22- THE END

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

\The night before the divorce, 12 midnight..

The Kwons’ door slammed as Jiyong stumbled about the living room. He settled himself on the couch. Loosening his tie roughly, he sighed.

Yoona didn’t come. He waited four ing hours. But no, all this big effort wasted. Where is she anyway? Kiko did say she was coming. Yoona could’ve called or something.

He waited there, in Je t’aime, all other tables & chairs removed except for a table for two in the middle of the room. He was sweating nervously as he waited for her to arrive. A song he has written, ‘Stay with Me’ was all he could think of as he planned to sing it for her. It was supposed to be perfect and romantic.

Instead, he’s drunk off his finally giving up that she isn’t coming after four hours.

After a few minutes, he heard the front door opened and closed again. The lights opened and a gasp was heard.

“Jiyong? Why are you on the couch? You should go to bed.” Yoona said.

GD sat up with difficulty and opened his eyes. There, he saw her. With the dress on and looking so ing beautiful. “Where were you?”

“I.. Ji, let’s talk tomorrow.” Yoona sat beside him and touched his shoulders but GD shrugged it away.

“No. Tell me now.” GD’s words slurred.

“Jiyong, you’re drunk. C’mon, let’s get you to bed.” He slapped her hand away.

“Yoona, ing tell me where you were.”

The SNSD member flinched. GD’s voice sounded so angry like he was just keeping it in.

“I.. I was with Jonghyun. I was—“

Jiyong stood up quickly. “That tells it all, doesn’t it? We’ll go through the divorce tomorrow. Because apparently, you made your decision.” He bambled his way towards his room.

“No, listen Ji—“

Jiyong turned around. “Enough Yoona! We could have made it work, y’know. I ing love you, but you…” Jiyong’s words failed, sensing the tears that was threatening to fall, he turned his back on the girl he love. Finally getting into his room, he slammed the door shut.

Yoona wanted to call him back. She wanted to explain and say that she loves him too. But she was shaking already, and just like that, Yoona broke down.

 

 

When she finally had the willpower to go back to her room, Heechul called.

“Oppa.. it’s the middle of the night. What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong with you?” The Super Junior member asked.

“Anniyo~ Gwenchana.”

“You know I can tell when you’re lying right?”

She sighed. “It’s just.. it’s over.”

“Mwuh? What happened? I thought you were going out together tonight.”

“We were.. but…” Yoona told him what happened from the moment she got the dress to the moment he called. “That’s it..”

“Woori Yoongie~ Tomorrow will be better. You’ll see. You say he loves you and you love him too. Then do something.”

“What am I supposed to do?”

“I don’t know. I’m not in love and besides, you’re smart. You’ll figure it out.”

“I guess.” Yoona said. “See you soon, oppa.”

 

 

“As promised, here are your divorce papers. Just sign it, and our marriage will be nullified.”

Yoona looked at him and then at the documents. She was amused. “Okay.”

She walked towards her desk, got a pen, signed the papers and put it inside the brown envelope again. Jiyong didn’t look.

Yoona sighed. “I have to go.”

Jiyong nodded. “I’ll walk you out then.”

Yoona grabbed her coat and bag. The walk towards the front porch was silent. It appears there is nothing left to be said.

They faced each other. “See you around then.” Yoona said, almost happily.

That pissed Jiyong off more, the happy tone in her voice, her carelessness that they just signed away their marriage, like she was happy she’s finally rid of him.

He didn’t answer her but gave a stiff nod.

Yoona walked away from him. And that was probably the worst thing he felt in his whole life.

He got her. The girl he decided to spend the rest of his life with. If only he wasn’t so stupid to let her go. Everything is sinking in now. He lost her. He lost the girl.

Now she can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter