Chapter 28

Bus Crush

Yoona couldn't help but smile to herself as she looked out of the cab's window. She was happy for Tiffany and Jessica yet at the same time, she felt a little left out. Things between her and Taecyeon didn't work out only because she decided to call things off. Yoona thought that things might be different with Taecyeon. A nice guy, good manners, what could possibly go wrong? It was clear after a few dates that Yoona was not attracted to him at all. The same thing that happens in most of her dates with other boys. It was not because they weren't good looking enough, has bad manners or anything else, it was only because Yoona already has someone else in mind. Tiffany and Jessica often told her that time heals all wounds. Yoona could only hope that time could help her get over her childhood crush, Seo Joohyun. 

 

Yoona arrived at SM College and made her way straight to the main office to collect her books. She managed to get her books quickly since there was barely any queue for the books. On her way out of the office, Yoona received a phone call from her parents asking where she was. As luck would have it, her parents offered to pick her up from SM College since they were on their way home from work. 

 

'Yes, Appa. I've collected all that I needed to collect. I'll wait at the bus stop. See you in a bit'

 

Yoona ended her call but fumbled with her phone. She watched in horror and a little bit of annoyance as her phone fell to the floor and dismantled itself in front of her. Yoona groaned as she placed her books on the floor and began to pick her phone up. She grabbed the main piece and the battery but was left looking for the back cover. 

 

'I think this belongs to you.'

 

Yoona heard someone saying. She looked up and fell on her bum as soon as she saw who it was.

 

'Are you okay?'

 

The girl asked Yoona while offering a helping hand

 

'Y...Yeah.' 

 

Yoona replied and picked herself off the floor without accepting the girl's outreached hand.

 

'Here.'

 

'T..Thanks.'

 

'I'm Seo Joohyun but you can just call me Seohyun. I'm starting my freshman year next semester.' 

 

'I...Im Yoona. I'm starting freshman year next semester too.'

 

'Cool. Nice to meet you. I've got to go now, hope to see you around!' 

 

Seohyun bid goodbye, leaving a stunned Yoona. Yoona gathered her books and walked towards the school gates. 

 

Seo Joohyun? Seohyun? Freshman? She doesn't even remember me, does she?' Yoona thought to herself. She sighed as she walked. It's going to be a long school year. She thought to herself again, looking back to see Seohyun getting inside a car.

 

'Who was that girl? A friend of yours?'

 

The man inside the car asked.

 

'Oh. Just an old friend. Doesn't seem like she recognized me though.' 

 

Seohyun replied

 

'Where would you like to go now?'

 

'Let's go to daddy's office. Thanks for driving me to get my books.'

 

Seohyun told him. She looked out of the window as the car drove away. Did you really forget about me? What are the odds of us meeting again like this? 

 

=================================================

 

Sunny ended up having dinner alone since Hyomin received a call just as they were about to enter the restaurant. The girl apologized to Sunny for bailing on their dinner date at the last minute. She made sure that Sunny got home safely before getting the cab driver to send her to where she needed to be. Sunny attempted to call her father but it seemed like her old man was also busy. The girl grumbled at her lack of plans before deciding to make the best out of her new found free time. She pulled out her usual luggage and opened her closet. As soon as she got into it, Sunny found herself totally immersed in packing for summer at her mother's. 

 

'So there are no other tickets? Only tonight?'

 

Hyomin asked her father's secretary. 

 

'All other flights are fully booked. Your father asked me to pass this to you. He said if you run into any problems, you should give him a call. And that you have to update your mother every day on where you are.'

 

'I will. Thanks for booking the flight for me. I'm really glad I packed everything yesterday night. I'll go get changed real quick'

 

Hyomin said as she handed her school bag over to him and ran off to the restroom with the clothes that had been packed ealier. After changing, Hyomin took her backpacking bag from her father's secretary and flung it over her shoulders. He then handed over her passport along with a new mobile phone and some cash before walking over to the counter with her. Hyomin proceeded to collect her plane tickets and bid her goodbyes before disappearing past immigration. The girl sent text messages to her parents as well as Sunny before boarding the plane.

 

'Sorry for the last minute change in plans. I'll make it up to you tomorrow.' 

 

Hyomin sent the message to Sunny and switched her phone off. She took out the notebook that she had packed inside her travel bag. Hyomin opened up to re-read all the information she had collected over the past week. There were pictures of places that Sunny mentioned before, places that the girl wanted to go instead of being stuck with her mother for the whole summer.