Chapter 14

Bus Crush

 

‘Hi, Mr Kim. Is Taeyeon home?’

 

‘Hello Yuri. You’re late. Everyone’s here already. They’re upstairs. Oh, I ordered some pizza for you girls. Here’s the money for it. I have to go now.’

 

Yuri nodded as Mr Kwon shoved the envelope to her. She dragged her feet up to Taeyeon’s room. She was definitely not in the mood to do anything. The thoughts of what happened yesterday is still fresh in her mind.

 

She was about to enter the room when she heard her two friends conversing excitedly.

 

‘Wait, so you’ve exchanged numbers? Wow. Talk about progress!! Have you texted her?’

 

‘Y…Yeah. I just told her that I got home safely. You know since that’s the reason why she asked for my number.’

 

‘That’s all? Are you sure that’s all.’

 

‘And some other stuff that I can’t tell you.’

 

‘OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Someone’s in love!’

 

Yuri could hear Sunny’s playful teasing.

 

‘Yah! Speak for yourself. You couldn’t even stop texting me the details of your date last night.’

 

‘I couldn’t help it. She was so sweet last night.’

 

‘Where’s Yuri? She’s suppose to be here by now.’

 

The tanned girl heard her friend asking.

 

‘Why? You miss me already?’

 

Yuri gave a smile, she didn’t want her mood to ruin the atmosphere.

 

‘You were here all along? Eavesdropping?’

 

Taeyeon asked.

 

‘Well, I didn’t want to interrupt your conversation. Seems like both your dates went well?’

 

Yuri asked her two friends who were obviously starting to blush. She walked over and made herself comfortable. Yuri then stretched to grab hold of the two game controllers before looking at Sunny.

 

‘Soonkyu, how about a game?’

 

She asked the shorter girl.

 

‘Sure. Seems like Taeyeon might be too busy for us today.’

 

Sunny grabbed the other controller and pointed to Taeyeon who was now on her bed. Taeyeon was definitely glued to her phone as she typed something and started smiling to herself.

 

 

A similar situation can be seen in Jessica’s room. Tiffany’s parents had gone out of town and the girl decided to self-invite herself over. Tiffany was prepared to see a sleeping Jessica but was surprised to see the girl reading a book on the bed instead.

 

‘You’re up early.’

 

Tiffany commented

 

‘Couldn’t sleep.’

 

‘Oh. Yuri?’

 

Tiffany asked.

 

Jessica nodded and sighed.

 

‘I can’t believe it. What are the odds that she’s the daughter of my dad’s business partner? I mean….the best friend of your crush. The crush that you met on the bus! Urgh.’

 

‘Come on, Jess. I know it’s hard to believe but it can’t be that bad right? I mean, Yuri seems like a nice girl.’

 

‘She is a nice girl. I didn’t say that she wasn’t. It’s just……’

 

‘No way. I knew it. Was that why you dragged her away from taking the bus? You have a crush on her, don’t you?’

 

Jessica didn’t answer. She has had her fair share of crushes and boyfriends as well as girlfriends but there was something about Yuri that she couldn’t quite put her finger on.

 

‘Did something happened other than the fact that the two of you find out about your fathers being business partners?’

 

‘….Everything was going fine but I think I said something wrong. She just went quiet and barely even talked.’

 

‘Oh. What were you guys talking about?’

 

‘I just said that she looks like her brother. Which is true. Then she asked me how I knew him so I just said that her parents tried setting us up with an arranged marriage. I mean, I said it didn’t work out….you don’t think she’s upset that I rejected her brother, do you? I mean, he’s really nice and everything but I just don’t feel any form of attraction or chemistry’

 

Jessica rambled on. She paused for a moment and realized that she was actually basically talking to herself. Tiffany was smiling to herself while using the phone. She knew that her best friend was texting Taeyeon. Jessica lets out another sigh before pulling the covers over her head. She just can’t get Yuri out of her head.