Chapter 22

Bus Crush

Tiffany and Jessica found themselves staring at Yoona. They had heard from the girl that her relationship with Taecyeon had ended and was expecting the girl to be crying or at least showing some form of sadness.

 

'I'm fine.'

 

The girl told them

 

'Are you sure?'

 

Tiffany asked cautiously

 

'Yes, I'm sure. It was mutual. We're just better off friends'

 

The pair nodded. They didn't want to ask any further in case they offend or annoy the girl.

 

'So how was your weekend?'

 

Yoona asked the two girls sitting in front of her

 

'Nothing special.'

 

The both answered almost at the same time.

 

'Really? Nothing going on between you and Taeyeon?'

 

Yoona looked at Tiffany suspiciously.

 

'…….'

 

'I knew it spill! Did you kiss? Did you make out? Did you……OUCH!'

 

Yoona rubbed her forehead after being flicked by Tiffany.

 

'It's not like that. Sheesh. What do you take me for? We're seeing each other now.'

 

'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'

 

Yoona responded. 

 

'What about you Jess?'

 

She turned her attention to Jessica

 

'Huh?'

 

'A little birdie told me that he saw you at the cafe with a certain someone'

 

'W…what?'

 

Jessica stuttered

 

'So it's true then?'

 

Yoona raised her eyebrow

 

'Oh. Look at the time! I've got to go!' 

 

Jessica packed her bag and started to leave. Tiffany was surprised at the girl's action. She was about to follow her when she read the message that just came in

 

'Hey, do you know anything about Yuri hanging out with Jessica over the weekend? They seemed to have caught a movie together. Yuri bolted off before I could ask her'

 

Tiffany looked up and saw that Jessica was already walking towards the school gate. What surprises her was that the girl was probably walking at the fastest pace Tiffany had ever seen her walk.

 

'JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON!' 

 

Tiffany shouted across, causing a lot of heads to turn. Jessica didn't even look back. She picked up her pace and thanked the heavens that her bus had arrived. 

 

After a few stops, Jessica found herself a seat and made herself comfortable. She plugged in her earphones and was about to fall asleep when the bus driver decided to drive through a hump.

 

'Urgh.'

 

She groaned as she sat up. Jessica looked out of the window and spotted a familiar figure at the bus stop that the bus just drove past. She took out her phone from her pocket and dialed a number

 

'H…hello?'

 

'YAH! Did you tell anyone about what we did during the weekends?'

 

'N…No. Hyo and Nic saw us on Sunday after the movie.'

 

'Where are you now?'

 

'Huh?'

 

'Where are you now?'

 

'….I'm not too sure. I'm kinda lost'

 

Jessica lets out a sigh and ended the call. She pressed the bell for the bus to stop and alighted at the next bus stop. The girl started walking back to where she first spotted Yuri and as expected, Yuri was still squinting at the bus directory.

 

'YAH! Kwon Yuri!'

 

Yuri jumped, surprised at the loud voice that just called out for her.

 

'H…How did you find me?'

 

'What are you doing here?'

 

'I..I kinda took the wrong bus when I was running away from Taeng and Hyo.'

 

'Have you had dinner?'

 

Yuri shook her head. She was getting hungry and planned on having a feast once she found her way back home

 

'Do you want to have some noodles for dinner? There's a nice noodle place just down the road'

 

'Sure.'

 

Yuri smiled as she followed Jessica. 

 

After eating their fill, Yuri and Jessica decided to take a walk as they digested the food that they've just eaten. Jessica suggested walking towards the park since there was a bus that Yuri could take to get home nearby. They filled each other in about the day and laughed at how they both reacted the same way when their best friends confronted them. As they were walking and talking, Yuri noticed how the two girl walking towards them looked strangely familiar. It wasn't until they were a short distance away that she realized who they were.

 

'What the!'

 

Jessica almost shouted when she felt Yuri pulling her towards a bush. The pair lost their balance and found themselves in a compromising position. The younger girl was about to voice out when Yuri cover . Yuri looked towards the pavement that they were just walking on and said a silent thank you that they were covered.

 

'So, what do you think they are? Friends? More than friends.'

 

Jessica recognized the voice

 

'I'm not sure. Should we just wait and see?'

 

'It's not like Jess to be so secretive about this.'

 

'It's not like Yuri to be so secretive about these things either'

 

The pair that were lying on the ground overhead the conversation. They waited until the voice faded away before getting off each other. As Yuri peeked out to see Taeyeon and Tiffany walking away with their hands intertwined, Jessica had her palm on her chest. She was trying to figure out why her heart was beating so fast.