Chapter 20

Rainy Day Romance

Charlotte's POV 

"Thank you come again" the cashier tells me as I grab my hot chocolate. I open up my umbrella and walk out into the pouring rain. 

I look up at the dark, cloudy sky to try to predict how much longer this rain would be pouring like this, it seemed like it was not going to clear up anytime soon. 

When I get to my apartment I was greeted by my new Shiba Inu puppy Champ. 

"Good morning Champ! How was you sleep? It must've been good since you didn't hear me leave this morning" I say to him as I place my umbrella and bag on the couch. 

I go over to feed him some dog food and give him some water. I see something in his mouth. 

It was the little turtle Kai had given me some time ago.

I hadn't seen him for months, he went missing. 

"Hey that's not yours Champ!" I yank it out of his mouth and put it up high. 

I stare at it for a bit a let out a sigh, hoping if I stared at it long enough Kai would all of a sudden appear. 

But he didn't. 

I had left Jinsang and once Kai heard the news, Woonha told me he was gone. He left him a note that said to make sure to tell me he'll come back but for now he had to avoid Jinsang. 

I knew he did it so Jinsang wouldn't use hurting him against me like he did before. 

How long does he plan on being M.I.A though? 

As I hear Champ crunching on his food, I turn the TV on and flip through the channels until I seen a recognizable program. 

I found myself watching some really sad movie and right as I was on the verge of tears, the doorbell rings. 

It was Lola, I was surprised to see her since I had quit being her secretary to work at another office, unfortunately still as a secretary.

"Kai called me this morning" she tells me

"What did he say?" 

"I don't know, I missed the call" 

"You think he's coming back?"

"I don't know, but that's why I came over here. I know if he does come back the first person he'll go to is you, and I would like to speak to him too, so could you tell him that whenever you see him again" 

"Yeah sure, no problem" 

"Thanks Charlotte, the office misses you, I miss you" 

"You don't have to flatter me, I know the other secretaries hate me" I laugh a little

"Okay I might have exaggerated a bit, but I do miss you, you were an excellent secretary" 

"Thank you, but we both know I had to quit that job, it would be too awkward for us to work together" 

"Yeah, you're right, but can't we still be friends?"

"Of course!"

"Great, wanna meet up for lunch tomorrow?"

"Yeah sounds good" 

"Okay, I'll call you with the details later" I walk her to the door and wave as she head towards the elevator. 

I get back to my movie which was reaching an end, when Champ starts barking like crazy, he had to use the restroom. 

I put on his little dog raincoat and leash, then put on my own raincoat, along with my umbrella. 

As we're strolling through the rainy streets, I see a man in the distance and I don't know if I was losing it, but he looked like Kai. He was just standing there, it was rainy so I assumed my eyes were just playing tricks on me and wait for Champ to finish up his business. 

On our way home, I could've sworn we were being followed but whenever I would look back I didn't see anyone. 

"Let's hurry inside" I pick Champ up and hurry back into our apartment. 

I warm up some leftover pizza and sit down to watch another movie. After I finish my pizza, I felt my eyes get droopy and I fall asleep on the couch. 

I was awoken by the sound of Champ barking like crazy.

"What's wrong? There's on intruder?!" I get up and frantically look around for a weapon, only to realize he wasn't barking at the door, he was barking at the window. 

Then I heard what was making him bark, there was a loud thump, something was hitting the window. 

I go over to see if it was just a tree branch hitting the window when I see a person standing there, in the rain. 

I get creeped out until I see the person putting their hands around their mouths as if they were yelling something at me. 

Opening the window, I hear them yelling out my name. 

I get a better look and once I hear their voice I knew exactly who it was. 

I quickly throw on my raincoat and run out there. 

"Long time no see huh?" he tells me.

"I missed you so much!" I run into his arms. 

"I missed you too Charlotte" 

He was back. 

Kai was finally back! 

__________________________________________________________

Hello my spectacular subscribers!(/^---^)/

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, my laptop had a virus, there was sooooo many pop-ups!!

But fear not, I fixed it and I'll be back to updating more often

I hope you liked this chapter! 

-JuJuBeezz