Chapter 30

Bus Crush

'So the plan is still on for tonight?' 

 

Yuri sent the text message to Jessica while Taeyeon and Sooyoung were busying looking at things for Sooyoung's new room.

 

'Looks like it. I made the reservation for both of us. 6pm, the usual.' 

 

Yuri read the reply.

 

'Sounds good. I'll update you if there's any changes.' 

 

Yuri replied and placed her phone back into her pocket. She walked back to the pair who were wandering around and playing with the different items available.

 

'I thought we're picking out a gift for your girlfriend?'

 

Yuri reminded Taeyeon of their original agenda. 

 

'Have you texted her yet?' 

 

Yuri asked the older girl. Taeyeon didn't bother to turn behind but shrugged her shoulders instead. The three girls walked around for a few hours before Taeyeon finally decided on a gift for Tiffany. She wanted to give Tiffany something special as a 'congratulatory' gift for getting accepted into SM College though it was very obvious that Taeyeon was just using that as an excuse. 

 

'Sooyoung, do you mind accompanying me to the restroom?' 

 

Yuri asked Sooyoung while Taeyeon was busy with the packaging.

 

'Sure.' 

 

Sooyoung agreed and walked to the the nearest washroom with Yuri. They were just about to turn into the washroom when Yuri stopped her.

 

'Sorry, just needed an excuse to be away from Taeyeon. I'll be asking Taeyeon for dinner once she's done with the gift. And I need your help so the plan works.'

 

'Uhhuh. I'm listening.'

 

'Jessica made reservations for dinner and it's just to set those two up. Seems like Tiffany's dad played a prank on her and while Taeyeon is too scared that she got Tiffany into trouble, Tiffany doesn't know how to tell Taeyeon that she got trolled by her own father.'

 

'Really? She got trolled? Wish my parents were that cool. So I'm guessing the plan is to go to the restaurant together and bail on Taeyeon?' Sooyoung asked the other girl

 

'Yes to the trolling. Well, I was going to tell her that I'll send you girls home and we should get changed for dinner. I'll tell her that we'll jut meet at the restaurant straight.'

 

'Ahh. I get it. Oh, incoming.'

 

Sooyoung told Yuri as soon as she saw Taeyeon approaching them

 

'What are you guys talking about?'

 

Taeyeon asked the pair

 

'Yuri was just telling me about dinner. I think she mentioned a restaurant....What was it again?'

 

Sooyoung looked at Yuri hoping for the girl to save her

 

'Oh, I wanted Sooyoung to try the mushroom risotto. But, I think we should get changed right?'

 

'What? Is there really a need to? Your dad owns the restaurant, I sure the dress code won't apply to us.'

 

Taeyeon whined at the thought of travelling back and forth since the restaurant wasn't that far from the restaurant.

 

'I need a shower.' Yuri blurted.

 

'Yeah, you do. I can smell you from here.' Sooyoung played along.

 

'Fine, how about Sooyoung and I walk around a bit more and wait while you take a shower and come back?' Taeyeon suggested.

 

'My battery's flat. I need to get my portable charger. Do you mind dropping me off before you take a shower?' Sooyoung added in

 

'I'm too lazy to head back home. The two of you go ahead. I'll just wander around here for a bit and catch you guys at the restaurant? What time would be good?' Taeyeon grumbled.

 

'6pm. We'll be quick! Don't be late' Yuri told her friend as she grabbed Sooyoung. The pair smiled at each other. They were not expecting it to be that easy. 

 

'You're still bringing me out for dinner right?' Sooyoung voiced out though the grumbling from her stomach was louder.

 

'Of course.' Yuri couldn't help but laughed at the hungry girl. She made a mental note to ask the girl regarding Sunny over dinner. She drove her car out of the carpark towards a restaurant that she knew Sooyoung would be happy with.