14- THE FAVOR

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong frowned as he sipped his second glass of vodka for the night. Young Bae was beside him, just observing the room of idols socializing. When he noticed the frown of his friend, his eyes immediately searched for the one reason his friend is feeling down.

YB found her in a table on the right side of the room talking with her former leading man, Jang Geun Suk. He looked at his friend just in time when he spoke,

“This party’s getting boring.” Jiyong stated.

YB chuckled. “What happened?”

“Nothing.” The Big Bang leader answered too quickly.

“Riiggghtt.”

So what did happened?

Lee Hi was supposed to represent YG for the performances but unfortunately, she got sore throat so she can’t proceed. Jiyong was happily sitting beside Yoona in SNSD & Big Bang’s adjoined table when YG himself called him to perform a song.

Who could say no to his superior? Grabbing their maknae, Seungri, and his hyung, TOP, they made their way on the stage to sing ‘I Love It’ from his Coup D’Etat album.  Everything was fine at first, actually. You would have never guess that it was an impromptu performance. Jiyong was glancing at Yoona during almost the entire song.

Halfway through their performance, Jiyong saw JGS approach Yoona, gave her a hug and sat on his seat beside YoonA. Jiyong narrowed his eyes but remembering that he was on stage, he finished their song with gritted teeth.

And ever since then, he didn’t come back to their table and just stayed at the bar with his friend and fellow Big Bang member.

“Dude, you’re going to bore a hole on Yoona’s head.” Young Bae chuckled. “Can you be more obvious?”

“Shut up.” GD muttered.

“Hey hyungs.” Seungri greeted, sitting beside his Jiyong hyung. “What are we talking about?”

Young Bae nodded his head to Yoona’s direction.

“Ahh.. yes..” Seungri smirked. “Hyung, you do know that the tension between the two of you is so thick it can’t be cut by a mere knife?”

Jiyong ignored him. He was still staring at Yoona’s direction, hoping that Geun Suk would glance in his way and notice the glare Jiyong’s sending him.

However, it did not succeed. The quartet had started playing slow music and the Asia’s Prince offered his hand to Yoona, asking her to dance with him.

“Uh-oh.” Seungri commented. He and Taeyang looked cautiously at their leader. GD drank his vodka straight and ordered another one.

“Why don’t we go mingle?” Young Bae suggested.

“That’s a good idea, hyung!” V.I. agreed, hoping GD would also do the same.

But Jiyong just waved them off. “You two go. I think I’ll go home after I finish this glass.” He said, holding his newly-refilled vodka glass.

“Mwuh?! But hyung, there’s still an after party! You know, when it’s only JYP & YG bosses and all idols go get drunk and get crazy. That’s the fun part!” Seungri pouted. His hyung is the perfect wingman, with him introducing Seungri to all their hoobaes, he’ll get a handful of numbers in no time.

Jiyong patted V.I.’s head cutely and said to him, “You’re going solo tonight, maknae! I have an early schedule tomorrow and I learned my lesson getting drunk before a schedule so..” He emptied his glass and stood up. “See ya.”

“Yo Ji!” Taeyang called after him. “Aren’t you at least saying goodbye to your date?” When GD looked clueless, “Yoona? You entered together remember?”

GD smiled. A fake one. “That was to keep appearances. She’ll find a ride.”  He casted the girl in question another long look, his jaw hardening at the sight of the two dancing. “Or maybe, she won’t be even home tonight. Bye.”

Jiyong was flipping through channels at the living room, his face clearly showing that he’s annoyed as every channel features the KGala especially him and Yoona with their dramatic red carpet entrance and Yoona’s revelation on the fact that GD himself designed her long gown.

Getting tired of seeing their faces on the television screen, he turned off the TV. Crossed his legs and sighed. Apparently, he has a bad case of insomnia. One night only. It’s been hours since he went home from the gala and yet he’s still in his suit, make-up still on and just sitting on their living room. He tried to write songs just to past time but can’t. It appears that our GD can’t function properly. Not when he’s mind is on YoonA. Thinking of her with that blasted actor. Thinking of her coming in early in the morning having had gone through the walk of shame.

He shook his head, trying to get rid of such thoughts. Yoona wouldn’t do that.

He heard a roar of a car outside and took a peek. It was an unfamiliar car but Yoona stepped out of it, wearing a coat over her dress. She smoothly removed the coat from her and handed it back to its owner: Jang Geun Suk. GD’s fist tightened on his sides unconsciously. Yoona leaned in to the actor to give him a hug and Geun Suk briefly brushed his lips on Yoona’s cheek.

A low growl came from GD. When he saw Yoona walking towards the front porch, he ran back to the sofa, crossed his legs and the TV.

He heard the front door clicked and opened then closed. Yoona came into his view, walking towards him with a smile on her face. “Hey Ji.” she greeted him.

“You look happy, anything happen between you and Geun Suk?” He asked trying not to sound jealous or privy.

“Huh?” Yoona raised an eyebrow. “We just.. danced and talked.. and because my ride home ditched me, he kindly offered to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter