyomin are planning on studying together. You know them right? You can ask Jessica along too.'

 

Taeyeon asked trying not to sound desperate. 

 

'Oh. Okay, I'll ask Jess.'

 

Tiffany smiled. She would be lying if she said she wasn't disappointed. She had thought that Taeyeon meant studying together. Just the two of them.

 

'E…Do you want to listen?'

 

Taeyeon offered one of her earpiece to Tiffany. 

 

'Huh? S….Sure'

 

Tiffany replied as she shyly took the earpiece. This is a start, she told herself. She could get used to the long bus rides now.

 

 

------------------

 

'YOU SAID WHAT?! NO NO NO NO NO. Why are we being dragged into this?'

 

Sunny protested when Taeyeon told her about the study session on Saturday.

 

'Come on. Please? I mean, I didn't know what else to say. If she says she's not free on Saturday then we won't have to have the study session. I just need your help in case she says yes.'

 

'URGH.'

 

Sunny groaned. Over the week, Sunny and Hyomin had decided to take things slow by agreeing to exclusively date each other. They had plans to have a date on Saturday, a quiet day, just the two of them. Yuri on the other hand didn't say much. She didn't want to go after hearing Jessica's name being mentioned. The tall girl has been trying to get Jessica off her mind for the past week but to no avail. The last thing she want is for her to see Jessica again and be reminded of why she had fallen for the girl in the first place. 

 

The three girls continued their lunch in silence before Yuri excused herself.

 

'Hey, don't you think there's something wrong with her?'

 

Taeyeon asked Sunny.

 

'I know what you mean. She's been…..awfully quiet lately.'

 

'Have you tried asking her?'

 

'I did. I even asked Hyo to help but Hyo doesn't have the answers. She did mention that Yuri's been sighing a lot too.'

 

'…..Hmmmm, any idea what it's about?'

 

'No idea. Should we force it out of her?'

 

'…..Let's just wait and see? Maybe she needs to sort things out on her own first.'

 

Taeyeon answered. 

 

'Oh. She said yes.'

 

Taeyeon read the message that she just received. 

 

'Wipe that smile off your face. You owe me one.'

 

Sunny told the girl who had a wide grin on her face. She couldn't help but feel happy for her friend. This was the first time she had seen Taeyeon smiling so much. 

 

'I'll go tell Yuri then. See you later! I'll buy you lunch tomorrow!'

 

Taeyeon said goodbye to the girl. She texted Yuri asking where the girl was. She received a quick reply and started heading to the toilet that Yuri mentioned in the text. She was about to call out Yuri's name when she overhead a muffled confession.

 

'No. No. No. Kwon Yuri, you can't fall for someone that your brother has dibs on. She's not yours.'