Chapter 3

Rainy Day Romance

Kai's POV

When I got on the bus I seen Charlotte, she was staring out of the window. I decide not to bother her and sit down. We both get off at the same stop and when she sees me she smiles at me. 

"Would you look at that it's not raining?" she comments, "now you'll be dry while going home" 

I just nod, I never knew what to say when she tries to start conversations with me, so I just nod. 

"Well have a safe trip home" she waves at me and goes forward while I turn the corner. 

When I get home I see Woonha staring at the TV, he looks over at me then back at the screen. 

"Hey Jongin?" he suddenly says.

"What?"

"Have you seen your mother's new secretary?" 

"I wasn't even aware she had a new one" I answer. 

"She's gorgeous, and young too. Too bad she's engaged" 

"You've gone after engaged woman before, even married one's, what's stopping you now?" I question as I put my booksI needed for homework in my backpack. 

"She's engaged to one of my friends" 

"I see. I'll be back later, I'm off to go do homework"

"Alright, see you when you get back" he says and I leave out, 

When I get to the coffee shop there's a sign on the door that says it's going to be closed for a few weeks due to a gas leakage. 

I sigh, where was I suppose to study now? 

As I'm thinking of places I could go I see Charlotte coming out of the mini-mart with some bags. I cross the street and call her name. She turns and greets me. 

"Um, can I ask you something?" 

"Well you kind of are already" she points out. 

"I guess I am huh? But um, is your house quiet?"

"Huh?"

"What I'm trying to ask is that, I usually study at the coffee shop across the street but it's temporarily closed so I need somewhere quiet to do my homework, and I was wondering if I could do it at your house?"

She thinks for a moment. 

"Sure you can" she tells me. 

"Thanks, I really appreciate it" 

We start for her house and I offer to carry her bags for her and she hands them to me. 

"Do you want something to drink?" she asks. I was sitting at her kitchen table. 

"No I'm fine" I assure her. 

She nods and goes to sit on the couch and watch TV. 

Occasionally I would look up when I would hear her laugh, it was a cute laugh. 

I hear someone come in the door and I see her fiance come over to her and kiss her on the cheek, he looked familiar. 

"We have company" she tells him. 

He looks up at me and waves, then they both come over to me. 

"This is Kai, he's a friend of mine I met on the bus. This is my fiance Jinsang, Kai" she introduces us. 

"Nice meeting you Kai" he holds his hand out to me and I shake it. 

"Okay, we shouldn't bother him. He wanted a quiet place to study so I offered him the kitchen table" 

"Well we'll get out of your way Kai" her husband flashes me his smile and it's like a model smile. 

Charlotte's POV

I kept my cool in front of Kai because I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable but the second Jinsang and I walked upstairs and into our room, I closed the door and my smile faded. 

"Jinsang! Why didn't you tell me you helped me get my job?" I blurt out. 

He just turns around. 

"Who told you that?"

"Your buddy WoonHa"

"Damnit, he has such a big mouth" he mumbles, "look I only did it because you were having a hard time finding a job, I didn't mean any harm"

"Yeah, but you should have told me, all the girls at the office new and that's why they bully me"

"They bully my love? I'm a go arrest them!" he grabs me from behind and puts his chin on my shoulder. 

"No it's fine, I can handle them" 

"I know you can" he lets me go and starts to take off his work clothes. 

I go back downstairs to see Kai about to go out the door.

"You're finish studying already?"

"Yeah, thanks again"

"Anytime, see you on the bus tommorrow"

Kai's POV

When I leave their house I see a woman standing at the end of their driveway, I just ignore her and keep on going, but why was she standing there? I turn to see if she was still there and I see Jinsang come out and start talking to her.

I had this feeling to keep watching the two and it's a good thing I did.

Jinsang kissed the woman!