Chapter 24

Bus Crush

The ride to school was a quiet and awkward one. Taeyeon barely spoke while Mr Kim was clearly having too much fun teasing his daughter. He had noticed how the girl has been visibly happier the past few weeks. Being the overprotective parent that he is, he had taken time off from work just to 'spy' on her. His first few attempts were futile. It wasn't until a few nights ago that he figured out who the person was. Never in his wildest dream did he expect Taeyeon to be seeing another girl. Mr Kim was surprised by his own reaction, he had always thought that he would be against such a relationship but after seeing how wide Taeyeon's smile was, he knew that at the end of the day, it was her happiness that matters most. Mr Kim was having dinner with a potential client when the client gave a snark remark about two girls holding hands. Mr Kim found himself defending the two girls without missing a beat and excused himself. Defending his own daughter meant a lot more to him than a business deal. 

 

'You know I love you right?' 

 

Mr Kim ruffled Taeyeon's hair just before the girl alighted from his car. 

 

'I know. I love you too.' 

 

Taeyeon smiled back while trying to untangle the mess her father just created. She walked towards the cafeteria to find her friends. Taeyeon spotted Sunny from a distance and was making her way towards the shorter girl when she felt someone pulling her back. 

 

'Shhhh!!'

 

Taeyeon heard as she struggled to free herself from the person's grip.

 

'What was that......'

 

Taeyeon almost shouted until she found being covered.

 

'It's the last day of school! Try not to be a er!' 

 

Hyoyeon told her while pointing at Sunny. Taeyeon frowned before shifting her attention back to the shorter girl. She finally realized why Hyoyeon scared the daylight out of her. Hyomin was approaching Sunny with a tray of food and much to Taeyeon's surprise, the pair were soon having breakfast together.

 

'What did I miss?' 

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon turned around at the sound of the familiar voice. Hyoyeon was about to answer when she noticed that something was different about Yuri.

 

'.......Taeyeon, do you see what I see?'

 

Hyoyeon nudged the girl next to her

 

'What? What do you see?'

 

Yuri frowned at the attention that was on her

 

'Why is there a cut on your lip?'

 

Taeyeon pointed as she stared at the cut on Yuri's lower lip

 

'Ah....I...walked into a glass door yesterday. Enough about me. What's going on there? Did they make up?'

 

Yuri tried her best to change the subject. She had forgotten about the cut she received after attempting the ninja move to avoid Tiffany and Taeyeon the night before. It wasn't until Jessica pointed it out that the girl realized that she was bleeding. Since Yuri was not a fan of doctors, she got dragged home by Jessica. Yuri swore that her heart almost went on overdrive when Jessica was treating her lower lip. The younger girl's face was so close to her that Yuri had to look up at the ceiling just to restrain herself from having any thoughts of kissing Jessica. By the end of the night, Yuri knew that she had fallen for Jessica. 

 

'I'm not too sure. I saw them walking to school together. I've been sitting her observing them since. They kinda do make a cute couple right?'

 

Hyoyeon smiled as she spoke.

 

'Can't wait to hear it from Sunny. Come on, we have to go now.'

 

Yuri nudged her two friends. She rolled her eyes and left the two girls alone. Hyoyeon who was still staring at Hyomin and Sunny as well as Taeyeon who was busy texting her significant other, Tiffany. She took out her phone as soon as she felt it vibrate.

 

'Did your dad mention anything about tonight? I think we're having dinner together.' 

 

'Really? Do you want to meet earlier? What time do you end class?'

 

'Class ends early today. I should be done by 1pm.'

 

'Great. I end slightly earlier. How does lunch and maybe a movie sound?'

 

'Sounds like a plan. See you at the mall, say 2pm?'

 

'Sure. Can't wait!'

 

Yuri smiled to herself as she slipped her phone back into her pocket.