Chapter 20

Bus Crush

Yuri and Jessica had spent the entire Saturday together. Their day was supposed to end after lunch since technically the whole reason why there was a study date was because of Taeyeon and Tiffany. Since the pair wasn't even coming, Yuri and Jessica decided to do something else. Yuri spontaneously suggested watching a movie. They did just that, watching a random movie that turned out to be exceptionally good. After the movie, Jessica suggested visiting a cafe that she's been wanting to go. They did just that, sipping artisan coffee and sharing a big slice of cake while talking about other random things. Time seemed to fly by because it wasn't until Yuri's phone started ringing that they both realized that it was getting late.

 

'KWON YURI! Did you forget about our dinner plans?'

 

Yuri heard a stern voice on the other end.

 

'Oh no. I'm really sorry. I'll be right there.'

 

'Dinner's over. Just get back home now.'

 

'I'm sorry, dad.'

 

Yuri ended the phone call and looked apologetically at Jessica.

 

'You need to go?'

 

Yuri nodded.

 

'Thanks for today. I really enjoyed myself.'

 

The older girl told Jessica

 

'Same here. So….I guess I'll see you soon?'

 

'I'll call you.'

 

Yuri said to Jessica before she left the cafe. Jessica decided to sit for a little while more until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

'K..Krystal? What are you doing here?'

 

Jessica was slightly shocked to see her younger sister

 

'I've been sitting there for the past hour. I wanted to greet you but you seemed really engrossed in your conversation. Who was that?'

 

'Who was what?'

 

'Oh come on. The girl that just left.'

 

'Oh….just a friend.'

 

'Really? Just a friend?'

 

'Yes. Just a friend. Are you here alone?'

 

'Amber just left. See, told you that you were too engrossed. Are you planning on staying her the whole night?'

 

Krystal nudged her older sister. The siblings left the cafe together and managed to get themselves a cab home.  As they entered their home, they were surprised to see their parents waiting for them in the living room.

 

'Did you do something wrong?'

 

Jessica muttered to Krystal.

 

'No. Did you?'

 

Krystal muttered back to the older girl.

 

'No. Did you overspend again?'

 

Jessica nudged the girl

 

'Girls, no one did anything wrong. We were just waiting for you two to get home. We'll be having guests tomorrow for early brunch. I expect you girls to be up by then. This means you, Sooyeon.'

 

'Where are we going for brunch?'

 

'Here actually. Our guests will be coming over.'

 

The pair nodded and headed straight to their rooms. Jessica fell asleep as soon as her head touched the pillow. The girl's phone continued to vibrate but Jessica paid no attention to it as she was already in deep sleep.

 

Jessica woke up the next morning reluctantly as her mother had barged inside her room to wake her up. She got dressed and sat down on the sofa next to Krystal who was busy using her phone. Seeing that, she got reminded of her own phone and ran back into her room just to get it. That was when she realized that there were 3 missed calls from Yuri. The girl went back down to the living room, typing a message before deciding that it might be better to just call her.

 

'Girls, our guests are here.'

 

Jessica heard her mother ushering the guests into the living room just as she pressed the call button. 

 

'OH!' 

 

She heard Krystal say. Jessica was about to end the call when she got distracted by a very loud ringtone.

 

'Didn't I tell you to put your phone on silent mode! So sorry about my daughter.'

 

She heard a stern voice. Jessica turned around and was surprised to see Yuri standing in front of her. 

 

'You're calling?'

 

Yuri gestured to her phone that was showing Jessica's name on the screen. The pair shared a laugh, confusing everyone in the room. 

 

'Seems like the two of you have met each other.' 

 

Mr Kwon commented. 

 

'There's no need for introductions then.'

 

Mr Jung added laughing with the other older man.

 

'Sorry I fell asleep last night.'

 

Jessica apologized

 

'I figured that out after the third attempt'

 

Yuri chuckled