Chapter 19

Bus Crush

Hey guys!

I know I'm kinda late but......HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I hope everyone had a great christmas, if not.....there's still NEW YEAR'S!!

Do let me know how you feel about the story or just PM me if you feel like talking. Thanks for all the support for this story, I really appreciate it! Just less than a week to 2014! Let's end 2013 on a happy note (:

Yulsic fans, don't worry. I'll write about them in the next update (:

I have a feeling that this story is going to last longer than I intend it to.

=========================================================================

 

'Should I wear this? Too tacky? Too much?'

 

Tiffany whined to Jessica through their video call. 

 

'Hello? Jessice Jung? Jung Sooyeon!'

 

Tiffany walked back to her computer when she didn't get a response.

 

'Your Korean name is Sooyeon?' 

 

Tiffany heard an unfamiliar voice. She squinted at the screen to see another figure next to Jessica.

 

'Is that……?'

 

'YAH! I told you to keep quiet! Talk to you later, Tiff. You look great! And oh, you're going to be late.'

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow at Jessica's abrupt behavior. She would have interrogated the girl if it wasn't for the time. Jessica was right, she was going to be late.

 

Taeyeon arrived at the ice cream parlor about 10 minutes before the agreed time. She was slightly relieved that the seats were all taken only because she had plans on asking the girl to walk with her to the park. She had plans to confess to the girl but Taeyeon definitely didn't want to do it in a public space. She played with the straps of her backpack nervously while waiting for the girl.

 

'Sorry I'm late! Did you wait long?'

 

Taeyeon heard the familiar voice from behind her. As she turned to face the girl, she couldn't help but smile when their eyes met. 

 

'Oh god. Couple wear.'

 

Tiffany blurted out when she realized that they were both wearing denim shirts over their black jeans / pants. 

 

'Oh. Hahahaha' 

 

Taeyeon lets out her ahjumma laughter when she understood what Tiffany meant. Tiffany laughed along since Taeyeon's laughter was contagious.

 

'Do you mind taking a walk in the park nearby while having our ice cream? The seats are all taken, so I thought maybe we could get an empty bench in the park or something.'

 

Taeyeon suggested.

 

'Sounds good.' 

 

Tiffany smiled as they walked inside the ice cream parlor together. After ordering their ice creams, the pair walked together in matching steps to the park.

 

'So he really did that? Woah. That's really bold.'

 

Taeyeon commented when Tiffany told her about yesterday's event

 

'Too bold.'

 

Tiffany responded

 

'So being too bold is bad?'

 

'Of course. It's not something you do on a first date. Wait, it wasn't even a first date. I like to take things slow. But then again, when you're out on dates…..you can never really tell what might happen right?'

 

Tiffany stated

 

'True. What's your idea of a date then?'

 

Taeyeon asked, curious to know the girl's answer.

 

'Well. the most important thing is that it's with someone I like. I mean, no matter how great the gesture or place is, if it's not with someone I like, then it would be quite wasted right?'

 

'Hmmm. You've got a point there. Oh. Let's take a seat there.'

 

Taeyeon pointed to an empty bench. The pair settled down and continued talking until they were both done with their ice cream. Taeyeon helped Tiffany with her empty cup and set it aside before pulling her backpack.

 

'Anyway, I have something for you/'

 

Taeyeon told the younger girl.

 

'Huh?' 

 

Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon

 

'Here you go.'

 

Taeyeon took out the unicorn plush toy that she managed to fit inside her backpack.

 

'OH MY GOD! IS THIS FOR ME? OMG! TAETAE! IT'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!'

 

Tiffany hugged the plush before hugging Taeyeon.

 

'Thank you! It's so adorable! Thank you, Taetae!'

 

'Taetae?'

 

Taeyeon raised one of her eyebrows at the girl.

 

'Oh. You don't like it?'

 

'N..No, it's fine. It's just, no one called me that before.'

 

'I'll be the first then. Thank you, Taetae! I'm going to treasure you so much!' 

 

Tiffany said the last sentence as she squeezed the plush toy.

 

Taeyeon smiled to herself at Tiffany's reaction. She was going to ask the girl if they could start seeing each other officially but all that was forgotten as she was too mesmerized by Tiffany's eye smile

 

'Do you like it that much?'

 

Taeyeon asked.

 

'Uhhuh.'

 

'I….Can I ask you something else?'

 

Tiffany turned her attention back to the older girl

 

'Sure. What is it?'

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath and decided to just go for it

 

'I….I was wondering if you want to…..Can we………'

 

Taeyeon stuttered trying to sentence her words properly

 

'Do you think we can start seeing each other? Like go out on dates. Be exclusive. I think I like you.'

 

Taeyeon blurted out while looking at her hands. Avoiding any form of eye contact with the girl.

 

She was about to look up when she felt something warm on her right cheek.

 

'I would love to.'

 

She heard Tiffany say after the girl gave her a peck on the cheek. The pair remained seated momentarily. Neither moving an inch but both blushing.