Chapter 2

Rainy Day Romance

Charlotte's POV

"To pay back for earlier" he comments but still fails to show me any emotion

"Oh, thank you" I tell him, "my house is this way" I point.

We head towards the direction I pointed in, walking in silence until I finally broke the ice.

"My name's Charlotte, and yours?" 

"Jongin, but my friends call me Kai"

"Oh, that's a nice nickname" I compliment.

"I guess" he simply says.

"I never had a nickname before, people just call me by my name" I try to keep the conversation going.

He just nods his head. 

"What do you think would be a good nickname for Charlotte?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders. 

I stop trying to get the convo to keep going and eventually we reach my house. 

"Well thanks for your help" I smile and him and he just nods his head. 

I wave and he walks off. 

I go inside and make my hot chocolate then start on dinner. By the time I finish cooking I hear Jinsang coming in. 

"I'm home jagi" I hear his voice and he comes into the kitchen, "oh it smells good in here" he gives me a small peck on the lips and asks what I'm making. 

After I give him the menu he asks what he can help make, I tell him to set the table and he happily obeys. 

As we're eating he tells me about his day, well what he can tell me about his day. 

Once we're done eating, we clean the dishes together, then go get ready for bed. 

Usually we talk for a while before we go to sleep but he turns over and turns the light off. 

"Goodnight" he says and I just look at the back of his head. 

"Goodnight I guess" I answer and turn over. 

He'd been acting more distant lately but I just assumed it was only because he was stressed out by his jobs, he'd been getting late calls a lot lately. 

I try not to think too hard about it and go to sleep. 

~~~ A Week Later~~~~~

Kai's POV

I woke up to get ready for school and my back ached since I had to sleep on the couch, my brother had locked me out for who knows what reason.

I was very quiet when I got ready, I didn't want anyone to wake up. I had made it our without having to hear anyone's yelling or nagging. 

It was raining again and I was getting drenched. I saw Charlotte coming and I expected her to come over and shade me from the rain with her umbrella but she just stood there, staring at the rain fall to the ground. 

I took the initiative to just get under her umbrella since I was getting too soaked for my comfort. She looks at me then back at the ground. 

I found it odd how she didn't give me the usual small smile she gives me when she sees me. Something must be wrong with her. We just waited for the bus not talking to one another. 

The bus arrives and we get on, I go to the back and she right behind the driver. The first time she was on the bus she was smiling at her phone but now she just sits with her arms crossed. 

I don't know why but I go over and sit with her. 

"Are you okay?" I ask her, but she takes a minute to answer. I regret asking her, I should have mined my own business. 

"No I'm actually not. I got in an argument with my fiance this morning" 

"I see, I'm sorry" 

"It's fine" she assures me. 

I nod and the bus arrives at my stop. I get up to go and seconds later I hear Charlotte calling after me, she comes and covers me with her umbrella. 

"It's like you're begging to get the flu" she jokes and waves after I reach the entrance of my school. 

I smile a little and walk into school. 

Charlotte's POV 

I try not to think about the argument I had with Jinsang, he wasn't being himself lately and I wanted to know why. My thoughts were everywhere while I was faxing papers, I finally snapped back into my work mode when I heard my boss coming out of her office

"Charlotte, could you do me a huge favor?" she gives me a big grin. 

"Of course, what?"

"Could you go pick my son up from my house and bring him here? I'd do it but I can't be late for my meeting" 

"Right away ma'am" she hands me the keys and I go search for her car in the parking lot. Once I find it, I set her GPS to Home and I'm off. 

When I reach her house I noticed it wasn't that far from my own. I go up and ring her doorbell, seconds later this tall, scruffy-looking guy appears in front of me. 

"Are you her secretary?" he asks me as he's closing the door after him. 

"Yes, you're the Boss's son right?" I raise an eyebrow.

He nods and goes towards the car, we get in and drive off. 

While on my way back I get a text from Boss telling me to get her son lunch, and to help myself to some if I hadn't eaten yet. 

"Your mother told me to get you lunch, what would you like to eat?" I ask. 

"Hmm, I could go for some meat" he tells me. 

I pull into a resturant and we go inside. 

As we're eating it hits me that I don't even know his name. 

"What was you name again?" 

"Woonha, Park Woonha" he responds. 

"Park? Your last name isn't Kim like Boss?" 

"No, I'm not her blood son, I'm her stepson" 

"Oh, my name is Charlotte, Charlotte Dunn" 

"I know who you are, you're engaged to a friend of mine" he informs me.

"You know Jinsang?"

"Mhm, I've known him for a long time" 

"I'm assuming since you know Jinsang, so does Boss?" 

"Yes, she knows him. Jinsang is part of the reason why you're my stepmom's secretary" 

"Is that right?" this was my first time hearing this, no wonder all the female secretaries hate me! 

After we're done eating I go back to work and Woonha sits with me until Boss comes out of her meeting, which gains me stares from the other secretaries. 

I feel their eyes burning my skin and I tell Woonha I was going to go to the bathroom.

When I'm in there, I call Jinsang. He had some explaning to do! I'm listening to the dial tone when a few of the secretaries come into the bathroom, I look over at them and they corner me. 

"Yah! Why are you so close to CEO Kim's son? What is your police husband not good enough?!" one of them yell in my face, she was the leader of them. Her name was Gang Bong Cha, but under my breath I called her Cha. 

"Leave me alone, she told me to go get him" I reply. 

"You barely do because your husband got you this job! How lazy are you?!" she continues. 

"I do more than all of you combine actually!" I set the facts straight, "all you do is flirt with the guy CEO's and file yourr fake nails! So get out of my face!" 

"You little !" she raises her hand and before she hits me a voice yells ''Stop!" 

We all turn around to see WoonHa, he comes over, grabs my wrist and leads me out of the bathroom. 

"Thanks for saving me, those girls are real bullies" I say.

"No problem" he smiles at me and I get back to faxing papers.