Your Parents

Be Mine

The next morning you and Hyunah went out to hang around town. You guys went shopping and ate out. Then you guys went to the nearest cafe. You sipped on your cappuccino like a little kid. "Stop that you look stupid." 

"I didn't ask you to look at me." You threw a piece of napkin at her. "What else do you want to do?" Hyunah shrugged. "Why is it always me who has to think of what to do?" 

"Well because you never want to do what I want." You finished your drinks then left. You guys sat by the river. You looked into the sky and sighed. "Hey what are you thinking about?" You looked at her. 

"Nothing. You?" She sighed. "My parents." You scooted closer. "Don't worry unnie I know their watching you from heaven. Tears welled up in both your eyes. "Do you like living together?" You nodded. 

"Of course I like living together." She smiled. "Don't you miss your parents?" You looked away. "Yeah. At least you still have them watching over you. I don't even know where they are anymore." A tear slipped down your face. 

"At least we have each other right?" Hyunah nodded. You wiped your tears. "Let's go home." She nodded. She helped you up and went home. 

You guys walked home. The walk home was pretty quiet. Hyunah opened the door and you rushed to your room and pulled out a box from under your bed. *Yes it's still here.* You smiled and looked through it.

You found the picture and smiled at it. A tear slipped down your face. You went downstairs. "What is that?" You held up the picture. "Wait let me get mines." Hyunah put her drink down and rushed to her room. 

Moments later she came back. She came back with her picture of her parents. "Let's put it by the lamp." You nodded and set it next to hers. You smiled and looked at Hyunah's picture. She was smiling and had 2 braids. 

You looked at your and you were wearing shorts and a pink shirt with white flats and had 2 french braids. *They'll be in my heart forever.* Both of you thought.