Chapter 31

Bus Crush

Summer vacation came and went fast. Soon, it was back to school for everyone. Taeyeon and Tiffany had spent most of their summer vacation together though there were a few times when Taeyeon had to go back to school for reasons she didn't explain in details to Tiffany. Sunny and Hyomin who had initially planned to spend most of their time in the US travelling had to cut it short. Sunny ended up spending another month with her mother before her mother allowed the love sick girl to return home a month early. By then, Hyomin and Hyoyeon were busy with rehearsals for a performance for the incoming freshmen orientation. Yuri and Jessica though, didn't get to spend much time together as they were both busy helping out with the family business. Despite that, the couple still kept in touch and manage to squeeze in weekly dates at their favourite restaurant. 

 

The first day of school arrived and everyone seemed to be excited. Sooyoung, Yoona, Tiffany, Jessica and Seohyun will be starting a brand new chapter in their lives. Hyomin, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Taeyeon would be seniors, their final year in school before they enter the real world. In the morning of their first day of school, Yoona, Tiffany and Jessica had made plans to meet up early and head to SM College together. Tiffany and Jessica though excited to attend the same college as their girlfriends, they were a bit disappointed that both Taeyeon and Yuri were unable to go to school together with them on the first day. 

 

'Alright everyone, the three-day orientation starts today. I need everyone to be at their assigned locations in 15 minutes. We will meet in the main hall at 8am sharp. Orientation leaders, I'm sure you have all been briefed about the clan games? Second years, learn as much as you can from the seniors you're partnered with because next year, you will be the seniors teaching your own partners. Right, let's make this orientation go well. We will be having a debrief at 5pm once everything is over.' Taeyeon briefed her entire team. Other than being the current top student in SM College, she had been assigned as the overall-in-charge of the Freshmen Orientation. Her final leadership task as a senior.

 

'Damn, I forgot how stuffy our formal uniform is.'

Yuri whined. 

 

'I'm sure Jessica would be pleased by how smart you're dressed when you usher the new students to the main hall at the gates.'

Sunny teased. 

 

'See you guys at 8am?' 

Taeyeon chipped in, looking both tired and nervous

 

'Everything will be fine. I'm sure Tiffany would be proud seeing how capable her midget girlfriend is'

Yuri encouraged her best friend through teasing

 

'Yuri's right. Though I hope Tiffany knows how to fix a tie better than you can'

Sunny teased Taeyeon as she fixed the girl's tie. 

 

'Thanks guys'

Taeyeon smiled as she shoo-ed her friends away to their assigned locations.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona, Jessica and Tiffany were in Mr Im's car making their way to SM College. Yoona was glad that her bestfriends had agreed to go to school with her that morning but couldn't help feel guilty that she had kept them away from Yuri and Taeyeon.

 

'I'll buy you both ice cream once orientation is over. Can you please spare me the guilt trip for now and smile a bit before we reach the school gate?' 

Yoona told the two girls next to her.

 

' Huh? It's nothing to do with you. I'm just a little upset between Taeyeon hasn't replied me. Not even a good morning. Do you think she overslept?' 

Tiffany pouted while staring at her phone

 

'I'm just tired. Sorry.'

Jessica replied in monotone. 

 

'Girls, we're here. Have a good day in school.' 

Mr Im told the girls as the car came to a stop right next to the SM College's bus stop. All three girls said their thanks and straightened their new uniform as they exited the car. Tiffany and Jessica were busying with their phones when they bumped into each other because Yoona had stopped abruptly as soon as they entered the school gates.

 

'OUCH. WHAT THE ?!'

Jessica almost cursed out loud gaining the attention of everyone around them.

 

'Good morning. Welcome to SM College. Please make your way to the main hall by walking on the marked path.' 

Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona stood still causing others to squeeze past them just to enter the gates. 

 

'Morning Sica.' 

Yuri greeted her girlfriend with a smile

 

'Come on freshies, stop blocking the way.' 

A grumpy voice snapped the three girls back to reality. 

 

'Good morning Ms Son' 

Yuri greeted the lady who was now in front of her.

 

'Your tie's a bit messed up.' 

The lady fixed Yuri's tie and blazer before Yuri could react.

 

'You look good today, Ms Kwon.' 

Ms Son smiled and slipped a note inside Yuri's blazer

 

'T...thanks?' 

Yuri responded flustered at the actions of the school's counsellor. Her attention soon turned to a raging girl who was glaring at her.

 

Jessica walked straight to Yuri, grabbing the note the older lady had slipped. She read the note, disbeliving the words written and threw it back at Yuri, running off without looking back. Tiffany and Yoona ran after Jessica, unsure about the entire situation. Yuri stood still like a statue, completely frozen in place. 

 

'Woah, looks like you've got a lot of explaining to do. Good luck, Yul.' 

Yuri's attention was turned to Hyoyeon, all dressed in her performance attire. The girl handed over the note to Yuri who relunctantly took the note from her. 

 

'Great. Just great. This definitely is not the best day of my life' 

Yuri sighed. Slipping the note back into her blazer as she tried her best to focus on ushering the new students to the main hall.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

 

First off, apologies for taking such a long time to update. It took a lot of nagging and poking that I finally decided to pick up where I left off. It's been more than a year since my last update? So, my writing style has changed but I will try my best to meet your expectations. Please feel free to comment on how the story is going. If it , be honest. If it's okay, please be honest too. I'll attempt to update as often as I can. And hopefully not drag this story too long to the point that you will get bored of it.

Again, thank you for still reading this fic. Sorry that you guys have to reread it all over again (Trust me, I had to reread it too). Really thankful for all the support. Hope everyone is well and thanks again!

 

mischiefhwang