10- PREPARATIONS

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your schedule starts at 7 in the morning. Make-up testing followed by outfit testing, until 10AM. 10AM to 2PM you’ll rehearse the choreography with Jiyong-ssi and then lastly a short consultation with Teddy with regards to the songs.” Yoona’s manager explained to her. “Yoona? Yoona? Are you listening?”

The SNSD member in question struggled to keep her eyelids open while slightly rocking back and forth on her seat. Weeks of only three hours of sleep each day can do that to you. A nudge from her manager jolted her awake. “Ah ne. What’s after singing the consultation? Er.. I mean consulting the songs?”

“Nothing.”

“Errr.. what?”

“Nothing. That’s your last schedule for the day.”

Yoona’s sleepiness left her body. “Oppa, can you check again? Are you sure? Absolutely sure?”

Yoona’s manager looked at her with an amused expression. Poor Yoona is not used to early nights nowadays. “Aish. I can contact some more if you want to have  a late night.”

“ANNIYO! Omo! Gomawo oppa! I’ll work hard today!”

Yoona skipped away to her destination with a happy smile on her face. An early off, finally!

 

The make-up and outfit testing went along without any glitch since Jiyong and Yoona were busy running around getting their hair done and changing clothes after clothes for the picture-taking. With only a few teasings here and there, their first schedule was done!

GD and Yoona’s chemistry on stage never cease to amaze YG choreographer, Lee Jae Wook. Their song didn’t require too much dancing so they only rehearsed the stage footing and some dance steps. J was really happy to see the two of them again together and gave them minimum guidance as GD leads the choreographing of the dance. He only interferes whenever they start bickering like children. Oh and yeah, GD’s special favor…

“Yoona-ssi, I think we need more skinship. If you could only move a bit, so your touching each other like… yeah like that.” J instructed. “And on the chorus, if you’ll just hook your left arm on GD’s and hold your mic on your right hand. Yeah, perfect. And just step your right foot past Jiyong’s.”

“Err.. Jae Wook oppa, don’t you think it’s a bit inappropriate now?”

It is. “Mwuh? It isn’t. It’s just enough..”

“Jiyong?” Yoona turned to her partner. “It’s too much, isn’t it?”

GD pretended to think about it before saying, “Hmm… I think it’s alright.”

She raised an eyebrow. He raised his hands in defense.

“I mean, everyone’s going for y concepts this year and I just thought that we may have to step up our skinships a bit.”

“But the song isn’t really y!” Yoona argued.

But you are! “I know that! A little more smexiness on the choreo won’t hurt right? I mean, it’s not like there’s anything else we haven’t done before..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A-W-K-W-A-R-D

 

J looked away and pretended not hear what GD said. Yoona’s eyes widened and her face reddened. Jiyong faked an innocent expression as if saying ‘what did I say wrong?’

Rolling her eyes and admitting defeat to the childish boy she calls her husband, Yoona silently positioned herself to the last pose Jae Wook instructed and then asked, “And then?”

Jiyong smiled in victory and shot his hyung a grateful look.

 

Lunch was spent in YG’s cafeteria with 2NE1’s CL.

“So unni, any hint on your comeback?” asked CL with a wiggle on her eyebrows.

“It’s a surprise, Chae. Even you can’t know about it.” Ji answered for Yoona. “Why are you even bothering our lunch?”

CL playfully glared at Jiyong before turning her attention to her sunbae and friend, “Unni, tell me about the songs.”

“Well.. it’s written by Jiyong mostly, but I put in a few comments or so.”

“Liar.” GD interrupted again. “Yoona and I wrote it equally. And she’s going to try rapping on the songs.”

“Mwuh?! No, I’m not.” Yoona denied. “We didn’t talk about me rapping, Ji. And what’s this ‘going to try’, I’m a rapper on our group.”

Jiyong scoffed loudly.

“Na, kkamjjak! Menbungiya! 
Geu sarameun nae min nachi gunggeum hadae
Wanjeon mame deureo
Mot igin cheok boyeojwodo gwaenchanheulkka? Na, kkamjjak! Menbungiya! 
Geu sarameun nae min nachi gunggeum hadae
Wanjeon mame deureo
Mot igin cheok boyeojwodo gwaenchanheulkka?

// Sesang namjadeuriyeo nan No. 1
Jihyereul juneun Athena
Check this out!”  Yoona sang/rapped SNSD’s famous songs.

CL silently giggled and Jiyong looked at her like she’s the cutest thing he’d ever seen.

“What?” Yoona demanded.

“Wifey dearest, that’s not rapping. But nice try!”

Yoona looked murderous, and then she turned to CL who’s still  snickering. “Yah!” She smacked her in the arm. “You too?!”

“Mianhae, Yoona unnie, it’s just that.. it’s not really rapping.”

Yoona made a face and muttered something about freakin’ YG rappers.

“If you want.. I’ll be glad to help you unnie.” CL offered.

“Jinjja? But don’t you have any schedules?”

The 2NE1 leader shook her head. “Besides the concert preparation, I’m pretty free.”

“Alright then!”

“But there’s a condition..” CL held up her hands to stop the two from arguing. “I won’t take no for an answer..”

Yoona gulped and held her breath. What is it?

Chaerin smiled cutely before saying, “I’m having my solo comeback soon and I want YinYang on my MV.”

Yoona exhaled. That’s it? “That’s it?”

The younger girl nodded.

“We have a deal, then.” Yoona smiled. The two female idols began chatting away about things only girls talk about,

Jiyong sighed dramatically and said, “Aissh, it’s as if I’m invisible here.”

 

 

 

It was then at Teddy’s studio that Yoona felt out of place. Teddy and GD were working really intently on cleaning the songs so she just laid there on the couch and let her thoughts fly.

It’s been three months since she’d come back from London. Three years since Jiyong left her. Yet here she is just like old times, waiting for him to finish his business with Teddy.

Ahh.. the days when she’ll come straight to YG from her schedule just to spend sometime with her husband. Husband. Why does those days seems to be a century ago? Yes, they’re okay. For now. They’ve only been back in this collab because of the spoiled woman who wants Jiyong. What would happen after that? Before she could figure it out however, she fell asleep.

 

She was awoken by a soft humming and a cons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter