Chapter 18: It's Finally Over

Rainy Day Romance

Charlotte's POV 

I was laying on my mom's couch. I had been there for a week. 

"Charlotte when are you going to stop being so mopey?" my mother asks me as she passes by the couch

"My marriage failed after three months, I'll be mopey for as long as I want to" 

"Charlotte I know you're hurting but sitting on my couch is not going to do anything" 

"Then what do you suggest I should do?" 

"I don't know but there must be someone who will cheer you up, you don't have friends to hang out with" 

"Well there's Kai"

"I remember him, the boy I met before you and Jinsang got married" 

"Yeah him" I smile a little when I think about him

"Wow, he's not even here and he managed to make a smile come to you face" 

"He's great, but I don't know if he wants to see me right now" 

"And why is that?" 

"Because he told me he loved me for the second time now and I just drove off without saying anything" 

"Well do you love him back?" 

My mother gave me this certain look as if she knew something was up when she first met him

"I actually don't know" 

"Well do you have feelings for him at all?" 

"A little" my voice goes higher 

"From what I'm hearing, this boy has fallen for you and instead of trying to go after him, you're sitting here on my couch feeling sorry for yourself when you could be out with him having a good time?" 

"Well if you put it that way" 

"I believe there's still some of your old high school clothes upstairs. Now go uo there and see if you can fit anything" she shoves me towards the stairs 

As I look through my clothes and pick out something that won't make me look 17 I come across this nice dress that was probably going to be the only thing that fit

I hold it up against myself and look in a mirror, it looked okay. 

I take a shower and slip it on. I turn and look at how great my body looked. 

And at that moment I had a fantastic idea

I would go get my lugguge in this. Let Jinsang see what he gave up for some no-meat-on-her-bones tramp. 

"Mom I'll be back" I put on one of her trench coats and head out 

When I pull up to the house, I begin to think maybe this was a little childish. 

Then I saw him come out and grab the newspaper. He looked sad. 

Perfect! 

I step out the car and walk up to the door. I hear the doorbell and my heart kind of starts pounding 

Why was I getting so nervous? 

"Charlotte?" Jinsang answers, he had bed head. 

"I came to get my stuff" I walk past him and I the trench coat and shove it at him. 

I make sure to slowly go up the stairs so he'd have a chance to drool over how great I looked 

While I was packing my stuff, he tells me he was just about to take a shower 

"Well don't let me interrupt, I'll be done soon" I say as I bend over and grab a shirt. I felt his eyes on me. 

By the time he got out of the shower, I had half my clothes packed.  

He walks out in nothing but a towel, I watched as water dripped off of him and he pushes his hair back

Damn now I was the one staring. 

"I know what you're doing Charlotte" he comes towards me,  "and I'll have you know its working" he's inches away from my face. 

"Well I know what you're doing to and it's not working" I fire back 

"Are you sure about that?" He whispers in my ear and I get the shivers 

He looks me in the eye and leans in to kiss me. 

We we're kissing until I had came back to reality and jerked away 

"What's wrong?" 

"You. Jinsang you're wrong. You cheated on me" 

"I'm sorry. I broke up with Jenny the second you walked out that door" 

"It doesn't matter, you shouldn't have started anything with her in the first place" 

"Charlotte, you can't end our marriage over something like this" 

"I can and I will Jinsang. I'm done feeling self conscious because you date these pretty Asian women behind my back" 

"You don't have to be self conscious because Charlotte you're the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on" 

"I already know that because someone else told me that already?" 

"And who was it?" 

"A better guy than you" I smile, shut my suitcase and leave out the door. 

"Call me when you're ready to file the divorce!" I yell before I close the door behind me 

"I got my stuff Mom" I say when I walk in the door.  

"You did? You actually went over there and got it?" 

"Yes. In this dress" I spin so she could see the whole outfit 

"You ate his heart out! Way to go, like mother like daughter" she high fives me

"Now it's time to see my knight in shining armor!" 

"Go get him girl!" my mother yells after me 

While I was standing outside of Kai's apartment, I felt my hands getting sweaty. 

I rub them on the end of my dress after I ring the doorbell. 

Woonha answers. 

"Is Kai home?" I ask him as he let's me in. 

"Yeah I'll go get him" 

Kai's POV 

As I was sorting my laundry Woonha runs in and mixes them back together 

"Great now I have to start over" I pick up a shirt. 

"Forget the laundry Kai. Charlotte is on the couch and the dress she's wearing, oh I can't even keep it together she looks so good" 

I walk out to the living room and when Charlotte stands to greet me, I saw what Woonha meant.  

"Wow" was all I could get out 

"I came to ask you on a date" she smiles at me. 

"A date? But don't you usually go on dates with your husband when you're married" 

"About that. I'll tell you more later, on our date. Now hurry and go get ready" 

I basically run to my room and pick out my nicest clothes. 

When I walk out she tells me I look nice and let's go on the date. 

On the ride to wherever we were going I just kept staring at her, wondering if I was dreaming right now 

"What's wrong?  What are you looking at?" she feels my eyes on her. 

"Nothing I'm just a little shocked that were going on a date and you just look incredibly stunning" 

"Thank you" she smiles at me and my hearts beating like a drum 

She stops at a street and tells me we have to walk the rest of the way. She grabs blankets from her trunk.

As were walking she's telling me about this funny show she was watching and her laugh just made me have butterflies, I had never been this nervous before. 

I look down and see she was holding my hand. 

This moment was just surreal and the date hasn't even started yet. 

Finally I see people sitting on blankets and chairs. I saw a small stage so I assumed it was a concert. 

I help Charlotte lay out the blankets and we sit on one and put another one over us since it was getting chilly.  

I was hardly paying attention to the concert, Charlotte had all of my attention. 

After it was over and everyone was leaving Charlotte says she wants to stay.  

Her smile faded and it looked like she was going to delay some bad news 

Oh no, this date was not real. 

"Jinsang was seeing another woman behind my back" she finally says 

"Oh Charlotte I'm so sorry" I wrap my arms around her. 

"I just can't believe my marriage is over" I could feel her tears fall onto my shirt

I just hold her like I did that night she told me he got shot. 

When she dries her tears she smiles at me 

"You must not like the fact that I'm crying over another man" 

"It's not my favorite thing to talk about, no, but as long as I can be here to comfort you" I admit 

"You're so sweet Kai, that's why I could never ask you..."

"Ask me what?" 

"To wait for me to love you back. I do like you Kai but I'm just not ready to say I love you back like I know you want me to say" 

"Charlotte, I'll wait years for you, there's no one else I'd rather be with than you" 

"You're really willing to wait?" 

"Yes. I'm completely fine with being your friend Charlotte, I really like being around you"

"I like being around you too" she says back as we pack up the blankets

"I mean just because I confessed to you twice doesn't mean we can't still be best friends" 

" I guess you're right" she laughs

"I can't believe you said you liked me back, I thought I'd never hear those words come out of your mouth" I confess as we're walking back

"You wanna go on another date tomorrow?" she grabs my hand and locks our fingers

"I'd love to" I hold our interlock hands close to my chest