Chapter 21: Is he or isn't he?

Rainy Day Romance

Charlotte's POV 

I wake up with my hair in my face and a puddle of drool on my couch pillow, I look up to see Champ laying on the floor next to me with the plate I was eating pizza off of.

"Kai?" I say and look around. 

I had dreamt it all

I look outside and the rain had stopped. 

"It was only a dream?" I felt my heart drop, if only it had been reality.

I look over at the clock, it was already noon. 

My phone rings, waking me up a bit, and I answer to Lola's voice.

"Are we still on for lunch?" she asks 

"Yeah, what time were you thinking?" I get off the couch, waking Champ with all the moving

"In about an hour?"

"Okay, yeah. Where?"

I write down the name and address of the restaurant, and tell Lola I'll see her in a but. 

While I was getting ready, I hear my phone ring but I didn't make it in time. I see the miss call was from Lola, whatever she had to say she'll tell me when I see her. 

I brush my hair into a nice, slick bun, grab my bag, make sure Champ had some food and water, and I'm on my way out the door

"Bye Champ, be good!" I tell him and he just looks up at me and lays back down, "lazy dog" I mumble as I close the door

I was back out of my drive way when my phone starts ringing again

"Lola, I'm on my way, calm down" I say to the phone 

My phone must have rang at least five times by the time I arrived at the restaurant 

I ask the hostess if Lola's name was on the list, once she spots it she shows me to a table, telling me Lola hasn't arrived yet 

"Maybe she was calling to cancel" I look at the missed calls and dial her number. 

Now she wasn't answering

"C'mon Lola, you were just making my phone go off like crazy" I dial her phone again

I give her a few more minutes, once fifteen minutes rolled by I got up and get back in my car to go home. 

Finally Lola calls me back.

"Charlotte I am so sorry, I got trapped in this random meeting, but I'm on my way now so don't leave okay?"

"I was just about to drive away too"

"I know, sorry. I'll be there in five more minutes" 

I sit in my car until she comes because it was going to be a little embarrassing to go back in and wait some more. 

Five minutes passed and still no Lola! 

I call her back and she doesn't answer! 

She was starting to annoy me a bit 

I turn the key in the ignition when my phone starts going off. 

"You've got to be kidding me!" I say before I answer in a sweet, fake voice. 

"Lola, my car broke down, so I'm in a taxi right now"

"Do you just want to reschedule Lola, it's just lunch"

"No, I'm finished with work and it's so boring to go home and do nothing, I want to spend some time out of my lonely house" she gives me this sob story, so I agree to wait for fifteen more minutes. 

I listen to music on my radio and people watch as the time passes, a lot of interesting people decided to have lunch at this restaurant today. 

Before I knew it, instead of fifteen minutes an entire hour went by. 

I called Lola and surprise, surprise, no answer. 

"I'm going home" I turn my car on and Lola calls me. 

"What happened this time?"

"Charlotte, I'm super sorry but I'm just going to have to cancel, my mom just called and asked me to come over" 

"It's fine, we'll do lunch another day"

"Sorry again, let's try lunch again next week" she says before she hangs up

Yeah right, if this is how difficult it is to have lunch together, I don't plan on waiting at another restaurant for an hour and a half. 

I drive off and turn the music up as I make my way back home.

When I get to my apartment, I unlock the door, but it won't open. 

"What is going on?" I keep turning the knob but it won't budge, I push up against it and finally I get it open

"Today is just not my day" I say to myself, I had been doing a lot of talking to myself today. 

I go to turn the light on to see Champ running up to me with little flowers on his collar. 

"What is this on your collar?" I pull of one of the rose petals, "how did this get on you?"

I go to my room to see it was covered in rose petals. 

It look absolutely beautiful. There was a note on my bed that read

I hope you like it 

-Kai

Was he back? How did he get in my apartment? Why did he do this and not stay to see me?

So many questions, so much confusion

What was going on?!

Hi Subbies! Sorry I haven't updated for a long time but I had a bit of writers block

But I got some inspiration so I'm back and ready to keep updating!

I hope your new year is going wonderful so far! Happy 2015!!! 

I also have started a new fanfic, so go check it out if you want! 

-JuJuBeezz \(^0^\)