21- THE PAST REVISITED

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours in their sleep, a knock on the door woke them up. Remembering that it was locked, Jiyong stood up, quickly fixed his hair and clothes and then opened the door.

They stood there, staring at each other for more than a few moments until Yoona asked, “Who is it, Ji?”

The person opposite GD, sneaked a peek on Yoona. He smiled softly.

The Big Bang leader finally let him in.

“The moment I heard you got hospitalized, I knew I had to come.”

Yoona gulped. “Jonghyun-ssi.”

Jiyong didn’t need any signs, he left them alone.

“What are you doing here?” Yoona asked, sitting up.

“Visiting you, of course! I was worried, Yoong~” Jonghyun said, taking the seat next to Yoona’s bed.

“Jinjja? I find that hard to believe since I haven’t heard from you for months. Then you just show up here. Do I have to be hospitalized for you to finally talk to me?” Yoona pouted and crossed her arms. She was seriously mad at the CN Blue member for just disappearing like that. She hates it when people just disappear.

“I told you I needed time! It was a lot to take in!” Jonghyun defended.

Yoona scoffed. “Yeah right. Three months right? Why’d you even come back?”

 He looked pained. “I’m sorry I took so long.” He said gently, Yoona’s facial expression finally softens. “I wanted to talk to you for so long now but I can’t bring myself to do so because I know you’re with that guy almost all the time.”

“We’re working.” Yoona explained.

“I know. That doesn’t mean it hurts less to see the two of you together, acting so chummy and sweet. But hearing you were sick was the last straw of my cowardice. I don’t want to be missing when you’re not feeling well, I want to be there for you in sickness and in health. I don’t want to miss anything.” Jonghyun confessed. He then pulled something from his pocket. A box. A black velvet box.

Yoona gasped. “Jonghyun—“

“Look, I’m aware that you’re still tied to G-Dragon sunbaenim but you said that once the promotions are over you’re divorcing right?” He didn’t wait for an answer. “I’ve been thinking about this all the time.. Yoona, will you be my wife?” He opened the box, revealing a beautiful white gold ring with emerald studs on it. Yoona thought it was beautiful.

Yoona was speechless. This wasn’t what she expected for his visit today. And besides, hasn’t she gone through a lot today with her family and Jiyong? And now this?

The CN Blue member looked dejected when Yoona didn’t answer right away, but it didn’t let him give up that easily. “You don’t have to answer right now! I don’t want to pressure you. Keep it and I’ll wait. You can tell me your decision in a week, okay?”

Yoona can only nod as he handed her the box. Jonghyun kissed her forehead.

“I have to go. We have a meeting with the producers for CN Blue’s next album.” Again, Yoona nodded. “I love you,” Jonghyun whispered.

 

Yoona served tea to her unwelcomed guest as they sat in front of each other at the Kwons’ living room.

“I’m sorry to come unannounced,” Kiko said.

Yoona nodded. “Gwenchana~ But I’m curious as to why you want to talk to me, Kiko-ssi.”

“I heard from mutual friends that your sub-unit contract is ending tomorrow. And so does your marriage to Ji Yong.” Kiko stated.

Yoona looked down, not wanting to see the smugness that’s probably in Kiko’s face right now.. “I’m sure that you’re very happy, Kiko-ssi. You don’t have to rub it in my face.”

“I’m not.” Yoona looked up and to her surprise, Kiko wasn’t smirking or even looking smug. Instead, the Japanese model looked empathic. “I know that’s what you think but I’m not here to laugh at you. In fact, I’m not even happy.”

“I don’t understand.” Yoona said.

Kiko took a deep breath. “I’m mindful that the last time we saw each other, I want to claw your eyes out for having Ji Yong. But I don’t want to do that anymore, honestly. I followed his advice that night, he told me I shouldn’t ruin myself for him and that I should fix myself. I did.

“I packed an overnight bag and booked a flight to France. I never stayed on a country for a week then. Have you been to Iceland?” Kiko asked politely. Yoona shook her head. “It’s peaceful and wonderful there! You and Ji should go sometime! Anyway, my last stop was Thailand. There I met a male model who was the total opposite of me. We argue all the time. I couldn’t get rid of him because my model agency there assigned him to show me around Bangkok. He always gets on my nerves even without doing anything and..” Kiko sighed. “I fell for him.”

Yoona smiled, knowing the feeling of hopelessly loving someone even though he’s the most annoying person you know.

“He wat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter