Chapter 7

Rainy Day Romance

Charlotte's POV

Just like he said, Woonha didn't mind giving me rides to work, he'd been doing it for 2 weeks now, but I did miss the bus, it was fun with Kai. 

I was waiting outside my house for Woonha to roll up, when he does I quickly get in and we head off. 

On our way Woonha starts showering me with all these compliments as usual, he was really nice, I think he had a crush on me. 

"Have a nice day a work" he tells me after he drops me off. 

"Thank you, you have a nice day as well" I respond and go towards the entrance. 

When I walk in, I get the usual scowls and sit in my desk.

Right as I was about to sit down and get to work Boss comes out and tells me to drive her somewhere, she throws her car keys at me. 

"I'd drive but I have to make some calls on the way" she tells me, "we're going to Jongin' school"

We get in her car and she sits in the back as she starts emptying out her briefcase while she was on hold for her call. 

I start the car and drive out of the parking lot. 

We were at Kai's school in less than 10 minutes, but we don't go inside until she's finish with her call. I took that time to get a good look at Kai's school through the window. It was huge, and very nice. 

Finally Boss was finished with her call and we went inside, me carrying her briefcase. 

When we got to the Principal's office, I could tell Kai was in trouble. He was sitting outside of the Principal's office with his arms crossed. 

"The Principal would like to just see you Mr. Kim" his secretary tells her. 

"I'll be right out Charlotte, wait next to Kai" she tells me. 

I nod and go sit next to Kai. 

"What happened?" I ask Kai in a low voice. 

"The teacher is a " he replies. 

"A ? And why is he a ?"

"I corrected him in class and when he tried to make me look stupid, I outsmarted him so he claimed I was talking back and sent me here" 

"Yeah, I've seen teachers like that before, they're the absolute worst" 

"You're telling me, this isn't the first argument I had with this teacher either, he's constantly telling us we're not good enough for college and that we'll never make it in life, just for his own personal self-esteem booster" 

"Well don't believe him, that's bull. You're going to be very successful, he's just mad because his students are smarter than him" 

Kai's POV

I smile a little at her comment, she was making me feel better.

My mother walks out and she looks angry. 

"C'mon" she demands and I get up, along with Charlotte. 

When we get in the car my mother is yelling at me about how I need to stop disrespecting my teachers. 

"How dare you try to challenge the teacher?! You're not even close to being as smart as him! You go out every night, I never see you at home doing homework! I know you must cheat on test to have the good grades you have! Don't correct the teacher if you don't know anything!" she's telling me. 

I pretend like it's not bothering me since we're in front of Charlotte, but my mother is always putting me down, that's why I didn't take it at school, because I had to take it at home. 

They drop me off at home since I was suspended for the day and drive back to work. 

Charlotte's POV

Boss was completely wrong about Kai, he was very intelligent, how could she say those things to him?

After work was over, Woonha comes to take me home. 

"Hey Woonha, if you don't mind me asking, how is the relationship between Kai and Boss?" 

"It's good but she yells at him a lot, she's actually kind of mean to him. I mean she treats me better and I'm not even her biological son" 

I thought about that the entire way home. 

No wonder he comes over here to study and takes the bus to school. 

When I got out it was raining, I put my bag over my head to protect me, while I'm making my way to my porch I see a person sitting there. 

As I get closer, I see it's Kai. 

"Kai? What are you doing here?"

"I ran away" he says. 

I quickly open the door and we go inside. 

"What do you mean you ran away?" I ask. 

"I'm tired of my mother treating me like crap, can I stay here for the night?"

"Sure" 

I hand him some dry clothes and direct him to the bathroom. 

I also change out of my work clothes into dry clothes. 

I go downstairs to see Kai drying his hair with a towel he'd gotten from the bathroom. 

"Are you hungry?" I ask as I warm up some leftover food from the dinner Jinsang and I had the night before. 

"Not really"

"Hey don't believe what your mom says, I know you're smart, don't let what she said get to you" I tell him. 

"I guess" 

"You know what always makes me feel better?" I ask as I come closer to him.

"What?"

Kai's POV

She hugs me, "a hug" 

I slowly wrap my arms around her and I feel the warmness of her body. I put my chin on top of her head and I feel my heart pounding. 

"See don't you feel better" she says as she's still hugging me. 

"Much better" I respond.